General Discussion Thread X

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlagMortar

First Post
*overly literal*
I would expect nakedness to carry some pretty substantial circumstance penalties or bonuses depending on the situation.

Velmont

First Post
Rystil Arden said:
:Yawn: My level 3 character has a +17 Diplomacy while naked. :p She had +16 at level 2.

By the way, I don't care what it says--Hogarth is the same level as some of the other party members, so I am taking away XP from the party as if they had a fifth member.

Honestly, he makes such a huge diffrence that I don't mind. The last creature was killed by Vanitri and Hogarth only, hogarth have given the most damage throught his SPiritual Hammer and Cure light wound I think, just too sad his turn attempt didn't worked. And I don't count all the healing he has brought to the team.

Rystil Arden

First Post
SlagMortar said:
*overly literal*
I would expect nakedness to carry some pretty substantial circumstance penalties or bonuses depending on the situation.
Technically, you get a -2 to influencing nobles while naked because you aren't wearing a Courtier's Outfit or better. This does nothing to explain how all those royal mistresses seem to get kings around their finger, though.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
Honestly, he makes such a huge diffrence that I don't mind. The last creature was killed by Vanitri and Hogarth only, hogarth have given the most damage throught his SPiritual Hammer and Cure light wound I think, just too sad his turn attempt didn't worked. And I don't count all the healing he has brought to the team.
It's not my fault that you didn't come with a magic weapon at level 7 :lol:

But this is definitely true--that is why I'm giving Hogarth an XP share. It wouldn't be fair otherwise.

Velmont

First Post
SlagMortar said:
*overly literal*

Rinaldo was in a dark cave when he was last seen naked, so it didn't matter much, except that all teh team were pretty nervous. Suddenly, the strongest player of the team was a the lowest level character: Eanos, a level 4 monk :p

But Rinaldo diplomacy allowed him to convince Hogarth to follow him instead of staying there to die. So having a good diplomacy naked is usefull. Hogarth just save the party ass, as Ashnar couldn't even hit with hsi wand of scorching ray :p

Rystil Arden

First Post
Velmont said:
Rinaldo was in a dark cave when he was last seen naked, so it didn't matter much, except that all teh team were pretty nervous. Suddenly, the strongest player of the team was a the lowest level character: Eanos, a level 4 monk :p

But Rinaldo diplomacy allowed him to convince Hogarth to follow him instead of staying there to die. So having a good diplomacy naked is usefull. Hogarth just save the party ass, as Ashnar couldn't even hit with hsi wand of scorching ray :p
Has Ashnar hit anything with that wand? Actually, I do think he clipped a marauder once, right? Having a -2 total to hit without Precise Shot is brutal.

SlagMortar

First Post
I had to look that one up.
Courtier's Outfit said:
This outfit includes fancy, tailored clothes in whatever fashion happens to be the current style in the courts of the nobles. Anyone trying to influence nobles or courtiers while wearing street dress will have a hard time of it (-2 penalty on Charisma-based skill checks to influence such individuals). If you wear this outfit without jewelry (costing an additional 50 gp), you look like an out-of-place commoner.
Looks like its only when wearing street clothes so naked would not give the penalty. Unless naked falls under street clothes. Hmm.

Rystil Arden

First Post
SlagMortar said:
I had to look that one up.

Looks like its only when wearing street clothes so naked would not give the penalty. Unless naked falls under street clothes. Hmm.
Hmmm...I could have saved a lot of money if I tried that at the last gala and attempted to rules-lawyer it that way ("But I'm not wearing street clothes. I'm not wearing anything--how can I be wearing street clothes?"), but I think street clothes probably includes birthday suits.

Knight Otu

First Post
Velmont said:
Yep, Hogarth definitely held himself together better than two unnamed wizards. :heh: :]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads