Gauging Interest in a Dwimmermount adventure.

Shayuri

First Post
Cleric would be better.

Wizards only get 1 spell per day at these levels, and are pretty close to useless for anything else.

Clerics don't get much in the way of spells either, but they can at least fight decently after their heal is spent. :)

Jimmy Disco T

First Post
Jimi the Cleric incoming!

http://invisiblecastle.com/stats/view/36056/

x45.jpg

Jimi Tevantir, Cleric of Tyche

STR: 13 +1 attack, damage, break door
DEX: 9
CON: 12
INT: 9 Partial literacy
WIS: 14 +1 saves vs magical effects, +5% experience
CHA: 10 Retainers 4, max morale 7

Alignment Lawful
Hit Points 6 (max HP at Level 1)
AC 3 (banded mail + shield)

Weapons
Flail/staff attack +1, damage 1d6+1
Sling attack +0, damage 1d4

AC -1 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
To Hit 20 19 18 17 16 15 14 13 12 11 10 9

Saving Throw
Breath 16
Poison/Death 11
Petrify/Paralyse 14
Wands 12
Spells 15

Spells Memorised
1x Cure Light Wounds

Equipment
8gp
Banded mail AC 4
Shield +1 AC
Flail 1d6 dam
Staff 1d6 dam, 2-handed
Sling 1d4 dam
Helmet
backpack, bedroll
silver holy symbol
4 rations, trail
lantern
6 lamp oil
waterskin

The unwanted and unloved third son of a minor Noble family, the Tevantirs, Jimi was swiftly inducted into the ranks of the Tyche priesthood from a very young age - Tyche being something of a patron deity for his family.

Over the years Jimi had less and less contact with his family. The periodic sums of money sent to him by his parents grew smaller and more infrequent. Ironically, for a Cleric of fortune and destiny, it seemed that Jimi had received neither.

One muggy summer night, after sleeping off too many ales in a local tavern, Jimi was troubled by vivid dreams. He awoke with a start to find a robber standing over him, knife poised to slit his throat.

His sudden awakening startled the thief, who stumbled backwards and with a shriek fell out of the open tavern window, landing awkwardly on the cobbled street outside before fleeing. The intruder's coin purse had caught on a wayward nail on the window frame as he fell, and Jimi found a handful of coins and gems within.

Perhaps he did have Tyche's blessing after all...

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Remember Shayuri and Jimmy Disco T, if we're talking about true OE rules, clerics aren't able to cast spells at all until 2nd level.

Imperialus

Explorer
Remember Shayuri and Jimmy Disco T, if we're talking about true OE rules, clerics aren't able to cast spells at all until 2nd level.

Dwimmermount is in a bit of an odd place. It uses the LL rules which are based on B/X not the whitebox, but James started it using the whitebox so his convention was to use the rules that have clerics unable to cast spells until second level. Personally I'm cool with letting clerics cast at first level. Level 1 PC's are squishy enough without having to worry about having zero access to healing magic.

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Alright folks, here's what I have so far:

Midgrim Goldhammer

Generous girth, crescent beard & braided hair, belly chuckle, Shield and Axe!

Background: Famous adventuring great grandfather (Iren XXX). Taught him runes and history. He would rather enjoy life to the fullest right NOW. Lost both father and grandfather to the latest kobold-clensing war. Great grandfather went on expedition some years ago (to the Dwimmermount?). Backs up his (clan) brother since then.

[sblock=Stats]Level 1 dwarf
XP 0/2187 (+5%)
Alignment: Lawful
Languages: Common, Dwarvish, Lawful, goblin, gnome and kobold.

Str 13 +1 (+5% XP)
Dex 11
Con 16 +2
Int 9 (Read and Write)
Wis 7 -1
Cha 11

AC 3 (Splint armor and shield)
HP 10
Saving Throws (Brth 13, poi/Deth 8, Pet/Par 11, Wands 10, Spells 13)

THAC0 18 (19 missiles)

Abilities
Infravision 60'
1-2(1d6) detect traps, false walls, hidden construction or slope
Can use all armor
Can wield all weapons except 2-handers or longbows

Equipment 100 gp total (3d8=10)
Code:
Splint mail (75)
Axe (1) 1d6
Shield (10)
Dagger (3) 1d4
10' pole with a hook at one end (2 sp)
Leather Back Pack (2)
   Large Sack (2sp)
   Hemp rope (1)
   10 Iron Spikes (8sp)
   Flint and Steel (1)
   One large candle (equivalent of 10 regular ones, 1sp)
   1 week Standard Rations (1.4) 
   4 pints of dark beer in a wineskin (2)
   Bedroll (1 sp)
   Chalk (1 sp)
   Short-handled spade (2)
      With re-enforced shaft so can be used as Crowbar (2)
Flat purse with a total of 1 solitary sp in it.
[/sblock][sblock=Notes]- Waiting for Piston Honda's PC to settle on a name (so they match :)).

- Decided to scale back a bit on the Father/Cemetary thing, at least to start? I'm thinking if we want to push it forward, you could plant a few things of his (great) grandfather's for them to find in the donjon, Imperialus? (Tools, old trail marks, fragments of diary).[/sblock]

Last edited:

Piston Honda

First Post
Gargrim Goldhammer

Deep red hair and a matching beard that has been done into three braids, bushy eyebrows, very thick; while it’s obvious that he’s not one to do a lot of thinking, he definitely comes across as one you want to have by your side when the going gets tough.

Background: It’s said adventuring is in the blood of the ancestors of Gargrim Goldhammer, partly because they simply can’t be trusted to do anything else. Notoriously thickheaded to say the least, his lineage includes very little literacy but much in reputation for battle and honor (in addition to song and drink). While he can recite songs to much of his ancestry, the time has come for him to earn his own glory to match that of even his greatest of ancestors. Having heard whispers that something has happened within Dwimmermount, Gargrim sees this as his great opportunity.

[sblock=Stats]
Level 1 Dwarf
XP 0/2187 (+5%)
Languages: Common, Dwarvish, Lawful, Goblin, Gnome and Kobold

Str – 15 +1 (5% XP)
Dex – 13 +1
Con – 15 +1
Int – 5 -2 (Unable to read or write)
Wis – 11
Cha – 13 +1

AC 3 (Shield + Splint Mail)
HP 6 (HP (1d8+1=6))
THACO - 19

Abilities
Infravision 60'
1-2(1d6) detect traps, false walls, hidden construction or slope
Can use all armor
Can wield all weapons except 2-handers or longbows

Equipment
Starting Gold – 110 gp (Gold (3d8=11))

Mace 1d6 (5)
Splint Mail - AC 4 – (75)
Shield (10)
Miner’ Pick (3)
Backpack (2)
[sblock=Contents of Backpack]
Bedroll (1 silver)
8 Torches (3 silver)
2 Rations – Preserved (1)
5 Rations – Unpreserved (1)
Waterskin filled with Rum (2)
Hemp Rope (1)
Flint and Steel (2)
Grappling Hook (1)
Large Sack (2 Silver)
Seven loose gold coins
Four loose silver coins
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock=GM Question]
Would the GM be opposed to me reskinning the Mace as more of a one-hand heavy hammer? Only choices are light hammers and two handed war hammers. And Goldhammers can't be walking around with no dainty light hammers.
[/sblock]

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Alrighty, so my guy will be Midgrim Goldhammer, (better?) half of the Goldhammer brothers. :) EDIT = I'm sort of assuming that dwarven surnames are *clan* names here, Imperialus, and not family-line names? If they are, I'll change this.

Changed his gear around a bit, basically getting rid of the duplicate grappling hook and getting a short-handled spade to go with Gargrim's pickaxe instead.

I also swapped his Int and Wis, since with his background he really *should* be able to read and write. And I guess the lowered Wis well represents his easily tempted/greedy nature as well, so it's all good. :)

Last edited:

Leif

Adventurer
Questions

How are we determining starting gold?
What's the going price for a good, stout, suitably gnarled oaken club?
What's the coinage system in use with these rules, is it all decimal, 10cp=1sp, 10sp=1gp, or is it something else?

I assume that all of this is probably answered in the LL rules, but, hey, I'm lazy tonight.

One more thing -- Are hp max at first level, or do we roll them?

Remove ads