• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Garlicnation's "Forgotten realms and the planes" OOC

JDragon

Explorer
garlicnation said:
I laugh at fluid dynamics. Also, because you guys are all templated and junk like that, i will hand out experience at every rest, just so you know. Or a long journey. Those are good too.

Out of curiosity, what is your IC reason for using the beer. Metagaming is nice, but you need some Motive ;)

None at this point, and after watching the Pixie's arror, I'm thinking cold looks good. And we have IC info for that one. :)

BTW - my above stuff was me, not Fash, he's just trying to see what happens. Also Is Fash focused or do I need to spend next round doing that?

garlicnation

First Post
Dire lemming. I will temporarily take over your charachter unless you post by tonight. It has been 1.5 days since your last post.

Guys, dont worry about initiative, just post what you are planning on doing.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Sorry, it's just that I didn't see any way in which Shoon could positively affect the situation so I was waiting to see the results of the other's actions. Technically, a round is a six second frame of time in which everyone acts. Then the next round is another six seconds. Ignoring initiative kind of cheats dextrous characters and espcially those with Improved Iniative, it also makes things alot more confusing. Well that's my opinion, but you're the boss, I'll see what I can do.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Dire Lemming said:
Ignoring initiative kind of cheats dextrous characters and espcially those with Improved Iniative, it also makes things alot more confusing. Well that's my opinion, but you're the boss, I'll see what I can do.

I thought he just meant that we don't need to worry about posting in our initiative order and that when he posts, he'll post everything in order of what goes on.

I could be totally wrong though.

garlicnation

First Post
Dog Moon said:
I thought he just meant that we don't need to worry about posting in our initiative order and that when he posts, he'll post everything in order of what goes on.

I could be totally wrong though.

Exactly. If you all wait to post in order, everything takes forever and ever.

I willl resolve things in order and you are always allowed to change your actions before they occur, but always post. Even doing nothing.

Dire Lemming

First Post
So, summing up the known traits of the Golem:

It's apparently pretty fast. It's got damage resistance that may be bypassed by fire and cold. It's apparently got regeneration. It's got three attacks, the first two of which have beaten AC 25. It's attacks have not yet done less than 23 points of damage. It hates healers. It's all over, we're screwed, I'm going to go huddle in a corner until it impales/decapitates/disembowels me.

It'd be nice if we had an idea of what the battlemat looked like, cause I was under the impression that the thing was kind of far away from Shoon, and then it goes and full attacks for a near instant kill. Also, how big is the room.

Last edited:

JDragon

Explorer
Dire Lemming said:
So, summing up the known traits of the Golem:

It's apparently pretty fast. It's got damage resistance that may be bypassed by fire and cold. It's apparently got regeneration. It's got three attacks, the first two of which have beaten AC 25. It's attacks have not yet done less than 23 points of damage. It hates healers. It's all over, we're screwed, I'm going to go huddle in a corner until it impales/decapitates/disembowels me.

It'd be nice if we had an idea of what the battlemat looked like, cause I was under the impression that the thing was kind of far away from Shoon, and then it goes and full attacks for a near instant kill. Also, how big is the room.

I would agree that a map of some kind would be very helpful in determining what we can do, and how to approach this thing.

garlicnation

First Post
Again, i am new to the posting thing, and am working on a map right now. In my IRL campaign i just reveal the map i have written, but i have no scanner. This should take a while.

Anyone have any suggestions for doing a map on the computer?

DONT DESPAIR. Seriously, i would not throw an encounter at you guys that you couldnt beat without taking loss. You have already done much better than my last party, and I see you beating this. The whole crawling in a corner and dying thing seems a bit dramatic to me, but crawling in a corner is a good thing.

Last edited:

Dire Lemming

First Post
I didn't say I would crawl into the corner and wait to die, I said I would crawl into the corner and wait for it to mutilate me.

Last edited:

garlicnation

First Post
If you have noticed, keeping the attention of this thing is simple, and thankfully for you, it is a much weaker version of the real thing. Oh, and you WILL fight the real thing, and a ton of other monsters.

Remove ads