• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: War of Gods

Nephtys

First Post
Neph -
Don't have complete Champion, what's Fist of the Forest? What kind of AC bonus is it?

Also keep in mind that I will be designing most of the fights, so I'm going to have to make sure some of them can hit you, and if your AC is that much higher than the rest of the party, that means those fighters won't be able to MISS anybody else.

Complete Champion pg 80 and 81 said:
Fist of the Forest
REQUIREMENTS
Base Attack Bonus: +4.
Skills: Handle Animal 4ranks, Survival 4 ranks.
Feats: Great Fortitude, Improved Unarmed Strike, Power Attack.
Special: Must gain approval as a fist of the forest by the
leaders of a band of Guardians of the Green, then adopt
the lifestyle of an animal (see Primal Living, below).
AC Bonus (Ex): While unarmored, you gain a bonus to your Armor Class equal to your Constitution bonus (if any). See the monk class feature (PH 40).

Base Attack Fort Ref Will Special
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]1st +1 +2 +2 +0, AC bonus, fast movement, feral trance 1/day, primal living [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]​

[/FONT]
 --
SORAG, WARDEN OF THE GREEN CR 9
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Female human monk 6/fist of the forest 3 LN Medium humanoid [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Init [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]+5; [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Senses [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]scent; Listen +14, Spot +11 [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Languages [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Common, Gnome [/FONT][/FONT]​

[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]AC 21, touch 21, flat-footed 16; Dodge, Mobility, uncanny [/FONT]
[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]dodge [/FONT][/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial](+3 Con, +5 Dex, +2 Wis, +1 class) [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial]​

[FONT=Arial,Arial] [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Arial]Abilities [FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]Str 20, Dex 20, Con 16, Int 13, Wis 15, Cha 11 [/FONT][/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial,Arial][FONT=Arial,Arial]​
[/FONT][/FONT][/FONT]

It's a constitution bonus to AC that stacks with everything, except other constitution bonuses to AC. You see above that it stacks with the monk's wisdom and dexterity bonuses.​

The RP requirements fit well enough with my character, who's something of an unorthodox guardian of nature. The GoG organisation would likely bend over backwards to be affiliated with such a magnificent example of nature, and if not he could easily have bent a few himself until they shared their teachings with him. The class doesn't require membership in the organisation, merely their teaching. Or maybe, being a Paragon and all, he came up with the teachings himself.
And the Primal living condition merely forbids him from paying for food ot sleeping indoors. He's still allowed to wear clothing, fortunately, though it would be very cool if WotC published a nudist prestige class. A big screw you to the dnd-hating extremists.* :D Anyway, this is not that, but still pretty cool.​

But, keeping in mind what you wrote above about balancing encounters, perhaps it's overkill and counterproductive. I don't want my strengths to become a weakness for my companions. Maybe it's better to focus on dealing more damage than keeping an overly defensive mindset.​

*Disclaimer, I'm not a nudist, just a little drunk right now.​

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
after shamelessly dl'ing a pdf of complete Adventurer Jemal and looking over scout I really can wrap my head around that... most if not all of the scouts abilities are what I'm looking for. The blindsight at the end of the progression will fit will with a large half dragon and most full dragons have blindsight as well.

The movement thing is nice and would allow me alot of the move and shoot type feats I need with the scouts bns feats.. leaving my feats from leveling for more of the flying maneuver variety. Then the epic feats to finish it off with something bow-like epic coolness I'm sure.

Would you be taking me full scout 20 do you think? and if so what to do with the other 4 levels? Fighter for weapon spec maybe?

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
I'll be posting a lot more on the character tommorow, but I will give you what I've got now as a preview. Pretty much explains where I'm going with it.

