• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gaming W/Jemal: War of Gods

Dharuhk Svahre

First Post
Out of curiosity, since you brought it up in my epic thread, do you allow use of oriental adventures and all of its side books (rokugan ect)?

Last edited:

Jemal

Adventurer
Dharuhk - Yes, on a case-by-case basis.

Rangerjohn - That is probably a good idea, yes.

Rathan - HP will be maxed for all anyways (Didn't I say that earlier? Hmm, will have to edit main post if not).
And I'm afraid no to the Luck bonus to arrow damage, far as I see, it specifically leaves non-thrown weapons out. Arrows aren't supposed to do tons of damage b/c they make up for it with range.
[sblock=Winged]+4 dex, +2 Wis, Feathered wings: Fly speed = base +20, Manueverability=Perfect(If dex is 17+).
Type changes to Monstrous humanoid.
LA+2[/sblock]

Shayuri - Thank you for including some of your favoured forms, I was going to ask for that. What book is "Tayella" from?

Repeat info for all: HP will be all maxed.

Rathan

First Post
EDIT: Ok.... I guess I'm not going to get out this what I'm looking for with ranged... so I think I'm going to work on melee flier that will use fly by attack in the air and spring attack on the ground as a backup...

I think to use the full LA of Paragon I think melee is the way to go, but combined with flight I think will be enough of a difference not to be cookie-cutter and still be very effective.

I am working on building the character myself, however I don't have access to all the books or the knowledge I need for what feats really to take to maximize my build... if you could help me with that once I post what I do have for a build so far you'd be able to help me with that right Jemal?

[sblock=What I Got So Far]Name: Pithramir the "Valkyrie"
Race: Paragon [+16 LA] Winged [+2 LA] Human
Class: Scout 20/Monk 1/??? 1
Alignment: NG
ECL: 40
Height/Weight: 6'1"/210 lbs.
Hair/Eyes: Bright Blue/Silver

Str: 55 +22 (18 Pts, +15 Paragon, +5 Inherent, +5 Level, +12 Enhancement)
Dex: 42 +16 (18 Pts, +15 Paragon, +5 Inherent, +4 Template
Con: 50 +20 (18 Pts, +15 Paragon, +5 Inherent, +12 Enhancement)
Int: 25 +7 (10 Pts, +15 Paragon,
Wis: 44 +17 (16 Pts. +15 Paragon, +5 Inherent, +2 Template, +6 Enhancement)
Cha: 35 +12 (10 Pts, +15 Paragon, +5 Inherent
Points Unspent: 0

BAB: +16/+11/+6 [+15/+10/+5 Base, +1 Epic Progressing]
HP: 160[Scout]+8[Monk]+???+440[Con Mod]+264[Paragon]
AC: 82 (10 Base, +16 Dex, +17 Wis, +12 Insight, +12 Luck, +5 Natural, +10 Deflection)
Init: +19 (+16 Dex, +3 Scout)
Speed: 30(50 Fly, Perfect) [90(150 Fly, Perfect)]

Saves:
Fort: +49 (6 Base, +20 Con, +10 Paragon, +3 Scout, +10 Enhancement)
Refl: +48 (12 Base, +16 Dex, +10 Paragon, +10 Enhancement)
Will: +43 (6 Base, +17 Wis, +10 Paragon, +10 Enhancement)

Attacks:
+7 Keen Impaling Adamantine Ghost Strike Longspear +73 (+16 BAB, +22 Str, +25 Paragon, +7 Weapon, +1 WF, +2 MWM] to hit / 1d8+33[1.5xStr]+7[Weapon]+1[WM]+2[MWM]+20[Paragon] (+7d6 dmg w/ Skirmish) dmg 19-20/X3 Crit

Racial/Special Abilities:
Paragon:
*A paragon creature always has maximum hit points. Paragon creatures also gain an additional 12 hit points per HD.
*A paragon creature’s speed triples, for all movement types.
*Paragon creatures gain a +12 insight bonus to AC and a +12 luck bonus to AC. They also gain a +5 natural armor bonus
*A paragon creature makes all its attacks with a +25 luck bonus on the attack roll.
*A paragon creature gains a +20 luck bonus on damage rolls for all melee and thrown ranged attacks.
*A paragon creature’s special attacks, if any, all gain a +13 insight bonus, if applicable. The +13 insight bonus may only be applied to a given special ability once.
*Fire and cold resistance 10.
*Damage reduction 15/epic.
*Spell resistance equal to the paragon creature’s HD+26 [48].
*Fast healing 20.
*A paragon creature’s natural weapons are treated as epic for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction.
*The paragon creature gains a +10 insight bonus on all its saving throws.
*All ability scores are 15 points higher than those of the base creature.
*The paragon creature gains a +10 competence bonus on all its skill checks.
* Feats: Same as the base creature, plus one bonus feat.
Winged:
* +4 Dex, +2 Wis, Land Speed +20 ft, Perfect Manuv.
Scout:
*Skirmish (+5d6, +5 AC)
*Blindsight 30 ft.
*Battle Fort. +3 (+3 Fort Checks, +3 Init)
*Freedom of Movement
*Hide in Plain Sight
*Camouflage
*Flawless stride
*Fast Movement
*Uncanny Dodge
*Trapfinding
Monk:
*Ac Bonus (Wis to AC when wearing light or no armor)
*Flurry of Blows
*Unarmed Strike

Skills: 1st (8+7)x4 2nd-20th (8+7)x19, 21st (4+7), 22nd (???)

