Gary Gygax Funeral Arrangements - Open to Public

Twowolves

Explorer
Bacris said:
"Tarlonniel, Twowolves, K_S_Snyder,"

You're there. :)

Huh. Search for "Twowolves", "Two" and "Wolves" turned up such as "Dinkle Dog", but not me. My bad! Please PC delete my idiocy in a public forum. :eek:

paradox42

First Post
Twowolves said:
Huh. Search for "Twowolves", "Two" and "Wolves" turned up such as "Dinkle Dog", but not me. My bad! Please PC delete my idiocy in a public forum. :eek:
It's actually not your idiocy, it's Acrobat Reader's. It doesn't highlight properly after some searches, even when it finds the search string. My screen name (paradox42) is on there, but whenever I search for it the program highlights "Aeris" or "Winterood."

And I'm very glad for the poster, because even though I only live a couple of hours away (in Aurora, IL) I won't be able to make it. My game's time is 2 PM on Saturday, and that directly conflicts with being able to make a trip to Lake Geneva. :( I'll have to take a day this summer during one of my vacation weeks to go up and visit instead, I suppose.

Tewligan

First Post
paradox42 said:
My game's time is 2 PM on Saturday, and that directly conflicts with being able to make a trip to Lake Geneva. :(
Dude, it's the funeral of the guy who's responsible for the EXISTENCE of your game! Cancel the damn thing and get your ass up there!

paradox42

First Post
Tewligan said:
Dude, it's the funeral of the guy who's responsible for the EXISTENCE of your game! Cancel the damn thing and get your ass up there!
It's also my 35th birthday, and last Saturday I had told the players the game was cancelled so I could do some celebrating. On Tuesday I sent around an email un-cancelling it, and stating why.

This is a tribute game, not something that would be happening if not for Gary's death. And since we game online, rather than in person, there's only one member of my player group (not counting me) who actually lives close enough to potentially make the trip himself. Therefore, this is the best tribute we can make, and come Hells or high waters, we're going to make it.

Simrion

First Post
Someone up thread mentioned taking a picture of the ENWorld poster. Not to sound morbid (and my intent is not that anyone photograph the casket or anything) however pictures of the (hopefully massive) throng of well wishers attending this sad event would be truly appreciated by myself and (I assume) all the others that are unable to attend this solemn occasion. It would do my heart good to see (as Ernie & Luke hope) a "Mecca like" turn out of gaming "pilgrims" to send Gary off in the style he truly deserves. I'll be raising a toast in his honor about the time of the Funeral and to reiterate as others have posted: It IS a funeral so dress and act appropriately (though I suspect Gary would get some chuckles out of Trek like goofballs showing up as Rangers, Paladins and MUs...Oh My!)

The Levitator

First Post
I just broke from the memorial to get some lunch before the actual service, and the family was actually touched that people wanted to take pictures of the Enworld memorial poster as well as the 2 memorial displays.

They are deeply appreciative of the many gaming friends in attendance and have been very gracious hosts, taking the tiime to speak with every person there. I will be attending GaryCon after the funeral and plan to get some footage and comments from other Enworlders there.

Simrion

First Post
The Levitator said:
I just broke from the memorial to get some lunch before the actual service, and the family was actually touched that people wanted to take pictures of the Enworld memorial poster as well as the 2 memorial displays.

They are deeply appreciative of the many gaming friends in attendance and have been very gracious hosts, taking the tiime to speak with every person there. I will be attending GaryCon after the funeral and plan to get some footage and comments from other Enworlders there.

A BIG THANK YOU! That was the kind of stuff I was hoping for. A true Tribute to the Man that has brought countless Gamers joy and happiness!

Remove ads