Gaming W/Jemal: Mutant Apocalypse (Recruitment always open)

Shayuri

First Post
Hehe, sounds like we're on the same page then.

I even found Cassandra's old sheet. Take some trimming to bring it down to PL8, but not much more than just reducing to the lower caps would require...

Might slim down the TK array, just to imply there's techniques she hasn't learned yet.

[sblock=Jemal]Gryphon could work, the Drake Foundation would also be fine. I believe even working for Gryphon she'd be interested in and supportive of the Drake Foundation...though always with that curious need to pry around the edges and see what makes them tick.[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
Is there an open source for M&M if that's what we're using... if not I'll definitely still need some help making pretty much all of my character :)

jkason

First Post
Terry Quinlan aka The Grid

Okay, not sure if it'll be overreaching points-wise, or might be difficult to implement, but I like the concept. Basically, I tried to take the two major Kitty Pryde concepts and find a way for them to intersect: intangibility and high-tech savvy. Anyway, here's the first crack at it:

Terry Quinlan was always a natural with electronics and computers. Making it through MIT by the time he was 15, it was probably inevitable that things would eventually go a bit hairy; for all his abilities, he was still a teenager.

Rather than keep pleasing 'the man' by taking one of the many recruitment offers he had, Terry went underground, getting his kicks as a hacker called The Grid. He went toe-to-toe with global security systems, and when he asked, they just let him right in.

He'd always felt like a freak, but here, in the world of computers, he felt at home. He joked that, if he could find a way into the wires, that's where he'd live.

And then one day, he did just that. He touched his keyboard, laughing at the Gryphon research facility whose security camera he'd just hacked. And then, inexplicably, he felt himself shooting through nothingness, across the connection, until he showed up bodily within the facility.

It seems Terry's skills weren't just the result of a hyper-developed brain, but the first expressions of a meta-ability. His very genetic code had adapted to the electronic world. He could speak to and command electronics, use them to remotely view other locations, and even take on an insubstantial electrical form himself, transmitting himself through power lines.

Of course, at the time, he had no real control over the abilities, so when Gryphon security surrounded him, well, he found himself quite unable to refuse their own recruitment offer...

Power wise, I was thinking some ranks in comprehend (electronics), ESP (electronic device medium), teleport (electrical conducting medium), and then an insubstantial energy/electrical form that could short out tech and have a shock-like touch attack, so he wouldn't be completely useless in a fight. Like I said, might be too much for the PL of the campaign, especially the teleport, but seems like a fun start.

Shayuri

First Post
The teleport's easy. The insubstantial form that can do damage is gonna cost you a bit.

But I think it's doable, as long as full insubstantiality is GM-approved.

If not, converting yourself to an ionized plasma could be modeled as "gaseous form" too, and you'd still have a lot of the advantages of actual intangibility.

jkason

First Post
The teleport's easy. The insubstantial form that can do damage is gonna cost you a bit.

But I think it's doable, as long as full insubstantiality is GM-approved.

If not, converting yourself to an ionized plasma could be modeled as "gaseous form" too, and you'd still have a lot of the advantages of actual intangibility.

Hm. Maybe it would work better to make his damage and defenses separate: either he can channel electricity into an attack, or he can transmute his form into same. I'd probably want to spend some equipment points on actual body armor or something.

Jemal

Adventurer
well it's been a couple days and no new responses RE: preferences over 2e or 3e. I've got the 3e book again, and have been reading through it. It's very similar to 2e, though I am liking a lot of the things they did with it, and the generally more streamlined feel.
So, I'm going to go ahead and edit the second post in the thread for the character gen rules. Unless I get someone vehemently opposed to 3e within the next day or so, we'll leave it at that.

If you don't have accesss to 3e, don't worry, as it's a fairly simple crossover, I (Or someone else) can help you with conversion.

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, JKason I'd rather you stay away from intangibility that can deal damage. It's a little to close to WIN for my tastes.

jkason

First Post
Also, JKason I'd rather you stay away from intangibility that can deal damage. It's a little to close to WIN for my tastes.

No worries. I'm fiddling around with some base stats, and may wind up dropping the intangibility altogether. The 'teleport through electrically-conductive materials' part of his power gets him places others couldn't necessarily go fairly well. The fluff there is obviously that he's converting himself into an energy form, but I'd just say he can't maintain that form in a non-conductive environment. So he's either energy-in-transit (and therefore unable to cause damage), or he's physical and channeling electrical energies.

Also, FYI: I have family coming into town and staying for the next week, so I may not be online as much.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
IDEA: You might consider a Move-By attack where the special effect is that you turn yourself into energy, hurl yourself *throught* your target and reapear on the other side!

Binder Fred, fading back into lurkdom...

Remove ads