• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gary Gygax co-written Unpublished Setting. Bonus Stretch Goal for Kickstarter!

R

RevTurkey

Hi Folks, Brave Halfling are offering a co-written Gary Gygax setting as a bonus stretch goal for their DCC RPG Kickstarter project.

Appendix N Adventure Toolkits (DCC RPG Modules) by John Adams — Kickstarter

Check it out. Might be of interest to some of you?

:D

UPDATE: hi folks. It seems I got this slightly wrong. From the original Kickstarter bonus goal entry it sounded like it was very much co-written which now appears incorrect. Brave Halfling have put up an update regarding this...

“With Gary and Gail's blessing, I consulted with Gary frequently about the design of the setting, npc races, magic item creation, divine beings, etc. I bounced ideas off of him and he provided suggestions and critiques. It was a very special time in my hobby gaming that I still treasure. However, while Gary played a supportive but indirect role in my creation of the Old Isle Campaign Setting, he did not create or write one word of the setting - The Old Isle is 100% my creation.”

So although it sounds fair to say that this 'Old Isle' setting was directly influenced, it seems I was incorrect saying it would be co-written. I apologize for possibly misleading anyone. That's what it sounded like to me when I wrote this thread.

Still... It is a great deal.
So far, for $30+ you get 5 modules(and pdfs), a digest gaming box, 8 setting pdfs
If it gets to $12,500 another module will be added. If it gets to $15k then the 'Old Isle' setting.

Sorry for being incorrect originally. It was what I thought at the time.
Check out the kickstarter and decide for yourself.

Last edited:

R

RevTurkey

The other author is John Adams of Brave Halfling Publications
I have a couple of his adventures for Labyrinth Lord and like them.
The kickstarter is good value even without that wonderful Gygax goal.

R

RevTurkey

The Kickstarter has reached over $6000 which means for $20 you get 5 modules...delivered! If it get to $10k they are offering an 'old school' digest box. At 15k the Co-written Gary Gygax setting is released. Awesome.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
As it stands now, it's already a pretty cool deal. The 10k$ stretch goal is rather meh for me, but if we'd hit 15k$ - that would summon a big, gleeful grin to my face.

Tanstaafl_au

Explorer
So they are holding to ransom an unpublished (co) work of Gary for 15k? That doesn't really sound that cool to me.

which means for $20 you get 5 modules

Are you sure about that? To me it reads under pledge of $20 that you get 2 modules with a PDF and Print copy of each, plus a print copy of toolkit. Whch is a good deal still,
pledge of $20 said:
Tallfellow's Oath - A pdf and 1 print copy (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat” and your name (or your favorite character's name) listed on a special, limited edition Supporters Poster. 1 print copy of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered). Plus 1 pdf and 1 print copy (including the digest game box) of any Bonus Goal products that are reached.

Last edited:

So they are holding to ransom an unpublished (co) work of Gary for 15k? That doesn't really sound that cool to me.

Are you sure about that? To me it reads under pledge of $20 that you get 2 modules with a PDF and Print copy of each, plus a print copy of toolkit. Whch is a good deal still,

Kickstarters usual unlock higher level goals. No ransom involved.

At $20 and above those who pledge get bonus modules.

Nellisir

Hero
They've reached 3 of the 5 higher level goals, and everyone pledging $20 or more gets a bonus module for each of those goals, so 2+3 bonus) = 5

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads