General Discussion

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I thought that was the answer, I just never read it as definitive. Is that RAW? As in Table top game as well as LPF?

GlassEye

Adventurer
The rules never give a restriction on how you spend your skill points except in corner cases like Fly. So, yes, I suppose that is RAW.

sunshadow21

Explorer
Honestly, even in the case of fly, I would let people put points there without restriction. If someone really wants to spend precious skill points on a skill they don't have reliable access to, I won't stop them. And it's not like the restrictions are that tough. "Reliable Access" is a pretty open ended statement in this game.

Aura

Explorer
Pathfinder character generation is sufficiently rich that you can produce tremendously capable characters RAW. OTOH, you can turn around and 'break rules' and still produce mediocre or even underpowered characters. I have no problems subjectively ruling on balance issues in the tabletop/1 DM environment, but in a shared world I use RAW as the standard because it is more objective.

Case in point, I mentioned the issue with Fly not because I think it actually breaks the game in any way, but merely because that's how it reads. But, I personally share Sunshadow's opinion on the fly matter, overall.

GlassEye

Adventurer
I've done a fair amount of editing of the wiki over the past couple of days trying to clean up and update adventure pages. Despite following the written directions I got from Satin Knights I still can't seem to get Children of the Mud to show properly on the active adventures page. :(

perrinmiller

Adventurer
I've done a fair amount of editing of the wiki over the past couple of days trying to clean up and update adventure pages. Despite following the written directions I got from Satin Knights I still can't seem to get Children of the Mud to show properly on the active adventures page. :(
Well, I don't think you followed the directions, GE. You were missing that you need to copy the correct template into your 00 Game Name file. (steps a, b & d). I also fixed step h too in case that made a difference.

I fixed it and purged the page so it is there now. :)

[sblock=Steps]To add another game to the Adventures auto-page.

a) Edit one of the previous pages like 00_The Ringling Affair

b) Edit source. CTRL-A to select all, CTRL-C to copy. Cancel.

c) Create a new page of 00_Game_Name

d) Edit Source. Paste. Edit the individual fields as appropriate.

e) Add a category of "Game Name" without quotes.

f) Save.

g) Then, click on the category "Game Name" as it is listed at the bottom of the page.

h) Edit that page, just putting in a "." as a placeholder, and adding "Games" to the categories for that page.

i) View http://livingpf.wikia.com/wiki/Adventures?action=purge and that will force a refresh on the Adventures page.

j) For the first 24 hours, the category "Game Name" will not pop up in the drop downs automatically. Eventually it will. But for the first few characters you move into a game, you will have to type it in yourself.[/sblock]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Thanks for the fix, Perrin, and for the directions. I followed directions just not the correct directions. The ones I had said nothing about a template at all so I wasn't even looking for something like that. I've ditched those directions and copied down yours so I should be able to manage it in the future. Thanks again.

perrinmiller

Adventurer
No worries. Thanks for the Wiki maintenance. I have not had much spare time lately for that sort of thing, having other admin task backlogging elsewhere.

Aura

Explorer
I saw you were busy, GE, but I've never understood how it works. I was a little frustrated it was not obvious, from the sound of these steps, that seems to very much be the case.

Remove ads