• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gen Con Reports?

sniffles

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
True words of wisdom! I believe there was only one game out of my eight ENWorld pickup games that had all the players, and that was Old One's Blood Altar. Piratecat's M&M we have FickleGM step in to help us out, reveal and then Piratecat played Lizzie in Rel's Sky Galleons and we didn't even have a Carlotta (And this is the Rel's Sky Galleons we're talking about!), frater joined us for Crothian's Paranoia, my Iron Heroes was missing half the spots, Piratecat's Gilligan's Island CoC we had Ladytoll pick up Mrs. Howell, Alenda's Halfling Musketeers we left out the final female musketeer from the gorup, and Belen's Midnight we NPCed Gregor the Rogue.
I will have to try to figure out a way to budget for Gen Con next year. Which will be hard since I'm pretty sure we're not getting bonuses next year.... Maybe if I cut down on buying minis... ;)

Rel

Liquid Awesome
TracerBullet42 said:
Well, I may not be one of the "cool kids" from Gen Con, but here's my ridiculously long write up:

Dude! Considering your hilarious write up and sensibilities about Tolkien Nazis, you are officially invited to be one of the "cool kids" forthwith!

Snifferdoo

First Post
I just wanted to thank everyone that made the Ennies possible. It was a real first class affair. I got to share a table with the gentlemen (and lady) from Black Industries and they were very cool. I went to my first Ennies two years ago and it inspired me to look for freelance work in the Industry and two year later I won the gold. It was an incredible experience and I look forward to future award ceremonies!

Rel said:
Dude! Considering your hilarious write up and sensibilities about Tolkien Nazis, you are officially invited to be one of the "cool kids" forthwith!
I don't know--putting that copy of Synnibarr on my bed was evil. Not cool at all!

;)

Kent, providing TracerBullet42's karmic revenge since 2006

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
sniffles said:
Sigh. I wish I could go to Gen Con. :(

After reading all these stories, I've come to two conclusions:
1. You can only get into a game run by Piratecat if you know the secret ENworld handshake.

:lol:

Actually it is very easy to get in a game run by PC, if you are willing to travel to New England. We have 3 or 4 "Boston" gamedays a year, plus he does a few "smaller cons" a year, to playtest his "new material". (And yet Rystil Arden traveled all the way to Indiana to game with PC for the first time, even thought the live less than 15 miles from each other.)

Last edited:

sniffles

First Post
Barendd Nobeard said:
I don't know--putting that copy of Synnibarr on my bed was evil. Not cool at all!

;)

Kent, providing TracerBullet42's karmic revenge since 2006
(waves at Barendd Nobeard)
Hee hee! I was wondering if you were the Kent he was referring to. Maybe this year if you come to the Lovecraft film fest again we could actually meet. :)

(now goes back to figuring out how to restructure the budget for 2007 so she can go to Gen Con)

Rystil Arden

First Post
MavrickWeirdo said:
Actually it is very easy to get in a game run by PC, if you are willing to travel to New England. We have 3 or 4 "Boston" gamedays a year, plus he does a few "smaller cons" a year, to playtest his "new material". (And yet Rystil Arden traveled all the way to Indiana to game with PC for the first time, even thought the live less than 15 miles from each other.)
Yup. I'd imagine a thirty to forty-five minute trip by T, red line to green line, with much of the time spent getting to the Kendall T station. Honestly, I really would have liked to make a Boston Gameday, but every time you guys pick a day, I always look at my calendar and discover that I'm already traveling to Maryland that weekend. Literally every time (and the flipside is that I'm never traveling to Maryland during any Maryland cons). Guess I'm jinxed, eh? :lol:

Klaus

First Post
This is long overdue...

GenCon was a blast! My main reason for going was work, and I got a really good reception, which hopefully will blossom into a smoother year. DM/TB is correct in saying that if I make it to GenCon '07, it's because things are going extremely well (and I appreciate the sentiment, Jeff).

The Fiery Dragon family (short of our Big Daddy until Saturday, God bless his 24-hour-Gen-Con-blitzing soul) are an amazing bunch, and I'm lucky to call 'em friends. You can tell 'em I said so!

Instead of going on a day-by-day report, I'll just post some random thoughts, moments, lines and Next Con Resolutions:

- Never trust summer in the US. Pack thicker t-shirts.

- Drawing a naked ghaele eladrin covered only by floating straps of leather (you know who you are, *mister*!)

- "Why don't I draw Cthulhu... *as* a librarian?" (spoken to Cthulhu's Librarian)

- The Gamers: Dorkness Rising. "You're evil, and a whore!"

- Ed Greenwood picking up a copy of Pleasure Prison of the B'thuvian Demnon Whore and going "Must. Buy."

- "Holy Ships!"

- The Cult's "Painted On My Heart". Cheers, fett! Now imagine if they playing a song I actually liked!

- Next Con Resolution #1: Have a predefined schedule of staying at the booth to draw stuff.

- Next Con Resolution #2: Learn the friggin' convertion of liquid oz. to mililiters. Huge mug =/= bottle, dumbass!

- Getting to the booth on Sunday and hearing "Buttercup was here looking for you", then running off to find her.

- I'm drawing a portrait of DM/TB. And the conversation goes like so:
DM/TB: "Could I have that in ink?"
Me: "Sure, as the customer wishes!"
Joe Browning: "He wants that in *color*!"
Me: "Where the HELL am I gonna find color in him????"

A shout out to all CMers/ENWorlders, you're a fine assembly of the best!

Remove ads