• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GENCON - AU Already Sold Out ?

KB9JMQ

First Post
In another thread Erindanis stated Arcana Unearthed was sold out by 1 p.m. Thursday.

Monte, I guess you underestimated how popular that book was going to be. :D

Well that really changes by shopping list when I get there today.
Guess I will have to get AU from Derek.

Dagnabit, I wanted to get Monte to sign mine for me also. :(

Tear44

First Post
Monte dropped and e-mail on these and other boards about a week and a half ago. He said that due to certain events, there were fewer copies of AU going to Gencon than expected.

It sucks for most people who went expecting to buy it, but at least he tried to warn people.

KB9JMQ

First Post
Actually he said not to wait until Sunday to get it.
Not that it might be gone in the first few hours the dealers room was open. :p

Yeah that was why I was going there first today when I got there about 2 ish. I am not mad actually I am very happy that it is that popular.

I am sure Monte is feeling bad enough that he wasnt going to have enough for the whole weekend but he has to be estatic that everyone wanted one who is there already.

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
He's getting more books shipped in today, so it will be back in stock at his booth... of course, he'll probably run out again, but it's the thought that counts. :D

JoeGKushner

First Post
This is what bothers me with the limited edition miniature. I mean, even if you want to buy AU to get the mini and AU sells out, can you buy the mini seperate now?

KB9JMQ

First Post
More books today !!!
Doin the Happy Dance :D :D :D
Hope I don't get any speeding tickets. Goin to that booth first when I get there.

Thanks for the info PC.

Darrin

Thrommel

First Post
AU did sell out yesterday, but another drop-shipment of books is coming in today to try to keep up with demand.

You can check out details and see some photos at diamondthrone.com

So you have a decent chance at getting your hands on the book. (And as someone who's been playing AU with a 3-ring binder for the past six months, I can tell you it's one gorgeous book. Far better than any of the warped hardcovers WotC has been releasing lately.)

To address your question, Joe, the answer is -- if you don't have a green coupon to get a Malhavoc mini, then chances are you won't be able to get one. This is a limited-edition run while supplies last at Gen Con only.

Iron Wind is planning to release more magister figures, but the Malhavoc one is truly a limited edition.

Gotta get back to the Exhibit Hall and indulge the inner consumer!

-Thrommel

JoeGKushner

First Post
Thrommel said:

To address your question, Joe, the answer is -- if you don't have a green coupon to get a Malhavoc mini, then chances are you won't be able to get one. This is a limited-edition run while supplies last at Gen Con only.

Iron Wind is planning to release more magister figures, but the Malhavoc one is truly a limited edition.

-Thrommel

Thrommel, thanks for the quick update.

What do you mean green coupon?

My issue isn't that it's a limited edition figure. Games Workshop and other places do that all the time.

My issue is that it's a limited edition figure, that apparently is hard to qualify for due to the sell out of the book.

Is this green coupon a pre-order type thing where you pay for the book and get the figure then and the book when it comes back?

TalonComics

First Post
I just talked to my distributor regarding AU's shelf numbers and they're predicting to be sold out on Monday! He also told me that it was looking like a lot of retailers are under-ordering bigtime on this book so it could very well be hard to find for the next few weeks after it's released.

Just warning you all now and no, I'm not just saying this to get you to order. ;)

~D

Remove ads