Gary Gygax Funeral Arrangements - Open to Public

Enforcer

Explorer
Yeah, Lake Geneva isn't a bad drive from Chicago. We did it in about 1.5 hrs. a while back.

If you're interested in fine dining (with commensurate prices) while there, I recommend Gilbert's.

Tewligan

First Post
GammaPaladin said:
Just please, nobody show up in costume.

(Probably pointless to say, because the types who would probably don't read here. But I just have this horrible vision of seeing people with bad elf ears on the news...
I was going to say the same thing, GP! This can't be emphasized enough, people. Don't wear elf ears, don't wear your favorite dragon t-shirt, for the love of God, DON'T rub your dice on the coffing KotD-style. Act like you're at a funeral.

ookook

First Post
Memorium after services

In the evening, there will be an informal gathering to remember Gary with games, food, and beverage. This will be at the American Legion Hall, 735 Henry Street, Lake Geneva, WI 53147

His children (at least Ernie and Luke) want everyone who wants to come to feel welcome. As Ernie said "I hope it is like Mecca".

Hope to see folks there I haven't seen in many, many, moons.

Treebore

First Post
I so hate living pay check to pay check. I couldn't make GenCon, couldn't make the LGGC, can't make his funeral. Combine that with not being able to go to my Grandmothers or Grandfathers funeral and I think I now have enough personal motivation to work towards being debt free.

Whoever makes it, shed some extra tears for my wife and I, please.

I'm sadly with treebore and even though we cant attend I don't think im out of places by saying where be there in spirit.And for those attending keep are thoughts with you as well.

Michael Morris

First Post
Hunter In Darkness said:
I'm sadly with treebore and even though we cant attend I don't think im out of places by saying where be there in spirit.And for those attending keep are thoughts with you as well.
Well, as both of you have more than 10 posts your screen names will be somewhere on that poster.

The Levitator

First Post
I suddenly feel very lucky to still be living in Wisconsin, only about 40 minutes from Lake Geneva. It's kinda strange really, because we are relocating to Reno, NV. I was supposed to already be out there (my wife has already started her new job out there 6 weeks ago), but we had to take care of some things before listing our house. What's really fortunate for me is that I am flying out to Reno on the following Tuesday to take our daughter out there to be with Jen, now that we have daycare set up for her.

Too many things are lining up for me to miss this opportunity. I am making my plans now.

Corbert

Explorer
GammaPaladin said:
Just please, nobody show up in costume.

(Probably pointless to say, because the types who would probably don't read here. But I just have this horrible vision of seeing people with bad elf ears on the news...

Or worse, follow the example of the Knights of the Dinner Table comic and rub dice on Gary’s head at his funeral like the characters did in in issue #55. Very little could be more crass, disrespectful and dishonorable.

Remove ads