General Discussion '08

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
Hornedturtle, we'd love to have your help. If you want to take a whack at DMing, send out a proposal for an adventure. I'd recomend starting with something short. The reasons I recomend this:

1) It's easier, and there's no point in over complicating your first foray;
2) Everything in play by post takes a lot longer than you'd expect;
3) It's rewarding to actually conclude an adventure.

I think that LEW epecially has demonstrated that overly ambitious adventures can lead to spectacular failures, even with the most tried and true DMs. In my experience, a modest proposal is more fun, and can lead to a sequel if more is desired.

The instructions for submitting an adventure can be found in the stickied "guide" thread.

Manzanita

First Post
Is Mog still active? He hasn't posted in Catch me if you Can for some time. I think all the PCs except me have jumped ship. We should probably shut that one down, too. Raven would love to get in an a Nightbreese adventure.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Is Mog still active? He hasn't posted in Catch me if you Can for some time. I think all the PCs except me have jumped ship. We should probably shut that one down, too. Raven would love to get in an a Nightbreese adventure.
Odd that. I've ping him, but if I don't hear something soonish, I'll close Catch (I'm judge on it).

pathfinderq1

First Post
let me know what game it is and I'll see what I can do. Won't do much though; I'm already covering 3 LEB games and EtCR (my baby).

The adventure in question is "The Lighting of the Death" ( http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-eberron/221900-lighting-death.html )
- last useful post in the first week of May. I'm not hoping for anything other than it to be declared dead- we didn't make enough headway to earn any useful XP or rewards, I think. In the unlikely event that another adventure pops up (or one of those ongoing recruits again), I would like to have my character back.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Trying to Construct a character for LEB

I'm considering all my options class wise and I'm wondering if the Martial Rogue option from Unearthed Arcana is acceptable.

stonegod

I'm considering all my options class wise and I'm wondering if the Martial Rogue option from Unearthed Arcana is acceptable.
Don't appear as one of our options on the Approved Content thread, so no. You can propose it if you like and the various judges that are here could like at it. That being said, we are seriously low on judges right now, so that may take a bit to be approved.

ajanders

Explorer
Ummm.
Le blush.
That is my fault.

Somewhere in server configurations a beautiful 2-page map got et, along with an exciting mystery with romance, intrigue, and action.
Somebody suggested I was taking on too much: that person was exactly right.

I'll defer to the judges on how I should clean up my mess, but I can certainly calculate an xp award + time served this week if that seems fair.

Patlin

Explorer
I'll defer to the judges on how I should clean up my mess, but I can certainly calculate an xp award + time served this week if that seems fair.

Unless you want to finish it, giving an xp reward and closing it out is the way to go. (I'm assuming there isn't a DM who want to take it over.)

Patlin

Explorer
Mog or Stonegod, could either of you take a look at Heart of Artifice and close it out with an XP reward and a "go back to the shard" order? Last DM post was in August.

It might have been a bit burried, so I put in a post with some hopefully helpful information re: closing out the thread, which not-incidentally bumped the thread in question. :)

stonegod

State of LEB

I've gone through and closed up threads that were idle. I've asked ajanders and JRYoung to post closing threads for their games (time XP and such); I'll do so for Catch Me If You Can and both Heart of Artifice threads once someone in those threads gets me the info I need.

Now, to thrive LEB needs players, DMs, and judges. We have the former, however, we are really lacking in the other two.
- LEB needs DMs There is going to be a potential for a lot of characters entering the taverns soon, great opprotunity to run a short game. Propose something and mail it to the judges!
- LEB needs quicker character judging. Its just me again now that Mog has vanished. This will help everybody! Right now, I'm thinking folks can just post when they've updated their character in the new Character Review Thread and then everyone can have a looksee. Then, the final character judges will approve it. This will speed up the process for everyone.
- LEB needs more judges Its now down to 2 judges (myself and Patlin) and Patlin is busy (as am I). I'd feel comfortable with 1 to 3 more. As is, my judging can only consist of proposal voting and terminating dead adventures---I cannot take them over at the time.

As you can see, we are a crux time. LEB lives by its participation. As long as we have interested players, committed DMs, and volunteers to help out by judging, we'll keep at it.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads