• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gen Con Reports?

sniffles said:
(waves at Barendd Nobeard)
Hee hee! I was wondering if you were the Kent he was referring to. Maybe this year if you come to the Lovecraft film fest again we could actually meet. :)

(now goes back to figuring out how to restructure the budget for 2007 so she can go to Gen Con)

Synnibarr + Kent = me (nearly 100% of the time! :eek: )

Don't know if I'll make it out for HPLFF, but I might be out there for the holidays. I will email you if I approach the Beaver State.

Maybe you could fly into Chicago (much cheaper than Indy) and hitch a ride with some beardless dwarf from Milwaukee. Just a thought.... :)

Mark CMG

Creative Mountain Games
TracerBullet42 said:
Thanks...but I refuse to learn any secret handshakes.

So, you were prevaricating when I caught you grabbing Floyd's ass at the last gameday and you claimed it was part of a masonic greeting?

:eek:

Rel

Liquid Awesome
Monte At Home said:
And now both have been added to my vocabulary. Hilarious! (Although sorry about the game.)

Glad you stopped by, Monte. I hope you had a great GenCon this year. I got a chance to briefly say "Hi" to Sue again after the ENnies and I simply must comment again on what a delightfully vivacious and engaging woman she is. Of all the thousands of people who have pretended to be interested in what I had to say, she's one of the ones I believed most. ;)

Plus she is totally hawt!

buzz

Adventurer
Psion said:
Yes. Yes you do.

There was an empty spot in my spycraft game. And Alex Flagg and Scott Gearin were playing in it. You coulda been there!
Dag!

I believe Scott ran the Farthest Star event I was in, though, so I got a little bit of SC celeb time.

buzz

Adventurer
TracerBullet42 said:
It was at this moment that the car suddenly stopped and Kent began spouting, "I forgot my badge! Oh my gosh, I can't believe I forgot my freakin' badge!"
I'm guessing Kent didn't really say "freakin," did he?

Teflon Billy

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Nipple.

Note for the uninitiated: the first year I met Jeff, we had just had an argument on the boards about me over-reacting by shutting down a conversation about moderator-nipples. I think we glared politely at one another and didn't particularly speak, which is pretty friggin' funny now since I love spending time with him AND I'm a huge fan of moderator-nipples. He's one of the first people I hope to get in my games; he's a superb player who makes other people play better, just by his being there. I still have crystalline memories of the beginning of my Spycraft game a few years back, when TB demonstrated how to leap onto the hood of a car going 75 mph down a twisty mountain road, just to shoot people through the windshield. You could see the other players thinking "We can DO that? Cool!"

See, this is an example of why I both love and hate the internet.

I've found that most of the folks I've clashed with online are the people I really hit it off with in person. Piratecat and Diaglo are only the most egregious examples.

And honestly, if I give it any thought at all, it makes perfect ense. I don't like milquetoast people as a rule, so when I clash with someone on these boards, I am almost certainly clashing with someone who is (A) Strong willed and (B) passionate about gaming.

So I get to meet people I really dig, but we both have to go through a crucible of sorts:)

Luckily, the folks who I actually hit it off with online seem equally cool.

I think EN world is just a strangely highly cool sampling of the general populace. I've only met one person here I actively disliked. Thats about a thousand times better than my experience in the real world :)

Remove ads