Gaming w/Jemal - Rebuilding the World

Walking Dad

First Post
Jemal said:

[sblock=WalkingDad] If you're wanting the physical side of the dragons, How about a human Half-dragon with a single character level in any base class? The half-dragon would give you everything you want in a 'draconic' character and is one of the few templates/LA races I don't have a problem with.
Though, the dragonborn sorceror options you posted look OK, too.[/sblock]
[sblock=Jemal]
Ok, the sorcerer then. Only one class level would leave the character rather fragile: Best option: Barbarian (12) + Toughness (3)= 15+ con mod
[/sblock]

Age: 92, only recent change into dragonborn (shortly after d-day)

Jemal

Adventurer
Allright, Checked the RG again and Serow's added his name.. Anybody else? Do you guys need any questions answered, or is it just a matter of time?

geogator

First Post
Jemal, I could not discern if you had or had not closed this thread to new players. If there is a spot open for consideration I would enjoy playing in a post apoc game such as this. I was looking for a 4E game but, I am well versed in 3.5. My initial ideas for a character would be along the lines of either a Human Bard (Arabian Theme) or a Human Marshal (Mounted Combat Feats = Arabian Calvary). Or if you see any other gaping whole in the group I can play and fill any roll.

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Halford - I didn't see him in the Rogues Gallery. Where you waiting on an answer to a question I missed?

Geogator - Yeah, I closed recruitment back on page 2, just forgot to change the thread title. Though if people don't start postin their characters, I may open back up.

Walking Dad

First Post
Sorry for the long delays. You might be right and my heart isn't really on this game. Open up my slot for players more eager, please.

I hope you have no hard feelings, and I'm really looking forward your 4e game!

BTW: geogator seems really eager to play and have good concepts. And he is in far fewer games than me. I would like to give him my slot.

geogator

First Post
Making the GIANT assumption that I need to make a character and quickly due to taking over for WD. I have a few questions:

1) I can't seem to find the book that has Marshal in it. (I believe it is in the miniatures handbook that I don't have anymore.) So, I was thinking of using the Knight Class out of PHB2. Is this acceptable?

2) Feats: Ancestral Weapon - Book of Exalted Deeds: Is this a feat that you would be comfortable with?

3) Prestige Class Aim: Anointed Knight - Also from the Book of Exalted Deeds: I have never felt it was an overly powerful class but, I thought I would ask before I focused my character concept around it. Although this hinges on #2, I would still like the feat even if the Prestige Class is a no go.

Here is the general character concept I am working with: Arabian(ish) Royal trained in the arts of diplomacy and court (Bard lvl1) who, as a matter of family pride joined the Cavalry and excelled (Knight lvl3). Traveling abroad she was in the city when the world ended. Now she is just another survivor.

Edit: Due to the alignment restriction of Bard the above combination (my most desired) is not possible. No Lawful Bards, No Unlawful Knights. Is Beguiler or Warmage a suitable replacement? Beguiler fits the general life of living in a Vizier's Court (but, does state that LG beguilers are "like LG necromancers - rare and foreign to even their fellows." Warmage fits the Militant traditions of the family. My true hope is that you would rather wave the alignment restriction on bard.

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Oh well um, yeah I totally knew I hadn't posted in the rogues gallery, yeah, yeah. Why don't I just do that now.... Whoops!

Jemal

Adventurer
WD - Sorry to hear that.

Ford - heh. silly wabbit.

Geogator - Welcome aboard, and here's some answers :

Yes, Marshal is in the Mini's handbook and knight would be perfectly fine (Better for me in fact, since I DO have access to Knight and DON'T have access to Marshal).
Hmm.. I'm gonna say no to the Exalted stuff, sorry.

As for the bard/knight - Unless you plan on revisiting bard, there's a really easy fix. Alignment change. You used to be Neutral(Bard), but switched to Lawful as a result of the Discipline drilled into you by your Knight Training. I'd have no problem with that. (Note that EX-Bards do not loose any of their abilities, they just cannot continue to advance in bard levels)

Jemal

Adventurer
Also, I'm gonna start the IC thread for this soon. I know not all the characters are in yet (Metaldragon hasn't posted in a while and Geogator has to catch up), but I can start without those characters finished.

Metaldragon, if you're still out there please tell me if you plan on staying or not.

Geogator, don't worry about being left behind. Unlike many of my games, this one won't be starting with a massive combat. (Unless the PC's do something.. 'unwise') Until you do post in, we can just assume you're standing quietly amongst the NPC's (If that's OK with you)

Remove ads