General Discussion Thread II

rgordona

Explorer
I think air control should not be PL limited as it provokes an opposed roll (Str or Dex) not a save. (Similar to a grapple check.) However ...

I think the explosion extra would allow air control to trip many targets simultaneously. From UP it is probably a targeted explosion meaning it will be stopped by glass walls, doors etc but will effect characters with some kind of concealment.

hero4hire

Explorer
Now that I read Air Control fully I see it involves the Trip power as well as a Limited Move Object mechanic. So yeah then PL Limits apply. If it was simply Move Object then it would not be limited.

LogicsFate

First Post
Ah yes, you'll have to spell that out for me :\

So it means that it's limited to the level of my attack? Or is it Limited to the fact that ability scores cap at 50 for PL 15. As it needs an effective str for lifting and tripping.

Asmor

First Post
Hey guys.

I just wanted to give a heads-up on J-SIN. I feel really silly now, having pushed so much to get him looked at and then not following up on it... Just so happened that there was some bad timing and I thought I'd get more time soon but so far... It just hasn't happened. My classes are starting to get pretty difficult and requiring more of my time and attention, and then there's other real life stuff too.

So, for the time being, Living Supers is going to have to be on the back burners for me... I know, small loss considering I've only even played in one game, but...

Anyways, thanks for understanding. Good luck!

rgordona

Explorer
LogicsFate said:
Ah yes, you'll have to spell that out for me :\

So it means that it's limited to the level of my attack? Or is it Limited to the fact that ability scores cap at 50 for PL 15. As it needs an effective str for lifting and tripping.

If Trip is limited then Air Control is limited to the PL (10). It is perception so no trade offs are allowed.

Hand of Vecna

First Post
Asmor, best of luck with classes and other RL stuff!

And, yes, if Trip is limited by PL (and I certainly think it should be), then Air Control, which is Perception range Trip, would be limited by your PL (since Perception-range things can't be affected by trade-offs). So Speed Freak's Air Control 15 would need to be reduced to 10.

LogicsFate, are you indeed joking about the "Weakness (ritalin)" Drawback on Speed Freak's character sheet? Stat blocks aren't really the place for joking... though it could be a truly fitting drawback (something like -1 drain on Wisdom per day without it due to increasing pseudo-ADD/ADHD).

I'd also like to know if he's got an actual middle and last name.

Alphabetizing his skills would make things a tad easier to read. ;)

I'm not entirely sure the feet/round conversion is accurate.

So, a top-notch lawyer -- almost one of the best in the world, at least in terms of raw skill -- with superspeed. Several Complications already come to mind -- Enemies [people he's sent to jail], Fame, Responsibility, maybe Prejudice ["stinkin' shark!"] and Rivalry [rival lawyer]. Up to you if he has any of those, of course.

LogicsFate

First Post
Hand of Vecna said:
So Speed Freak's Air Control 15 would need to be reduced to 10.

LogicsFate, are you indeed joking about the "Weakness (ritalin)" Drawback on Speed Freak's character sheet? Stat blocks aren't really the place for joking... though it could be a truly fitting drawback (something like -1 drain on Wisdom per day without it due to increasing pseudo-ADD/ADHD).

I'd also like to know if he's got an actual middle and last name.

Alphabetizing his skills would make things a tad easier to read. ;)

I'm not entirely sure the feet/round conversion is accurate.

So, a top-notch lawyer -- almost one of the best in the world, at least in terms of raw skill -- with superspeed. Several Complications already come to mind -- Enemies [people he's sent to jail], Fame, Responsibility, maybe Prejudice ["stinkin' shark!"] and Rivalry [rival lawyer]. Up to you if he has any of those, of course.

I'll go change it now. :)

Yes, joking, As it mentions and I added no points for it. Though I like your suggestion. Bit harsh though, I'd be comatose/insane in a week if worse came to worse. Accually, I really like that suggestion, I'll think about it.

The Feet per round conversion is not accurate, I was pressed for time and in the book theres two ways to figure it out, exact and approximate, I just took the quicker of the two for the moment.

He has both a middle AND a last name, but I made the character so long ago that I'm still looking for the original sheet which more than likely has both.

Alphabatised the skills.

Ah, yes, complications, forgot about those. I'll put a few fitting ones down.

That was really helpfull, I'll make the last few changes and resubmit asap.

Edit= And got rid of all those irritating Size tags. When did become bigger than normal text?

Last edited:

Remove ads