General Discussion Thread VIII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patlin

Explorer
Velmont said:
Patlin, sorry to tell you that, but you havn't done the fasted adventure. It is Uriel who has the award presently, as far as I know. Trek to the Vinyard have been less than two months (beat you by 2 days... from first post to xp award), and the thread is longer than yours. I think the first group was a motivated one who was posting a lot :)

Drat! Can I propose "The orc and the pie" for my next adventure? :D (Just kidding.)

orsal

LEW Judge
Here's an interesting observation about varying rates of levelling. The following LEW characters are level 4+:
Rinaldo, Thurgan, Troi (all created Aug '03)
Persephone, Ishmael, Sturm (all created Oct '03)
Charlarn, Irene, Nurlan, Tenebrynn (all created Mar '05)
I'm using the posting date in the character thread for creation date.

Of these, the first bunch were all active in Uriel's feral menace story arc (which spanned several adventures); they were later joined by Ishmael and Sturm. The last bunch have all been active in Manzanita's Monemvassian story arc (two adventures so far, providing up to now all the levelling for said characters); they were joined in M2 by Rinaldo. Except for Persephone, all LEW characters of 4th level or higher have been involved in one of two sequences of adventures, and the only one so far to reach 5th level was involved in both of them.

Just a little note to illustrate how much your levelling speed will depend on the luck of the draw.

Jdvn1

Hanging in there. Better than the alternative.
Hm, interesting stuff. Thanks guys! :D

And I'll play the orc and pie scenario. ;)

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Knight Otu said:
I've come to the realization that a sig is a bad place to store information meant for others and oneself. ;)
Actually if you say go to my profile and look at my signature there then you actually have a great spot to store information. :)

Steve Jung

Explorer
In LEW, Charlarn has been in 3 adventures and all 3 have been completed.

Adventures:
M1: Goblin Ears and the MTG by Manzanita with Irene, Tenebrynn, and Nurlan. 3/04 to 9/04. He went to 2nd level as a result.
M2: The Search for Goblin HQ by Manzanita with Irene, Tenebrynn, Nurlan, Tor, Somac, Rinaldo, and Ashnar. 9/04 to 6/05. Went to 4th level.
Attack on the Bandit Camp by Patlin with Tenebrynn, Rinaldo, Ashnar, Sara, Ignatious, and Dioran. 6/05 to 8/05.

In the Playing the Game forum, I've been in 1 game. But, you know the fate of that one, Jdvn1. :)

Velmont

First Post
orsal said:
You might also look at the LEW wiki, which is easier to browse but not authoritative, very incomplete, and occasionally inaccurate.

With this description of the wiki, we should call it the Hitch Hicker's Guide to LEW. :)

IcyCool

First Post
I think my post got lost in the shuffle. That, or I posted in the wrong thread. Could anyone help out on the matter?

IcyCool said:
I'm looking for any information available about the following two realms:

Medibaria
Hendrallia

Thanks.

nimisgod

LEW Judge
I haven't found any info on Hendrallia (except for Uriel's v. short blurb on it in the Rivenblight entry)but here's some info on Medibaria . Also, Manzanita's Chromatic Order is based on Medibaria.

Knight Otu

First Post
From the Wiki, for ease of reference:
Hendrallia:
A human dominated realm that sits on the eastern border of RivenBlight. The government feels the KingdomOfMedibaria to too old and weak. They would very much like to absorb thier neighbor to the south. The River Roars seperates the two nations and makes it almost impossible to move troops. The only good crossing is the bridge which joins the cities of Hartworth? in Hendrallia to Alerv? in the KingdomOfMedibaria. About two centuries ago the Hendrallians made an attempt to assimilate the diminished kingdom, but their attempt was thwarted by the excellent strategists and fanatic patriotism of the Medibarian army. So far the Elves who live in the lasts to the west have deflected Hendrallian incursion. There is one town called Jarfa where the Hendrallians have begun logging and making life difficult for the Elves of SilverWood. If a diplomatic solution can not be found the Hendrallians may soon find an Elvish army on thier doorstep.

The Human RealmOfHendrallia sits on the Eastern border of the city [Rivenblight], a hostile presence not strong enough to depose the Elves and plunder their city, yet too strong for the Elves to remove.
Many eyes look to this Ancient and Rich place, from Lands abroad and Lands Below...
However,Hendrallia sits upon the Eastern border of the City, a land thatfeels no love towards Rivenblight. Indeed, antipathy and even outright hatred for the Elves is kept in check only by the massed might of the Houses,Clans and Guilds theirein, should they ally against an external threat (which they have done before).Hendrallia feels that the Elven city is stiffling it's trade opportunities, as the elven nations were far less organized (thus, Hendrallia fared far better) before the city arose. This is a long-standing Grudge, as Rivenblight was founded some 500 years ago (then known as Beryl), but the hendrallians have a long memory.

Medibaria:
Medibaria is an entirely landlocked kingdom that relies on trade and reputation for subsistence. In times past, it was the land of the Medibarian dynasty, and though its kings are no longer of that family - and, indeed, in the modern world serve mostly as figureheads - they are still referred to reverently by its people as "The Great Kings." Tradition is the lifeblood of the people, and in even the humblest farmer a strong patriotism and pride in one's country can be found. Where at one point Medibaria stretched across a fair portion of the continent, today it has shrunken to little more than its capital, a single major city, and perhaps two dozen scattered towns. Though they maintain an army, Medibaria has few enemies (or at least few who consider it worth their time). The Kingdom of Medibaria depends on surplus from its vast agricultural system to import most of what it needs, especially metal, for there are few mines left in Medibaria that haven't been exhausted. The town of Brimbor? lies closest to the Dwarven nation under the Stonespike Mountains. It is through this town that most trade with the Dwarves passes. The city of Alerv? is opposite the River Roars from the city of Hartworth? and the hungry RealmOfHendrallia. Two centuries ago the two nations fought a great war. Hendrallia's invasion was entirely unsuccessful due to the excellent strategists and fanatic patriotism of the Medibarian army. A great bridge has since been built across the span of the River Roars, as trade is beneficial to both nations. Regardless, the Medibarians are wary of their neighbor to the north. The current ruler is Great King Ducard XII, though in truth it is his council of advisors that rule the land ably, if not as ambitiously as the lords of times past.

The Academy of the Chromatic OrderHistory: During the heyday of the Medibarian Empire, the Empirial counsel made an attempt to improve their magical power by starting an academy to train and organize their wizards. Wanting nothing but the best, they recruited the greatest wizards in the land to run the Academy. Without a doubt, these three were Mordrue, Sice, and Omega. Of the three, Sice was generally considered the most powerful, though Omega was the master of item creation, and Mordrue, a divinor, was the most knowledgeable. Each was amenable to the idea of starting an Empirial Academy, and the Chromatic Order had an auspicious beginning. Each of the three founders brought with them their apprentices, rich magical treasure and knowledge, and quickly the school attracted many talented students....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads