General Discussion Thread IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verbatim

Explorer
I just wanted to make sure that after a long delay that it was okay for me to suddenly break Merlis out of the woodshed and bring him back. As he was only briefly introduced many moons ago I don't think the little gnomish mage is a game breaker, but wanted to ask all the same.

El Jefe

First Post
Same rules apply as always. Was Merlis ever approved? If not, he can start at the Red Dragon Inn and role play as much as desired. He can even go on an adventure (if any of the GMs will have him), but cannot earn XP until approved. If he was approved before, then he's good to go...no need for reapproval until he levels up.

As for the hiatus, well, it wouldn't be the first time someone took an extended nap at the Red Dragon, only to wake up just as a notice got posted on the bulletin board...

Verbatim

Explorer
He was approved, but by which judge I could not tell you, so I am hoping that there is something that comes along soon that could use a mage of beginning skills. Thanks for the quick reply El Jefe..:)

LogicsFate

First Post
Yup, his name is among the approved.

As for an adventure, there is one starting now. Have to ask LiquidBlue.

LiquidBlue how many people were you expecting for your adventure? We wouldn't want to overwhelm you.

LiquidBlue

First Post
LogicsFate said:
LiquidBlue how many people were you expecting for your adventure? We wouldn't want to overwhelm you.

I am looking for around four, but I may be willing to have five depending on the mix.

Verbatim

Explorer
LiquidBlue said:
I am looking for around four, but I may be willing to have five depending on the mix.

If you think there is enough room, I would love to get in the adventure. However, I don't want to upset any balance issues.

I will still respond in the bar thread just to get some interaction under Merlis' belt.

LiquidBlue

First Post
Verbatim said:
If you think there is enough room, I would love to get in the adventure. However, I don't want to upset any balance issues.

I will still respond in the bar thread just to get some interaction under Merlis' belt.

Well nothings been decided yet.

BTW, I looked over your character sheet. I didn't find Merlis' barred schools or the spells he has scribed in his spellbook.

Verbatim

Explorer
LiquidBlue said:
Well nothings been decided yet.

BTW, I looked over your character sheet. I didn't find Merlis' barred schools or the spells he has scribed in his spellbook.

To be honest, he was never played out that far, but I had Necromancy and Evocation as the banned schools.

Manzanita

First Post
Nice to have you back on the boards, Verbatim. I think you'll like LEW. You can come and go and still be able to use the same PC & advance levels. As you may have noticed, some of the PCs have advanced to 6th & 7th levels over the years. Not quite as fast as LoL, perhaps, but not bad. As Merlis (I want to call him Applebottom, but that was someone else, wasn't it?) doesn't have any XPs yet, you might want to check out our house rules section before you reactivate him. Perhaps there's some things in there you'd want to use or aim for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads