• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy (Issue #4)

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Mr. Tibbs face comes on the screen, "I wanted to be the first to congratulate you on a job well done, the selection process has begun, and the boys back at HQ were highly impressed with your performance, you have the speed to be the next Redline, but I think you can be better."

He must be one of the fast ones. Mark didn't keep track of who was who in the elite world. He should probably start.

He pauses before continuing, "I have attached a standard contract with this message, take your time with it, have it looked over by an attorney if you like, but the basics are as follows, we want to sign you on exclusively with an initial signing bonus of $245,000, with a current contract of two million a year for two years, for a total payout of $4,245,000 over the whole of your contract. With the caveat that you abide by the rules of the UNJE, in which case your contract can be terminated at our discretion. Once I have this electronic contract back with your signature, we will have the money turned over to an account within 24 hours time. If you do not possess an account we will set one up for you, within the same 24 hour time frame. I hope you consider our offer, and I hope to welcome you to the Justice Elite family as the first member of Legacy." The message ends, as the digital contract comes up on the screen.

"What rules?" Mark looked for them in the contract, trying not to be too distracted by the number of zeroes. There had to be a catch.

Tokiwong

First Post
Mark

The Rules are general rules of conduct such as presenting a good public image, one that will not bring disgrace to the UNJE. Will not engage in Criminal Activity, Drug Abuse, or association with groups or entities threaten the United Nations, and member countries. All endorsements must be approved by the UNJE, so as to not conflict with their interests... etc.

Anika and Cassie

“I would think that overall your doing really well, I am not supposed to say anything, but I know that the UN was very impressed with your progress, and your performance,” she says to Ryan. The she turns to Anika, “Tell you what, I need to get some new clothes too, I am going to grab the van after dinner, and make a mall run, grab any other girls that want to go, and we can get some serious shopping done!”

Jun Min walks to the door, “See you after dinner, I got a dinner date with Mr. McCallister,” she smirks, “and believe me it isn’t what you think. Oh and if you need to talk to him, I will let him know Ryan, his door is always open, or so he says.”

Cassie

Yoshi thinks for a minute, “well guilt issues or not, we need to do something, as much as he may be bummed, this is some serious stuff. I for one don’t want to see the world slide into destruction,” then wraps an arm around Cassie, “and I am not about to let you wink out of existence either, that would kind of suck.”

Yoshi goes *Woosh!* and is gone for a second, and then another second later he returns with flowers in hand, and hands them to Cassie, “Dinner looks good, I saw the rest of the guys there, lets head on over!”

John

Sarah smiles, while Jimmy scowls, and the lot of you head for the cafeteria, many of the other students are there, some are missing, teachers are present, and Dr. Hudabo makes an announcement that the restriction has been lifted, which brings a cheer from many students, though some are still missing.

Samnell

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
The Rules are general rules of conduct such as presenting a good public image, one that will not bring disgrace to the UNJE. Will not engage in Criminal Activity, Drug Abuse, or association with groups or entities threaten the United Nations, and member countries. All endorsements must be approved by the UNJE, so as to not conflict with their interests... etc.[/B]

Figured. Well it's not like I couldn't use more rehab, and money. "How do you answer one of these things?" Mark poked the screen tentatively and looked without understanding at the display.

"Uh, Sarah? Hello? Did Tommy tell you how to talk?"

Cassie takes the flowers from Yoshi. "I'm to smell these yes?" sniffs the flowers and nods. "Yes, let's go to dinner, and you're right.. e can seek ways to keep the whole 'winking from existance issue' done later." Takes his arm. "But I think we need to see what is for dinner for now."

Sen Udo-Mal

First Post
Tokiwong said:
James

Kiyana thinks for a moment, "Alright we can hit dinner, skip the water park, and just see a movie, and stuff. Then we can check out downtown, and the Sahara Riverwalk, that would be great!" she grins. She hugs James again, "You are so nice, lets go eat, wait, I need to get changed, or should I change afterwards" she thinks.

Kiyana smiles, "I will get changed afterwards, we will eat, then I will run back, and get changed, I got the perfect outfit," she drags James behind her, to go eat.

James frowns when he hears they will not be going to the water park... he was looking forward to the bathing suits... but he perks back up and is happy to be dragged off by Kiyana on the way to the cafe to get dinner...

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:

“I would think that overall your doing really well, I am not supposed to say anything, but I know that the UN was very impressed with your progress, and your performance,” she says to Ryan. The she turns to Anika, “Tell you what, I need to get some new clothes too, I am going to grab the van after dinner, and make a mall run, grab any other girls that want to go, and we can get some serious shopping done!”

"Oh, okay, sure. See ya," Anika says as Jun Min leaves. She turns to Ryan. "Huh, looks like it's going to a girls' night out thing. Sorry," she says to him. "Hey, I'm getting hungry, want to grab something to eat...oh, crap." Her eyebrows perk up at a sudden thought, and she says, "SARAH? Can you give me the location of Tommy McKain?" She looks back at Ryan. "I should maybe talk to Tommy about Star before dinner."

Hammerhead

Explorer
Ryan sighs, running his hand through his hair. "Okay. I'd best be going then. See you later." Ryan smiles, says his goodbyes and then strolls from Anika's room. He ambles back towards his own room, the plops down on the functionally useless bed. Wow. I have a date for the dance, and it's not Star or something freaky. Anika, Mark, and I probably have the best chance of making it too. Don't want to disturb Mr. McCallister during dinner. I'll just leave a message for Cassie.

Ryan logs on to his computer and sends Cassandra a quick message, saying "Cassandra-come and see me please. Ryan."

Tokiwong

First Post
Mark

SARAH's voice replies to Mark, "Yes Mark I can talk, and yes I can help you send the message, it is a simple matter, all you have to do is provide your identification number, your initials, and select that you give authentication. Then I will take a retinal scan to prove your identity, and the matter is resoleved. Shall we proceed?"

Anika

As everyone leaves, Anika's monitor pops up a message, with Tommy's face, "You called for me," he smirks, "I love doing that, I am always wired into SARAH, so you are worried about STAR? Don't worry she is already a registered student here at the school, I don't do things without covering my trail, she will be alright. Besides, she is a student..."

The Cafeteria

The Cafeteria buzzes with activity, as the students eat, and chat about what they are going to do tonight, it is a place to be seen, or not be seen. A place to grub opn food, and relax with friends, Yoshi, Cassie, John, Sarah, Jimmy, Kiyana, and James all end up sitting at the same table. Noonre really pays them any mind, more focused on the night time revelry.

Cassie is sitting by Yoshi, a flower tucked in her hair as she quietly asks him about this or that food, trying a bit of everything on her plate. As the others arrive, she nods to them greeting them and being generally a little more open and genial than usual.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:

As everyone leaves, Anika's monitor pops up a message, with Tommy's face, "You called for me," he smirks, "I love doing that, I am always wired into SARAH, so you are worried about STAR? Don't worry she is already a registered student here at the school, I don't do things without covering my trail, she will be alright. Besides, she is a student..."

"Gotcha. Thanks, Tommy." Anika said. "Hey, I want to apologise for being a jerk the other day. You're right, Star is pretty cool. See you later, time to chow."

She gets up and heads to the cafeteria, joining the gang at their table once she grabs some food.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads