[LPF] From Whence None Return

jkason

First Post
As the mummy falls and the brown substance expands, Weel seems to recall himself. Or as much of himself as the touched oracle ever recalled.

"Ooh!" he says, pointing to the mold that has spread to the floor. "It's hungry for fire! Clever, clever Lem for finding out what it eats!"

"Feed a fever, starve a ... well, of course! Menik!" Weel calls over his shoulder to the elven mage. "Can you make things cold? If the fuzzy likes hot, I expect it hates cold!"

[sblock=ooc]Delaying for now to see if Menik has any cold spells, since Lem's made it clear fire has an expansive effect.

If we can deal with the chilling brown stuff, that's less to contend with before we get close enough to deal with the last sarcophagus.[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Weel Naxel

Initiative: +1
AC: 21 (23 w/ Magic Vestment) Current: 27
HP:85 Current: 64 (32 NL damage)
Senses: Perception 6, Sense Motive 2
CMB: +11 CMD: 22 Fort: +7
Reflex: +6
Will: +8
Spell Resistance: 14 vs. evil descriptor / evil outsiders

Conditions:
* Magic Vestment (8 hours)
* Iron Weapon (8 minutes)
* Lead Blades (8 minutes), damage bump to 3d6 on Greatsword
* Shield of Faith (9 minutes), +3 deflection to AC.
* Levitate (9 minutes, 900 lbs)
* Haste (+1 attack, +1 dodge to AC, +1 dodge to Reflex, +30 ft move, add 1 attack on full attack) 6/7 rounds

In Hand: Iron Weapon (Greatsword)

Common Attacks:

(Cold) Iron Weapon Options Attack: +12/+07 = [BAB (06/01) + STR (05) + Enhance (01)]
Damage (Greatsword): 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2, S
Damage (Halberd): 1d10+8, Crit: x3, P or S, brace, trip
Damage (Earthbreaker): 2d6+8, Crit: x3, B
Damage (Lucerne Hammer): 1d12+8, Crit: x2, B or P, brace, reach

Conditional: -2/+4 (+6 2H) Power Attack
Furious Focus negates 1st attack penalty for 2H
+1 attack if moving at least 10' during turn

Iron Weapon (9 minutes, +1 cold iron): 5/6 Remaining
Bracer auto take 10: 1/1 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic, Spark, Stabilize
1st (3/7 remaining)(DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Obscuring Mist, Lead Blades, Liberating Command, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Sun Metal
2nd (6/7 remaining)(DC 15): Align Weapon, Cure Moderate Wounds, Grace, Groundswell, Heat Metal, Levitate, Make Whole, Minor Image, Shatter, Silence
3rd (4/7 remaining)(DC 16): Cure Serious Wounds, Dispel Magic, Keen Edge, Locate Object, Magic Vestment, Stone Shape
4th (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of Fervor, Cure Critical Wounds, Freedom of Movement, Versatile Weapon
[/sblock]

kinem

Adventurer
Menik had watched the mold's growth spurt with great interest. He replies "You may be right Weel, but this is no time to experiment. Heal Taniwha if you can."

Since Vincenzo is already opening the last sarcophagus - an action Menik would have advised against since the party is not yet ready for it - Menik readies himself to once again cast magic missiles at an emerging mummy.

ooc: damage [roll0]

[sblock=ooc]Menik could use his one arcane bond spell to cast ray of frost or frost fall, but at this point there would be little benefit if I understand the map correctly. Also, in-character, using cold against the already cold mold seems like a long shot. OOC, of course, we all know it's brown mold and what kills it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Menik mini stats]
Menik

AC 17 (touch 13, ff 14) w/mage armor, hp 51/51
Init +3, CMB +4, CMD 17, Fort +5, Reflex +6, Will +6; Perception +9 (low-light vision), Stealth +10

attack longsword +4 (1d8+1, 19/x2) or dagger +4 (1d4+1, 19/x2)

force missile (Sp): (1d4+3, as magic missile, 8/day)

Arcane bond: ring; cast any spell in spellbook 1/day except Abj or Div

DC 15 + spell level; (& = evocation, +1 DC, +3 damage, school spell)
(- = abj, * = div: need 2 slots)
(~ = fire, +1 DC)

spells/day: 4 cantrips, 6+1& 1st, 4+1& 2nd, 3+1& 3rd, 2+1& 4th
concentration: +12 (+5 Int, +7 level)
lesser metamagic rod, selective (3/day, up to 3rd level spell, exclude up to 4 creatures from area of effect)

Level 0: message, disrupt undead (40', +6 ranged touch, 1d6), detect magic*

Level 1: mage armor, magic missile& (1d4+4,1d4+1,1d4+1,1d4+1) (x3) (cast 2 (or 3 with this post))
chill touch (7 touches; 1d6 damage + 1 str damage (Fort part DC 16)
or undead panic 1d4+7 rounds (Will neg DC 16)),
ear-piercing scream& (50', 5d6+3, daze 1 rnd, Fort DC 17 1/2 + no daze),
(empty slot)

Level 2: mirror image (1d4+2, 7 min),
flaming sphere&~ (3d6+3, Reflex neg DC 19, 160' range, 7 rounds) (x2),
toppling magic missile& (1d4+4,1d4+1,1d4+1,1d4+1; trip +12) (x2) (cast 1)

Level 3: haste (7 targets, 7 rounds) (cast)
halt undead (170', Will DC 18 neg (Int only), up to 3 undead, 7 rounds,
ends if they are attacked or take damage),
fireball&~ (9d6+3, Reflex half DC 20, 20' radius, 680' range) (x2) (cast 1)

Level 4: none prepared

Gear: 4 days' rations, potion of CLW (1d8+1), periscope, pearl of power (1st level)
Party gear: scroll of locate object
[/sblock]

jbear

First Post
As Vincenzo moves towards teh last sarcophagus with intention of opening it, Maui's massive Dire Tiger form whirls around and roars in his face. Hackles up and crouched down menacingly, the swordsman has to decide whether he is going to dare make his way past his savage friend who seems to have either lost his mind or is strongly opposed to the last sarcophagus being opened.

Meanwhile Taniwha remains totally paralysed under the mummy's linger aura of horror. If someone doesn't do something fast the feline will surely sucumb to the overpowering cold any second.

[sblock=OOC] I don't know if it is too late but Maui will go so far as to swat Vincenzo with non-lethal damage to prevent him approaching the last sarcophagus.

Taniwha will no doubt drop to unconscious unless healed immediately. Now seems the time for Weel to drop some healing on the group if possible, or on Taniwha at least. [/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
"Maui? Uh, *ahem" He takes a step back, "If you are trying to tell me something, then I think I get the clue here." He takes another step back and lowers his weapon. "Hey guys, I think I will hold off and see if we can warm this place up, eh?"

ooc: Face to face with a dire tiger is not something he would wish . . . . .ever

jkason

First Post
Weel Naxel, aasimar oracle

Weel shrugs.

"I don't talk kitty, but maybe he's upset because the littler kitty is cold. He's shivering a lot. Here, kitty, the jibber jabbers know a little bit about warming a body up."

Weel reaches out a hand to the shivering, dumbfounded cat, and swirling motes of light spring into existence. They run from Weel's hands along the surface of the cat's fur, then disappear beneath it. While it does nothing to bring the cat back to it's senses, it doesn't seem quite so unsteady on its pegs any more.

[sblock=ooc]Weel can't channel, so healing is one action at a time. In the interest of action economy, best he burns a higher level spell than spend the next several rounds fighting a losing battle against the cold:

Cure Serious Wounds Taniwha: 3D8+9 = [7, 8, 1]+9 = 25

[/sblock]

[sblock=mini-stats]Weel Naxel

Initiative: +1
AC: 21 (23 w/ Magic Vestment) Current: 27
HP:85 Current: 64 (32 NL damage)
Senses: Perception 6, Sense Motive 2
CMB: +11 CMD: 22 Fort: +7
Reflex: +6
Will: +8
Spell Resistance: 14 vs. evil descriptor / evil outsiders

Conditions:
* Magic Vestment (8 hours)
* Iron Weapon (8 minutes)
* Lead Blades (8 minutes), damage bump to 3d6 on Greatsword
* Shield of Faith (9 minutes), +3 deflection to AC.
* Levitate (9 minutes, 900 lbs)
* Haste (+1 attack, +1 dodge to AC, +1 dodge to Reflex, +30 ft move, add 1 attack on full attack) 6/7 rounds

In Hand: Iron Weapon (Greatsword)

Common Attacks:

(Cold) Iron Weapon Options Attack: +12/+07 = [BAB (06/01) + STR (05) + Enhance (01)]
Damage (Greatsword): 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2, S
Damage (Halberd): 1d10+8, Crit: x3, P or S, brace, trip
Damage (Earthbreaker): 2d6+8, Crit: x3, B
Damage (Lucerne Hammer): 1d12+8, Crit: x2, B or P, brace, reach

Conditional: -2/+4 (+6 2H) Power Attack
Furious Focus negates 1st attack penalty for 2H
+1 attack if moving at least 10' during turn

Iron Weapon (9 minutes, +1 cold iron): 5/6 Remaining
Bracer auto take 10: 1/1 remaining
Spells: Orisons (DC 13): Create Water, Detect Magic, Detect Poison, Ghost Sound, Mage Hand, Mending, Purify Food and Drink, Read Magic, Spark, Stabilize
1st (3/7 remaining)(DC 14): Cure Light Wounds, Obscuring Mist, Lead Blades, Liberating Command, Protection from Evil, Shield of Faith, Sun Metal
2nd (6/7 remaining)(DC 15): Align Weapon, Cure Moderate Wounds, Grace, Groundswell, Heat Metal, Levitate, Make Whole, Minor Image, Shatter, Silence
3rd (3/7 remaining)(DC 16): Cure Serious Wounds, Dispel Magic, Keen Edge, Locate Object, Magic Vestment, Stone Shape
4th (4/4 remaining)(DC 17): Blessing of Fervor, Cure Critical Wounds, Freedom of Movement, Versatile Weapon
[/sblock]

Systole

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Okay, I think we're calling this. If people are interested, I'll run a brief final battle. Otherwise, I'll post a wrap-up in the next few days and get you back in the DWI.[/sblock]

Remove ads