[LPF] Return to Boar's Ridge

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Eidolon_zps98d4c20d.png

The bull horned creature hit the mutated Delvin as he got closer with his lucerne hammer. The blow was hard, but not enough to drop him. The creature then tried to gore him but missed.

[sblock=Tactical Map]Notes:
1. Small bodies are difficult terrain for small characters
RtBR%20Enc%203%20Map%2005_zpsrkjsbwk6.jpg
[/sblock]
OOC: Combat: Round 5 – Everyone is up
[sblock=Combat Information]C1 has Reach
C1 AoO hit Delvin for 15 dmg, Gore missed

Initiative:
You guys
Bad Guy

Party Status:
-1/29 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Darvus ~ Prone and Unconscious
-6/26 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~ Prone and Dying
39/39 HP ~ AC 22 ~ Muzdum ~ waraxe
11/26 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Devlin ~
16/17 HP ~ AC 16 ~ Tamarie ~ MA 560r ~ Crossbow;

Spells Cast: MA (Tam)
Abilities Used:
* Darvus: Smite Evil 0/1, Lay on Hands 1/4
* Yosephus: Chan Energy 2/6, Reb Death: 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorruptible 1/1, Spells 1st 1/4, 2nd 2/3
* Devlin: Bombs 2/7, Mutagen (Dex) 1/1, Extracts 1st 0/4
* Tamarie: Heavenly Fire 3/7, Spells 1st 4/6
Conditions in effect: None

Enemy Status:
Code:
Creature   [AC17, Touch 11, CMD18]: 3/35hp
[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

Yosephus continues to drift ever closer to death.

[sblock=Rolls]Stabilize roll: 1D20 = [7] = 7[/sblock][sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: -7/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 4/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: ON
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

The beasts weapon digs deep into Devlin's armor and causes him to falter only slightly. He digs into the beast once more and attacks ferociously attempting to destroy the beast before it has a chance to finish him and his friends off.

[sblock=actions]
Claw 1 : Claw 1: 1D20+3 = [14]+3 = 17 Damage: Claw 1 DMG: 1D4+1 = [1]+1 = 2
Claw 2 : Claw 2: 1D20+3 = [15]+3 = 18 Damage: Claw 2 DMG: 1D4+1 = [3]+1 = 4
Bite : Bite: 1D20+3 = [7]+3 = 10 (miss)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (20 w/ Mutagen) (13 flat-footed, 14 (16) touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 Will: +2

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5

Bombs: 6/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___ 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Weapon in Hand: Bomb
Current Conditions in Effect: None

Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Seeing the mutated halfling's claws dig into the horned monster, Tamarie takes the opportunity to rush forward to the closest fallen teammate and do her best to help him. Dropping her crossbow and tearing fabric from his sleeve with both hands, the elf-blooded woman presses down and secures the makeshift bandage to his wound in a desperate effort to stop the ever-growing pool of red on the floor.

"Come on, don't do this to me... don't do this," she mutters under her breath as she fights a battle for the holy man's life.

[sblock=combat stuff]Move action: Move to L-12
Standard Action: Use Heal skill to stabilize Yosephus

I can't use Heavenly Fire on Yosephus again until the day turns over. I don't know of any healing devices. So, it's gonna have to be Heal skill, DC 15. I actually have heal skill (+4), but I'm just short of being able to make the roll on a take 10. (I should fix that next level.) I'll have to roll... and it's not good enough:

R5 Heal check on Yosephus to stabilize: 1D20+4 = [6]+4 = 10

The rules do allow for multiple attempts, assuming the victim doesn't bleed out between.

I am actually making a big assumption here: I'm treating it as obvious Yosephus is bleeding out and Darvus is not. PM, let me know if this is a problem.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 16/17
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 1/6
Heavenly Fire remaining: 4/7 (Darvus,Yosephus, Tamarie)
Bolts remaining: 17/20

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor, Light(dagger pommel)
Temporary items in possession: 1 bow and arrow set from sentry skeletons
Items not currently in possession: Crossbow and one bolt
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Eidolon_zps98d4c20d.png

With the final blows from Delvin, the beast fell and disappeared to leave a broken and battered kobold in its place. The kobold was inside the creature and had been taking punishment from the weapons and spells too. He was dead.

Silence fell over the interior of the building.

Tamarie managed to stop the bleeding on Yosepheus and stabilize him. You are victorious, and you did not pay the price in lives lost.

RtBR%20Enc%203%20Map%2006A_zpshivk5mtt.jpg
[/sblock]
OOC: Combat Over
[sblock=Combat Information]
Awarded 1600XP, 400XP each

Party Status:
-7/26 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~ Prone and Unconscious

Abilities Used:
* Yosephus: Chan Energy 2/6, Reb Death: 0/6, Resist Tch 0/6, Incorruptible 1/1, Spells 1st 1/4, 2nd 2/3
Conditions in effect: None[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]Yeah, I rolled for one earlier and just decided to just give you an auto-success on the other. Battle is over so there is no need to try killing off a PC for a dice roll.[/sblock]

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Finally able to combine pressure with wound coverage, Tamarie staunches Yosephus' bleeding and moves on to Darvus, only to find he's not bleeding out. Pulling her hood back, the woman shakes her mop of unruly dark hair and breathes a sigh of relief, sitting between her two wounded comrades. With a bit of a labored breath, she speaks. "Devlin, could you look for more baddies and maybe some valuables? I'll be tending the wounded more. Maybe we can get one up by next morning."

[sblock=Actions]Provide long term care. The plan would be that by morning, they get some hp back, but if that is not enough, Tamarie's 1d4+1 comes back online for each of them. If either becomes active, that liberates enough healing to get the other. The group is basically crippled until that point.[/sblock]
[sblock=Tamarie Mini Stats]Tamarie
AC: 16 (14 flat-footed, 12 touch)
HP: 16/17
CMB: +1 CMD: 13

Fort: +2 Reflex: +3 Will: +3
Perception: +2 Sense Motive: +0
Initiative: +2

First Level spells remaining: 1/6
Heavenly Fire remaining: 4/7 (Darvus,Yosephus, Tamarie)
Bolts remaining: 17/20

Current Weapon in Hand: none
Current Conditions in Effect: Mage Armor, Light(dagger pommel)
Temporary items in possession: 1 bow and arrow set from sentry skeletons
Items not currently in possession: Crossbow(loaded)
Items depleted: none
Money: +50gp(retainer),-25gp(horse rental)[/sblock]

G

Guest 11456

Yosephus Errol Smithe, Cleric of Amenthia, the Healing Hand

The bleeding finally stopped, Yosephus rests calmer as his body begins the slow process of repairing itself.
[sblock=Yosephus]Yosephus Errol Smithe
AC: 17 (10 flat-footed, 17 touch)
HP: -7/26
CMB: +2 CMD: 12

Fort: +5 Reflex: +2 Will: +7
Perception: +3 Sense Motive: +11
Initiative: +0

Current Weapon in Hand: Morningstar
Channel Energy: 4/6
Spells:
Orisons: Create Water, Guidance, Purify Food and Drink, Resistance
1st Level: Bless, Hide from Undead, Shield of Faith
2nd Level: Lesser Restoration
Domain Powers Remaining Today:
Rebuke Death: 6/6
Resistant Touch: 6/6
Race Features:
Halo Status: ON
Incorruptible: 1/1[/sblock]

Halivar

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Man, it looks like we had an active couple of days while I was gone! I'm sorry I missed several turns where I should have been making Con saves to stabilize. I had an emergency family thing up in the Appalachians; no phone signal or internet. PM, should I make some rolls to catch up? If so, how many?[/sblock]

resrick

First Post
144px-The_Alchemist_by_yuumei.jpg

As the beast falls before Devlin's claws, Devlin begins to revert back to his original form and straightens his robes. He takes a closer look at the Kobold now laying before him and begins to ponder how the little one ended up inside of the creature. "Most fascinating," he says under his breath as he probes around. Tamarie's words wake him from his studying dreams and he acknowledges her with a nod of his head.

"Yes, I will be happy to check the area to be sure there are no more of the miscreants laying in wait." Assured that she has all the injuries under control, Devlin begins to sift through the dead all around and to search the adjoining rooms for any signs of trouble. Slowly and meticulously he is sure to study the necromancer very closely to see if he can learn of anything that might help him understand how the beast was created.

[sblock=actions] I am going to check out the rooms, 8 then 4 for any signs of other creatures. After that I will search the body of the Necromancer first (and very thoroughly) then work my way through the skeletons and finally come assist Tamarie with anymore of the healing that needs to be done. If by chance while i am doing this anything shiny catches my eye near that throne I will also take a look over there for anything of interest. [/sblock]

[sblock=ministats]Devlin Eldlya

AC: 16 (20 w/ MTGN) (13 flat-footed, 14 (16) touch)
HP: 26/26
CMB:+2 CMD: 15
Fort: +5 Reflex: +7 (9) Will: +2 (0)

Perception: +8
Initiative: +5 (7)

Bombs: 5/7
Mutagen Prepared: Dexterity (+4 DEX +2 Nat Armor - 2 WIS) (IN USE)

Extracts Prepared: 1: Targeted Bomb Admixture 2: ___ 3:___ 4:____
Formulae List: Bomber's Eye, Cure Light Wounds, Disguise Self, Enlarge Person, Targeted Bomb Admixture, Expeditious Retreat, Stone Fist

Current Weapon in Hand: Claws x2, Bite
Current Conditions in Effect: DEX Mutagen w/ Feral Mutagen (2x Claw attack and 1 Bite)
Used Items:
None

Read more: http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Devlin_(resrick)
[/sblock]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Looking in the antechambers revealed no more foes. After the sounds of battle, if there were any other kobolds left they were likely cowering behind the few closed doors. There were a few visible down the hallways.

Searching the two fallen kobolds in the gruesome throne room, you found a pair of potion vials on the magic user. The creature was carrying a masterwork Lucerne hammer, that looked too big for the kobold that was dead in his place.

RtBR%20Enc%203%20Map%2006B_zpsxvzsyfmk.jpg
[/sblock][sblock=Combat Information]
Party Status:
-7/26 HP ~ AC 17 ~ Yosephus ~ Prone and Unconscious

Abilities Used:
Conditions in effect: None[/sblock] [sblock=GM Note]I already rolled the checks to stabilize both dying characters, so there is no need for you all to do so now.

I cannot believe that not one of your PCs has spare CLW potions at all. Tsk, tsk. That is like Adventuring 101, to always be ready in case the healer falls in battle and you need to bring them back. ;)

Seriously though, since I am going to be DMing the adventure for you guys next, I really recommend you fix that issue between adventures, probably even taking a CMW each as well. My combats tend to lean towards challenging and if you all are not prepared or too reckless, you could lose a character.

It is also becoming normal to invest in a personal CLW wand when characters reach about 4th-5th level, lending it to the healer to use on your character because cure spells and channel energies are not enough.[/sblock] [sblock=Treasure]Potions are CMW if you succeed on the Spellcraft and/or Perception checks to identify them. That should bring your two fallen members back.

The rest of the treasure will just be vender trash. But you can each make a treasure drop request for something to be found (valued up to 4000gp) in the throne room. I think that should be covered by the total value of GP each person would earn over the entire adventure.[/sblock]

Remove ads