General Discussion

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Does anyone know the status of From Whence None Return? It seems to have stalled, but I'm not sure if this issue has already been addressed: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?353798-LPF-From-Whence-None-Return/page39

Usually Satin Knights is on the ball.
SK has had RL intrude for several months now. [MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION] has known this and should have stepped up to take over long before now. Same with [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] SK’s high-level game that has been sitting for over 2 months now.

But SK did offer some hope that he was going to have more time from mid-January. That was a month ago though.

jkason

First Post
SK has had RL intrude for several months now. [MENTION=93930]Systole[/MENTION] has known this and should have stepped up to take over long before now. Same with [MENTION=2710]jkason[/MENTION] SK’s high-level game that has been sitting for over 2 months now.

As you noted, SK made mention of wrapping things up himself, and since my own ability to manage the unseemly mob of upper level characters was limited, I wanted to give him the chance. His post on Jan 7 said product launch was two weeks away, and I assumed another week after that give or take for release pushback and / or mental recuperation.

I probably let it go a bit longer than I intended, but since I was in his other stalled game (the aforementioned "From Whence None Return"), and as PM himself noted in the original thread, it's not like there were other options, anyway, I guess I was overly optimistic. I apologize for any frustrations that may have caused.

It will probably be a week, at least, before I can get things sorted out to wrap up the narrative in Allbright's Shadow. I won't be finishing the combat. I made it clear when every other judge jumped into that adventure that I can't manage the same kind of mathematical / tactical gymnastics of both size and level that SK's capable of.

Systole

First Post

You know, you can back that truck right the :):):):) up, PM. First, I was waiting on SK, who said he'd be back, and who had been doing more with From Whence than with Allbright's, so I was willing to give him more slack. Second, if you'd had a problem with me not stepping up sooner, I'm pretty sure you know there's a personal message feature on this website and also how to use it, so you could have tried that rather than getting all pissy in the General Discussion thread.

So if you'd like to express concern that SK is no actively longer running From Whence and you think that the backup GM should step up, feel free to contact that person privately or mention something in the actual game thread. Thanks.

jbear

First Post
My only 2 characters are in both the aforementioned games. I was also fine with cutting SK slack. Until recently SK has been a sensationally reliable DM, and so I was happy to wait and hope. It's sad that RL has won the battle there by the looks.

With the high level game, is the general consensus after wrap up that those characters are now such high levels that it is better to retire them as no one is going to run a suitable high level game for them?

And with From Whence None Return, if we have arrived at the moment where we accept SK is now unlikely to return to DMing duties anytime soon, is that going to be another wrap up?

Basically, should I be thinking about retiring Relic, and creating a new character of an appropriate level for an upcoming adventure?

Maidhc O Casain

Na Bith Mo Riocht Tá!
I'd actually been thinking of retiring both Kalinn and Bren after Albright's Shadow anyway - from well before the game stalled. Bren was an experiment for me, and I like him well enough, but I struggle with him. With Kalinn it just feels like it's time for her to head back to the Seithrs and take over the running of the clan from her parents. So for me, this really had nothing to do with the game faltering - it's just the right time.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Basically, should I be thinking about retiring Relic, and creating a new character of an appropriate level for an upcoming adventure?
You can think about it if you want, but you might not need to retire him. GE is working on a game that Relic could possibly be in with characters levels 8-11.

I am likely going to retire Borric as well, a decision I was considering when he should have died in Albright's Shadow.

Remove ads