6 Horizon Walker, 1 Ranger, 1 Monk, 2 Fighter, 24 Scout, 5 Invisible Blade, 1 Master Thrower

Feats (18+8 Epic): Swift Hunter, Improved Skirmish, Endurance, Quicken Spell-like Ability, Deft Strike, Combat Expertise, Far Shot, Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus, Persuasive, Expeditious Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Sun-School, Elusive Target, Power Attack, Favored Power Attack, Bane of Enemies, Epic Skill Focus x2 (Bluff, Listen), Penetrate Damage Reduction, Track, Quick Draw, Bounding Assault, Rapid Blitz, Keen-Eared Scout

Jemal

Adventurer
Rathan - So if you want to be a large Half-dragon, there's not very many good options. Most of the large creatures are heavy-investment and build for melee.
The only suggestion I have is Half-ogre(Savage Species), but not sure it fits.. Half-dragon half-ogre stats are: +14str,-2dex,+4 con. Not exactly made for archery. Can't really think of any other large creature that would be a good fit for an archer. I'll think a little further, but if you're wanting wings, you may have to skip the half-dragon route and find a different way (Winged template works great for archers: +4 dex, +2 wis, Fly speed=Land+20, manueverability perfect, LA +2).

And how much Scout you take would likely be dependant on how much you spend on race/templates, and whether there's any other classes you'd like.

Thoughts?

Shayuri

First Post
You know what's fun for archers?

Pixies! Just a +4 LA (no racial HD!) and you get massive stat bonuses, small size for better AC and attack bonus, and constant greater invisibility! Not to mention a good Fly speed with Good maneuverability.

Oh god, now I want to play a pixie.

No! Shapeshifter. Shape...shifter...

Jemal

Adventurer
Pixies.. *Shudders with rememberance* Oh god the horror... please no... in fact, I think I might add them to the list of banned races. Not cuz they're OP, just cuz they're... Pixies.

Rathan

First Post
Hmmm... yea half or full ogre just doesn't fit with me or an archer build.... I guess I'm gonna have to take the winged template. With Paragon and Winged I'm gonna have 22 class levels to choose from which is not gonna leave me with many epic feats to choose from I don't think.

I do like the thought of Scout a lot and getting to blindsight with it would be cool but if you have a better way to set him up please toss it out there. I don't want to sell the build short if I don't have to!

EDIT: I just noticed the Paragon template is not going to give me the +20 luck bns to damage unless I'm using a melee or thrown weapon.... I know it's only one of the templates features but that's giving up a lot in the way of damage just to be ranged... perhaps ranged isn't the way to go, or maybe Paragon isn't the way to go?

EDIT2: Would you be opposed to giving me the +20 luck bns to damage on a ranged weapon? It is after all a luck bonus not something tied to str that requires might or str to hurl it I guess...

Suggestions Jemal?

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Nuthin to see here, just WIPing my new build.

By toning monk way down and replacing most of it with revised druid levels, I got Wildshape HD up to 35. This allows some absolutely fantastic shapes like juvenile force dragons, and ancient gold dragons...and much much more...

I haven't bought the Wilding Clasps yet, but I'm gonna. Just so you know I haven't forgotten.

[sblock=Shapechanger]Name:
Human
Druid 17 / Monk 2 / Ranger (Wildshape) 5 / Master of Many Forms 10 / Warshaper 3 / Nature's Warrior 3

Description::)

Str 10/24 +4 inherent +10 enh
Dex 10/26 +1 level +5 inherent +10 enh
Con 18/30 +1 level +5 inherent +6 enh
Int 16
Wis 18/40 +7 level +5 inherent +10 enh
Cha 18/30 +1 level +5 inherent +6 enh

AC: 61 (10 + 15wis +8 dex +10 nat +8 armor +10 def), Touch 43, FF 53
Fort: +43 (+23 +10con +10res)
Ref: +36 (+18 +8dex +10res)
Will: +46
Hit Points: 10+16d10+23d8
Move: 30'
Init: +12

Base Attack: +30

Feats:
-------
1 Alertness
1 Improved Initiative
3 Combat Reflexes
6 Weapon Finesse
9 Weapon Focus: Bite
12 Weapon Focus: Claws
15 Flyby Attack
B Tracking
B Endurance
B Improved Grappling
B Deflect Arrows

21 Exceptional Deflection
24 Infinite Deflection
27 Fast Healing
30 Improved Natural Strike (Epic)
33 Epic Prowess
36 Magical Beast Wild Shape
39 Dragon Wild Shape

Race Traits: Human
---------------
Extra Feat
Extra Skill Point
Etc

Class Traits:
-----------------
Druid
Animal Companion (Druid level 17)
Wild Empathy
Nature Sense
Woodland Stride
Trackless Step
Resist Nature's Lure
Wildshape 5/day
Venom Immunity
1000 Faces
Timeless Body
DRUID POWERS!
- Natural Strike (Silver)
- Natural Strike (Good)
- Natural Strike (Cold Iron)
- Natural Strike (Adamantine)
- Natural Strike (Evil)

Ranger
Favored Enemies
- Evil Outsiders +4
- Good Outsiders +2
Track
Wild Empathy
Endurance
Animal Companion (Druid Level 2)
Wild Shape 1/day (Small or Medium only)

Monk
Bonus Feats
- Improved Grapple
- Deflect Arrows
Flurry of Blows
Unarmed strike (1d6)
Evasion

Master of Many Forms
Improved Wildshape 16/day (gargantuan through dimunitive, up to 35HD)
- Humanoid, Monstrous Humanoid, Giant, fey, vermin, abberation, plant, ooze, elemental, dragon
Shifters Speech
Fast Wildshape
Extraordinary Wildshape
Evershifting Form (shapechanger subtype, immune to transmutations)

Warshaper
Morphic Immunities (Stuns, crits)
Morphic Weapons (+1 size level natural weapons)
Morphic Body (+4 str, +4 Con)
Morphic Reach +5'`

Nature's Warrior
- Claws of the Grizzly (+3 dmg w/natural weapons), Wilding
- caster level increase
- Skin of the Alligator (+3 natural armor in wildshape)

Skills 160d+50r+16m+80mmf+18w+?ng

Languages: Common, Giant, Draconic, Sylvan, Druidic

Equipment
Cash: 489,500-27.5k-120k

Unity of Threes: Amulet of Mind, Body, and Spirit - 4.019
- +10 Natural Armor, 2mil
- +10 Epic Wisdom, 1.5mil
- +5 Mighty Fists, .225
- +6 Constitution, 54k
- Concealment (as 3rd Eye of Conceal), .24

Straps of Strength and Speed (belt), 2.5mil
- +10 Strength, 1mil
- +10 Dexterity, 1.5mil

Uber-Ring, 5.26
- Universal Energy Immunity, 2.16
- Epic Protection +10, 2.5
- Ironskin, .6
- Spell Turning, .147420

Vest of Epic Resistance +10, 1mil

Bracers of Armor +8, 64k
Boots of Teleportation, 49k

Tomes,
- +5 Strength, 137,500
- +5 Dexterity, 137,500
- +5 Wisdom, 137,500
- +5 Constitution, 137,500
---------------------
Preferred Shapes
---------------------
Juvenile Force Dragon (gargantuan)
60' move, Fly 300
+36 Str, 0 Dex, +22 Con
+37 natural AC, -4 size AC, SR33, DR15/magic
Breath Weapon: 20d12 Force DC 48 in 60' cone, Fright DC37
Reach 20', Bite: 4d8+30, 2 Claws 4d6+17, 2 Wings 2d8+17, Tail 4d6+30, Crush 4d8+30, Sweep 2d8+17
Immune to Sleep, Paralysis and Force, Deflecting Force (+10), Blur (20% miss)
Blindsense 60', darkvision, low light vision

Tayella
Magical Beast (gargantuan)
100' move
+26 Str, +38 Dex, +28 Con
+15 insight AC, +7 natural AC, -4 size AC, SR34, DR10/epic
Reach 20', 2 Claws 4d6+21, 3 Bites 2d8+12, Sting 3d8+12+poison (DC49, 2d10Con)
Pounce, Improved Grab, Rake 4d8+21[/sblock]

Rathan

First Post
What type of bonus does the Winged template give me Jemal? would it stack with the inherent bonus of the tomes and manuals or replace them?

EDIT: Also... besides Paladin, does anyone know of a class that adds an ability mod to saves?

EDIT2: Does the Paragons Max HP on all HD supersede your current HP generation Jemal?

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads