• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
So, 6-8 seems about normal? With gaining 2-3 levels in that time or so? And no one's completed more than two adventures?

Edit: Hm, some have gone much longer. 8 as an average, then.

Last edited:

Xael

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
So, 6-8 seems about normal? With gaining 2-3 levels in that time or so?
I'd agree that 6-8 seems like normal, but two levels in real-life year is about normal IMO, or about one level (or one and a half) level per adventure.

And no one's completed more than two adventures?
*Cough.* Not with one character though.

El Jefe

First Post
I think leveling is a little slower than that. My one character took a year to make 2nd level, and 2 months later is knocking on 3rd (65 xp to go!).

And, since one data point hardly constitutes a survey, consider that Living EnWorld has been going on for about 2 years now (started late summer/early fall of '03), and no character is past 5th level yet.

Xael

First Post
El Jefe said:
And, since one data point hardly constitutes a survey, consider that Living EnWorld has been going on for about 2 years now (started late summer/early fall of '03), and no character is past 5th level yet.
Actually, I think that Velmont's character Rinaldo just reached 6th level, and is about to become the first LEW character to take a Prestige Class level. :)

Jdvn1

Xael said:
I'd agree that 6-8 seems like normal, but two levels in real-life year is about normal IMO, or about one level (or one and a half) level per adventure.
And three levels in a real-life year seems doable but tough.
Xael said:
*Cough.* Not with one character though.
Well, right.

Jdvn1

Xael said:
Actually, I think that Velmont's character Rinaldo just reached 6th level, and is about to become the first LEW character to take a Prestige Class level. :)
Now that's prestigious.

Xael

First Post
Jdvn1 said:
And three levels in a real-life year seems doable but tough.
Something like that, but you'd need to be lucky enough to find yourself in fast-paced adventures.

We obviously need Patlin to run more adventurers, as he seems to have a nice pace. :D

Jdvn1

Xael said:
We obviously need Patlin to run more adventurers, as he seems to have a nice pace. :D
Not that that's a hint or anything... ;)

Patlin

Explorer
Xael said:

Thanks! I'm pondering a new one, but I'm not sure how soon I can get the proposal out. Sounds like most of the crew from Bandit Camp are interested in M3 (and so am I, but my characters are all otherwise engaged.) Perhaps I can get the proposal out in time to snag Iggy and Sarah, the only two higher level characters who have said for sure they won't be heading that way.

'Course, Rystil will probably beat me to the punch if I'm not quick!

El Jefe

First Post
Knight Otu said:
While we're at that, where the hell is GnomeWorks?
If I may quote from his sig, "Availability will be limited until early September. Expect spotty posting and infrequent updates."

And regarding Rinaldo, I think I got twisted around between leveling TO 5th and leveling FROM 5th. I think I'm still in shock from how fast Patlin wound that one up! :)

But 'grats to Rinaldo (and Velmont) where 'grats are due!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads