Gary Gygax Funeral Arrangements - Open to Public

Dias Ex Machina

Publisher / Game Designer
When my mother went to Israel, part of the tour involved passing by the grave of Oscar Schindler. Like in the movie, tourists are invited to place a stone on the grave in reflection.

I have a D20 I have never lost in 20 years of gaming. If I ever have the chance to visit the grave, it will be placed.

frankthedm

First Post
Open to the public... Wow that could be some crowd.

To make sure no one gets lost...

longroadbp4.png

GammaPaladin

First Post
Just please, nobody show up in costume.

(Probably pointless to say, because the types who would probably don't read here. But I just have this horrible vision of seeing people with bad elf ears on the news...

DM-Rocco

Explorer
Blackrat said:
You know, just an idea. Would it be too much to make a sticky thread where every ENWorlder who can't be there could write down a couple of lines they would want to say? And then at the day of the funeral, someone who does go, prints it out and lays it next to the grave or gives to his wife or something?
If you get a sticky with words of love and comfort to Gary, I will print them out and lay them with him.

sckeener

First Post
DiasExMachina said:
I have a D20 I have never lost in 20 years of gaming. If I ever have the chance to visit the grave, it will be placed.

I chuckled at this over on slashdot

I feel sorry for the cemetary... (Score:4, Funny)
by gmcraff (61718) Alter Relationship <gmcraff&yahoo,com> on Tuesday March 04, @01:23PM (#22640132)
They're going to wonder at the legions of people in various modes of dress, from lawyers to pimply-faced geeks to Vin Diesel, that will stop by and pour out a tube of dice on his grave.

And then they'll realize they have to have someone go out and clear up the piles before they can mow. A lawnmower hitting Gygax's grave will cause a 30' radius spray of polyhedrons, doing from 1d6 to 3d6 damage depending on the horsepower of the mower.​

Seriously...if they have vases for flowers on the gravestone...they might as well drills some holes at the bottom (so rain water can escape) expecting dice to be poured into them.

BiggusGeekus

That's Latin for "cool"
KRBourgoine said:
Visitation is on Saturday, March 8 at 11 AM at:

Haase Derrick Lockwood Funeral Home
800 Park Drive
Lake Geneva, WI 53147
(282) 248-2031

For whatever reason that phone number didn't work for me

(262) 877-3013 is the main office (not the Lake Geneva office!) and the guy at the desk sounded like he'd been receiving a lot of calls.

Their site says they work with JustFlowers.com
http://www.justflowers.com/affiliates/funeral_service/list.asp

When they asked me for a phone number of the funeral home, the flowers people said the main office number is just fine. However this does appear to be a large service and the very nice woman on the phone needed correct spellings for everything, so speak clearly or any arrangement will be sent to "Jared Guyaxe" (thankfully, I got that cleared up in time).

KRBourgoine

First Post
Aeolius said:
Is Milwaukee the closest airport? How far is that from Lake Geneva?

That is where I fly into. You can also do Chicago.

From MKE its a 45 minute drive. A bit longer from Chicago, but they possibly have cheaper flights.

Remove ads