Feats:
Human: Dodge [+1 Dodge Bns to AC Against Selected Foes]
Monk 1st: Stunning Fist
1st: Mobility [+4 dodge bns to AC against AoO when you move out of threatened area]
3rd: Weapon Focus (Spear) [+1 Attk w/ Spears]
Scout 4th: Short Haft
6th: Wingover [Can make dramtic change of direction in a move, you loose 10 feet of movement for every change of direction]
Scout 8th: Spring Attack [Move-Attk-Move]
9th:
12th: Weapon Spec. (Spear) [+2 Dmg w/ Spears]
Scout 12th: Melee Weapon Mastery (Piercing) [+2 Attk, +2 Dmg w/ Piercing]
15th: Improved Skirmish [+2d6 dmg, +2 AC if moved more than 20 feet from start]
Scout 16th: Bounding Assault [Pick two foes, No AoO's, Make two attks (second at -5) with Spring Attack]
18th:
Scout 20th:
21st[Epic]:
Paragon Bonus:

Equipment:

Magical Items: 1,037,695 gold left
Tomes/Manuals:
*Str +5 137,500 gp
*Dex +5 137,500 gp
*Con +5 137,500 gp
*Wis +5 137,500 gp
*Cha +5 137,500 gp
+7 Keen [+1] Impaling [+1] Adamantine Ghost Strike [+1] Longspear 2,000,305 gp
Wraps (Cloak) of Epic Resistance +10 1,000,000 gp
Ring of Epic Protection +10 and Universal Energy Immunity 5,160,000 gp
Torc (Periapt) of Wis +6 36,000 gp
Belt of Epic Strength and Con +12 3,600,000 gp
Winged Helm (Helm) of Teleportation and Comp. Langs and Read Magic 81,300 gp[/sblock]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Jemal, a Tayella is one of the Epic monsters from the SRD. There aren't many that I can hit with 35HD, but it's still not bad... I assume it's also in the Epic Level Handbook, since most of the SRD material was adapted from that.

Rathan, some of the magic items worn by my character are combinations of items that are pre-existing. For example, the "Unity of Three" amulet is really just an amulet combining several functions, with the surcharges for stacking slots incorporated into the price. I then just stuck a fancy name onto it, and called it an epic item. :)

So yes, I created some items in the sense that I chose which items to crunch together into them. But I didn't just make up effects wholesale. I always started with pre-existing magic items, and lumped them together.

Also, Rathan, your Charisma seems off...you bought a base score of 10, then included Paragon Bonus of 15 and Inherent Bonus of 5. That adds up to 30, not 35.

Last edited:

Rathan

First Post
Thanks Shay... I wasn't complaining I just wanted to know as I was going to use it as a base to make my own.... what I need to know is how you got all this abilities on the uber-ring and costing so little. How much would a ring of Universal Elemental Immunity and Epic Protection +10 by themselves be?

Shayuri

First Post
Well, first off, the original Uber-Ring was priced incorrectly. On my third pass I caught the arithmatic error.

A Ring of Universal Energy Immunity combined with Protection +10 would cost 5.16 million.

2.16 million for the energy immunity, and 3 million for the Protection...which is really 2 million for the base cost, and then another 1 million for the 50% stacking fee.

Nice item, but it uses up over a third of our gp total singlehandedly. It's far from inexpensive.

My new build is more economical, though it uses both ring slots...

Rathan

First Post
That's what I got as well Shay... thanks.. I did do it right LOL.

Also Shay.. if you would take a look at my build so far and tell me what you think please? I value your opinion as well as Jemals and a third set of eyes never hurts. Do you have any suggestions for feats... or magic items with my remaining monies indicated on my sheet that would be good for this build?

Shayuri

First Post
Er...looking at the two, your guy would probably beat my guy after a looooooooooooong, protracted fight of attrition. And that's with 1mil left for you to spend.

The Paragon template is pretty nuts. I'd jump at it myself, but my build requires that I try to maximize the number of hit dice I have for wildshape...and paragon LA would cripple it.

Anyway, I can pump my AC to a level where you'd have trouble hitting. Your AC is already pretty much out of my reach, so I'd have to try to tag you with breath weapon attacks or other area blasts. And you'd almost always make your saves against them.

In the end, you'd win because your fast healing is way faster than mine.

Though I wouldn't die. I'd just be forced to retreat.

After you spend your last mil, you'll be pretty much unquestionably superior to me in raw combat. My advantage will be in noncombat versatility. I'll be able to assume forms that have special abilities that are uniquely applicable to a situation.

Rathan

First Post
wow... coming from someone at least semi adept at making epic level characters I'm flattered. Problem is I dunno if I've made him a bit TOO uber and made it harder for the rest of the group heh.

I was hoping you might have some good feat combs and item suggestions for me with what I have left to spend and what slots I have left for feats.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads