• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gelatinous cube tpk

Nail

First Post
Frank, that's a Huge G^3 you got there, not a size Large one. (Unless told otherwise, I think we can assume a hallway height of 10 feet.)

And no, the "mass" doesn't have to go somewhere. A squeezed size Large creature takes up two 5-foot squares, not 4.

Besides, all of this completely ignores the fact that the Ooze is only moving 5 feet per round.

5 feet!

Last edited:

Nail

First Post
I get your point, SlagMortar. :) I don't agree, but I do agree reasonable people may differ here.
SlagMortar said:
However, there may be some rules (which I can't look up right now) on how many creatures can be in a grapple at the same time.

Here's the quote:
SRD-Grappling said:
Multiple Grapplers
Several combatants can be in a single grapple. Up to four combatants can grapple a single opponent in a given round. Creatures that are one or more size categories smaller than you count for half, creatures that are one size category larger than you count double, and creatures two or more size categories larger count quadruple.
Looks like 8 medium creatures could grapple the Large G^3.

Neverwill

First Post
SlagMortar said:
However, there may be some rules (which I can't look up right now) on how many creatures can be in a grapple at the same time. In that case, I think the number of creatures in a grapple is the determing factor, not how many squares the G^3 is occupying.

SRD said:
Several combatants can be in a single grapple. Up to four combatants can grapple a single opponent in a given round. Creatures that are one or more size categories smaller than you count for half, creatures that are one size category larger than you count double, and creatures two or more size categories larger count quadruple.

When you are grappling with multiple opponents, you choose one opponent to make an opposed check against. The exception is an attempt to escape from the grapple; to successfully escape, your grapple check must beat the check results of each opponent.

If "you" are the G^3, you could grapple 8 M-sized creatures.

*edit* Doh! Nail beat me to it!

Notmousse

First Post
Actually, the 5 foot movement was one of the things I pointed out in that it seemed to suffer no ill effects from squeezing.

I do not like the cube's abbreviation. Makes me think of those Apple commercials.

Nail

First Post
Notmousse said:
... it seemed to suffer no ill effects from squeezing.
I have to admit: Allowing an ooze to squeeze without penalty is a pretty reasonable idea.

I can't help but thing of all of the B-grade early 60's movies about oozes......

Notmousse

First Post
For most oozes I'd agree. In fact RAW states that they may squeeze through any crack of at least one inch.

But a cube? I mean come on! It's a fuggin' cube! If you allow it to squeeze at all it really should become twice as long, or somehow twice as dense (making it like one of those jigglers as opposed to normal jell-o I guess).

werk

First Post
Notmousse said:
(making it like one of those jigglers as opposed to normal jell-o I guess).

Jigglers?

Jigglebilly3.gif

Last edited:

Remove ads