[Gauging Interest] WEG Star Wars

d2OKC

Explorer
That is exactly correct. You're better than he is, he's just getting lucky. I was pretty surprised when that roll showed up.

d2OKC

Explorer
Yeah, that's kind of what I figured. I'm not too worried about it at the moment (I understand real life things come first), but I like Nam Jo, so I'm excited to see him in play, you know?

Still, you're right, Thanee. :)

d2OKC

Explorer
Just as it is winding down! ;)

I'm going up to meet my gf's parents this weekend in Illinois. I'll have internet access, so I'll be able to post, but it will probably be just before I go to bed each night - just to give you guys a heads up about my schedule for the weekend.

Good opening scene, though! I know a bar fight is pretty cliche, but I figured it was a pretty good way to get everyone in character quickly, and fighting's fun, right?

Have a great weekend, all.

Insight

Adventurer
Hi all,

I've added game stats to the page for the Nautolan Star.

I'm assuming the ship is stock at this point; I'd like to see about upgrading it when we have a chance. I need to find the rules on how that is done.

EDIT: I found something in the Rules Companion, pp. 29 - 32.
[sblock=Improving Equipment]
Rules Companion said:
Character Equipment
Customizing and improving personal equipment takes time, credits, know-how, and skill points. The time per pip and credit cost per skill point spent on improving equipment is tied to the scale of the piece of equipment bring modified, as summarized below. These costs include parts and labor, and may be higher if specialized labor or intricate parts are rare.
The cost in skill points of increasing a die code for a piece of equipment is determined in the same way as for characters' skills. For example, increasing a blaster pistol's damage code from 4D to 4D+1 costs 4 skill points. Improving skills which have 0D codes costs 1 skill point per pip.
Skill points must be expended per die code improved. If a ship mounts multiple weapons, each damage and fire control die code must be improved separately.

Scale | Time per Pip | Credits per Skill Pt
Character / Creature | 1 day | 10
Speeder | 3 days | 100
Walker | 3 days | 500
Starfighter | 1 week | 500

There are examples of different types of things that can be modified; we can explore these later.[/sblock]

[sblock=My Analysis]In terms of "cost" in skill points, I do not think this means that the character actually uses his own skill points to improve something; I think they are using this as a conversion method to determine the cost in credits to do the improvement.

So, if we wanted to improve the Nautolan Star's Hyperdrive Multiplier from x2 to x1...

Rules Companion said:
Hyperdrives
A character improving a ship can alter its hyperdrive multiplier. Changing a multiplier from "x4" to "x3" costs 10 skill points; "x2" to "x1" costs 20 skill points; "x1" to "x1/2" costs 40 skill points.

So, in our case, it would take 1 week to make the improvement and cost (20 x 500) 10,000cr.[/sblock]

Last edited:

d2OKC

Explorer
That looks good to me. That's definitely something we'll look into in the future.

And, everyone can feel free to edit the portal site as well.

Remove ads