• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy: Issue #6

Samnell

Explorer
Agamon said:
"And no one's dying, Mark. If you die taking a bullet for me, I'll kill you,"[/color] she adds with a grin, which turns to a frown when she notices Mark acting strangely and trying to hide it. "You okay, Mark?"

"Nothing," Mark says too quickly. He sighs, "It's nerves. A guy just barely screwed up killing me last night. I'm fine." Mark's stomach started curling into interesting shapes. Not now. Not now.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"I want to do this... I need to do this, its something Neuro never would have done, I want to do it for me. Please don't take this away from me. Please." she begs, taking the teachers hand.

"I understand your intentions, Kelly. I am not trying to stifle your drive, but there is something wrong with you, and I will need plenty of resources to fix it. This isn't simple as black and white..." she trails off as she heard something... then grabs her head seething for a moment...

"Ouch that smarts..." she says after a lengthy pause.

The Garage

Star reacts to Mark placing a hand on his shoulder, "Mark will be fine, it has been a trying two days for him. Well both of us."

Agamon said:
Listening to the exchange between Sarah, Ryan and Mark, she adds, "C'mon, Ryan, kill you so Overseer can't get you; sounds like a Chaos idea to me. What a moronic little creep. Is that why he kept you under for so long, Sarah? So you could tell us that great little idea of his? And what exactly did he do to you?"

Sarah bites her lip nervously, “Yes I am awake. John is here with me, and I am sorry to make you all worry. It was not my intent or Chaos’ intent. I don’t understand everything that happened, but it was for a reason. Things are escalating wildly out of control…”

Hammerhead said:
"Whatever," Ryan snaps at Sarah. "If you don't want to kill me, why even mention it? In case one of Chaos's other flunkies tries to snuff me out? Did you expect me to go along with the idea?" I'm not the one who knocked out everyone at the mall either, he thinks bitterly.

"I say if anyone's getting killed here, Overseer's first, followed by his flunkies, Pantheon members, and the annoying people who talk during movies. None of us are on that list. I don't plan on dying, and I don't care what some cosmic brat says. Tell him if he wants to deliver some kind of message, do it in person." Unless he can't, which explains why he only acted in the computer program and Sarah's comatose mind. Which means advantage Ryan, that he can't come and directly kill me.

Sarah glares at Ryan, and the room grows colder, as if an emotion of unabashed anger washes over each person. Shadows seem to loom larger, the hair on the back of your neck stands up on end. Although it is more an emotional feeling then actual environmental changes, as she speaks in a voice that is both chilling and altogether powerful, “I was trying to warn you, Ryan… I did not want to tell you, but I felt it was the right thing. I am not your enemy. You seem to forget I can read your thoughts just as easily as you can hear my voice.”

Her ghostly forms, pulses with power, and you can all feel a slight buzzing in your minds. Not painful, but ever present, and growing in strength. She points a finger at Ryan, “You’re smarter then you look Ryan, they can’t intervene directly. To do so would break their rules. But they can bend the rules, or skirt close to breaking them, all to help a scared little boy. Filled with rage, anger, and pain at a world that owes him nothing. You are not even human, you are nothing like us at all, Ryan.”

*Editor’s Note: As an aside, John your at ground zero of the largest nexus of psychic power you have ever felt, outside of when you tried to contact Chaos…

Sarah cocks her head, rage still in her eyes, her red hair blowing on some psychic wind, “You insolent short sighted mortal. How dare you question me? If this is how you wish…” she calms herself, and speaks normally, “Oh my God… Ryan I am so sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just, this power, Chaos left something inside my mind, its like he opened a door and unleashed my potential… I am sorry I didn’t, I am sorry,” she cries and fades from sight.

The buzzing is gone… and the mood returns to what it was before. Star turns to Ryan, but says nothing waiting for him to speak first.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Samnell said:
"Nothing," Mark says too quickly. He sighs, "It's nerves. A guy just barely screwed up killing me last night. I'm fine." Mark's stomach started curling into interesting shapes.

Anika just nods in reply, though she doesn't look very convinced.

Tokiwong said:
Sarah cocks her head, rage still in her eyes, her red hair blowing on some psychic wind, “You insolent short sighted mortal. How dare you question me? If this is how you wish…” she calms herself, and speaks normally, “Oh my God… Ryan I am so sorry, I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just, this power, Chaos left something inside my mind, its like he opened a door and unleashed my potential… I am sorry I didn’t, I am sorry,” she cries and fades from sight.

The buzzing is gone… and the mood returns to what it was before. Star turns to Ryan, but says nothing waiting for him to speak first.

Anika's eyes grow wide at Sarah's outburst. As Sarah fades away, her features turn angry. "What did that little freak do to her?! I swear I'm going to wring his little red neck..." she says clenching her fists at her side. "And you," she says, turning to Ryan, "could go a little easier on the traumatized girl that just came out of a coma. It's obviously not her you should be upset at." She sighs, bringing her hand up to rub her brow. "I'm tired, and hungry. Can we maybe discuss all this later?"

Cassie looks over and sees Kelly talking (and breaking down) and walks over to the girl and the teacher. "Kelly you okay?" she looks concerned for her friend.

Aenion

First Post
"You mean ... you two were like engaged?! No wonder she's giving me the cold shoulder all of a sudden," Karen says, feeling slightly relieved, at least now she knows why Aris is so angry at her, Well it's her own fault she should have said something yesterday.

"Uhm, yeah this place is a bit upscale to my tastes, and it might be a good idea to get away from Aris, if only for while. Do you have something in mind?"

ooc: sorry I didn't reply earlier, apparently enworld forgot to mail me

Shalimar

First Post
"Wha...Whats wrong?" she asks the teacher as she wipes at her eyes. When Cassie makes her way into the dressing room to see if everything is all right Kelly just shakes her head.

"No, not even close to okay, I have some dead Pantheon guy putting his thoughts in my head, and Jun Min isn't going to let me onto Generation Legacy, so not only does the guy screw around in my head making me forget things and making me like what he likes, he also gets to stop me from doing things I want to do because now no one trusts me at all." she says angrily.

Tokiwong

First Post
Aenion said:
"You mean ... you two were like engaged?! No wonder she's giving me the cold shoulder all of a sudden," Karen says, feeling slightly relieved, at least now she knows why Aris is so angry at her, Well it's her own fault she should have said something yesterday.

"Uhm, yeah this place is a bit upscale to my tastes, and it might be a good idea to get away from Aris, if only for while. Do you have something in mind?"

ooc: sorry I didn't reply earlier, apparently enworld forgot to mail me

Kal shrugs, “Yeah we kind of were, but that is like old news. It wouldn’t work, I am nice and she isn’t,” he smirks, “why don’t we just take a walk downtown and see what else is going on, or just whatever? Hang out you know?”

Shalimar said:
"Wha...Whats wrong?" she asks the teacher as she wipes at her eyes. When Cassie makes her way into the dressing room to see if everything is all right Kelly just shakes her head.

Jun min groans, "I don't know I just felt like someone just turned every nerve in my brain to extreme, piercing pain. Then just punched me in the skull a few times, that was one hell of a psychic..." she pauses, "Sarah... oh my god... if that was her, wow. I didn't know she had that kind of power... that was easily Delta if not Gamma class activity right there... oh my god."

Shalimar said:
"No, not even close to okay, I have some dead Pantheon guy putting his thoughts in my head, and Jun Min isn't going to let me onto Generation Legacy, so not only does the guy screw around in my head making me forget things and making me like what he likes, he also gets to stop me from doing things I want to do because now no one trusts me at all." she says angrily.

Jun Min shakes her head in reply, "No one is trying to deny you anything, Kelly. This is serious stuff, you need help. I can't in good concious just overlook that, who knows what else he left in your head, do you even know?" she sighs exasperated, at a loss for what else to say.

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Sarah glares at Ryan, and the room grows colder, as if an emotion of unabashed anger washes over each person. Shadows seem to loom larger, the hair on the back of your neck stands up on end. Although it is more an emotional feeling then actual environmental changes, as she speaks in a voice that is both chilling and altogether powerful, “I was trying to warn you, Ryan… I did not want to tell you, but I felt it was the right thing. I am not your enemy. You seem to forget I can read your thoughts just as easily as you can hear my voice.”

You know, I had this exact conversation with John at the mall, Ryan thinks back, keeping a tight control on his anger. Don't ever read my thoughts again, unless I give you permission.

Tokiwong said:
Her ghostly forms, pulses with power, and you can all feel a slight buzzing in your minds. Not painful, but ever present, and growing in strength. She points a finger at Ryan, “You’re smarter then you look Ryan, they can’t intervene directly. To do so would break their rules. But they can bend the rules, or skirt close to breaking them, all to help a scared little boy. Filled with rage, anger, and pain at a world that owes him nothing. You are not even human, you are nothing like us at all, Ryan.”

"I've seen what help Chaos can provide, and I'm not too impressed. I think we'd rather do without his little help or messages," Ryan asserts confidently. Who's angry? Who's scared? What do you mean I'm not human?

Tokiwong said:

"Well...that was...interesting," Ryan says as Sarah fades, choosing his words carefully. "If I had to guess what would have happened next five minutes ago, that certainly wouldn't have been it," he remarks unconcernedly. Why do my problems continue to escalate? Could I have been worried about homework only a few months before?

"Maybe I was a little angry Anika, but people tend to get that way when someone suggests the world would be a better place if they were dead. And I don't buy for a minute that she didn't want me dead. Who knew what that little twerp did to her...what the hell is he?" It's especially disconcerting when they might be right, about the world being better with me dead. How DARE she call me a scared little boy!

Agamon

Adventurer
"Great," Anika thinks, rolling her eyes. "Now Sarah 'wants him dead'. How long until he thinks I'm out to get him?"

"I'm starving here, let's go," she says to Ryan. She looks to Mark and Star. "You two going swimming, or you want to grab a bite to eat first?"

Shalimar

First Post
"No, no I don't know everything about what he did in my head, I can't remember anything that he did, but that doesn't mean I have to be afraid of doing anything for the rest of my life... this isn't fair and you know it." she says sulkily, frowning unhappily. She stands up and starts to move towads the exit.

"Maybe I should just go back to the institue now, I don't think I'm gonna be having much more fun tonight with you guys." she says, sounding like she is feeling hurt and betrayed. she leaves the dressing room, drying her eyes with the back of her arm.

"Everyone's stuff is on me," she tells the manager, giving the manager her credit card, and waiting around for whatever it is for her to sign.

Remove ads