General Discussion Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Manzanita said:
Hogarth is 5th level, isn't he? So he's got more divine spells than anyone, except Planus, who's tied. I'm thinking I should take the leadership feat for Percy, too, and get her a cleric. It's a powerful feat, isn't it. I don't think I can justify getting her a cleric from an RP standpoint, though. What sort of a cleric would follow an airhead princess?

Iggy is going to take one of those chromatic order feats next time. So far, he's had to use all his feats in certain ways to quailify for loremaster.

Ridik is a 4th level cleric. Is that a surprise?
Yeah, it's a mighty useful feat, although the use of 25-PB is crippling in some cases (particularly when a PC wants to choose a particular NPC as a cohort, and the NPC is built on a better set of stats).

As to the feat--remember the prereq of the Academy Graduate feat for Mordrue's Lore. Hmm...a halfling barred from Necromancy? He's lucky he got out of there before Elayna Valsice's journal started killing racial minorities :lol:

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Yeah, it's a mighty useful feat, although the use of 25-PB is crippling in some cases (particularly when a PC wants to choose a particular NPC as a cohort, and the NPC is built on a better set of stats).
Yeah, that 25 PB is a big reason I didn't take leadership with Vanitri, though he would have had an RP reason to do so. He still might eventualy, and start up his own freefolk caravan.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
Yeah, that 25 PB is a big reason I didn't take leadership with Vanitri, though he would have had an RP reason to do so. He still might eventualy, and start up his own freefolk caravan.
Right--they're two levels lower, so you can't dump Con or they will die. They'll also probably die if you dump Dex unless the cohort is a Fighter or a Cleric (or a Paladin, but then you have other problems) so that they can wear heavy armour.

Steve Jung

Explorer
Patlin said:
Well, you all could start to wonder where your old buddy Charlarn went, but he might be hard to look up. He's between places at the moment. :)
He's merely trying to find himself. It's all rather Zen. Apparently gravity is a state of mind. Charlarn's a 5th level cleric now. :)

Manzanita

First Post
Perhaps one could justify having a cleric cohort for Percy. I actually was thinking I'd take that practiced spellcaster feat for her at 9th. Do you think that would be worth it as she's only down 1 level as a caster (from her Paragon 1 - she's a sorcerer4/paragon3). It still could make a big difference for fireball/magic missile damage and such.

I should look Charlarn up. He's now the 3rd 7th level PC.

orsal

LEW Judge
Erekose13 said:
Wow. Reminds me of when Charlarn, Ignatious, Tenebrynn, and Ashnar went after bandits :)

Not to mention when Charlarn, Tenebrynn, Irene and Nurlan went after goblins. Every one with BAB +0, and my bard was the party tank on account of his 14 Strength.

Velmont

First Post
Nope, he is still level 5.

Leadership feat said:
Cohorts earn XP as follows:

The cohort does not count as a party member when determining the party’s XP.

Divide the cohort’s level by the level of the PC with whom he or she is associated (the character with the Leadership feat who attracted the cohort).

Multiply this result by the total XP awarded to the PC and add that number of experience points to the cohort’s total.

If a cohort gains enough XP to bring it to a level one lower than the associated PC’s character level, the cohort does not gain the new level—its new XP total is 1 less than the amount needed attain the next level.

But Rinaldo have taken back his place as the highest level character. He is now level 8 and have an abusive Diplomacy roll of +20, and that, even naked.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
Nope, he is still level 5.

But Rinaldo have taken back his place as the highest level character. He is now level 8 and have an abusive Diplomacy roll of +20, and that, even naked.
:Yawn: My level 3 character has a +17 Diplomacy while naked. :p She had +16 at level 2.

By the way, I don't care what it says--Hogarth is the same level as some of the other party members, so I am taking away XP from the party as if they had a fifth member.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads