Generation Legacy Issue #7 "Innocence Lost" - Part 1

Tokiwong

First Post
Promotional Comic in Wizard

Mudaba Adin Institute
July 13th, 2014 0720 Local Time

“And that pretty much concludes my report on observations of her mental state. Kelly may be a danger to herself, and others. Of course as I understand it, that may be a moot point. But I hope that you take this into consideration,” Jun Min finishes and adjusts her glass as she seats herself, finishing her presentation for the faculty and the UN representatives.

“This brings up a whole new host of questions, gentlemen,” Dr. Hudabo speaks softly, “she is would pose to be an excellent candidate otherwise, but we have no idea what this elite may have done to her psyche.”

“Not to mention her pleasant attitude,” Mr. McCallister responds flatly. He turns to Jun Min, “Your report only validates what I have known all along; she is a liability and a serious one at that.”

Mr. Gutierrez shakes his head, “I have to disagree, Raptor, perhaps you are being too hard on the girl. Although discussing this little matter is moot, the decisions has been made; can we get on to the more pressing business.”

Mr. McCallister turns his gaze to Mr. Gutierrez, “Mr. McCallister, I don’t go by that moniker, Mr. Gutierrez. I understand the point is moot, but I will speak my reservations regardless.”

Dr. Hudabo cleared his throat, “Gentleman settle down,” he stands, and taps the table as a holographic display forms in the center of the table. Various images play out, displaying various genome strains, scientific data, and observation videos of various students.

Mr. Gutierrez smiles, “Hmm, so what is the progress in your research, Dr. Hudabo?”

“As of this moment, by estimates from the Registration records, there are approximately 12,672 elites worldwide. Keep in mind there is a seventeen percent range of error in that number. By the year 2041, there will be over 178,000 elites worldwide. This number is the low end of the spectrum, gentlemen. Also recall at the close of 2004 there were only about 100 documented elites. This creates an escalating problem that inevitably will only end in disaster,” Dr. Hudabo finishes. He turns to Dr. McTaggert, “before I continue, Doctor your observations from your samples.”

Dr. McTaggert nods and stands, “As you all know the Legacy virus, has been determined as the source of what gives elites, their power. It is not understood, how this is done, or why it occurs. What we do know is that the human genome seems to be the perfect host for Legacy, and to date no other species has benefited from infection. What has come to light recently is that Legacy is accelerating through the populace. Perhaps it is mutating faster then we can comprehend or perhaps it is just a simple law of numbers, which being with more elites, in turns equals a higher chance for infection. What is known is that we are looking at the total extinction of the human species in approximate ninety-six years. In under one hundred years, homo sapiens as a species will no longer exist, I will let that sink for a moment, the ramifications of such a thought are perhaps mind boggling,” she says taking a seat, nodding to Dr. Hudabo.

Dr. Hudabo sighed, “Perhaps some of you think that perhaps we will be better off. I am not so sure. The worst-case scenario is total and complete anarchy, and a break down of the world governments. The world would be an alien place, and everything we have worked towards, would be for naught. It would be a new age where there would be no place for man, a scary thought one that even as an elite I am not sure I could fathom.”

Mr. Gutierrez nods, “What about No Return, if need be, we can use that on elite criminals, like the Pantheon prisoners. Reduce the part of the population that isn’t useful. Besides a real world test of its capabilities is in order, don’t you think?”

Mr. McCallister bristles at the statement, but says nothing waiting for Dr. Hudabo to respond.

“They may be prisoners but they have rights, besides, we are not quite sure if No Return can be controlled. Even a controlled test could end in disaster, biological agents are rarely surgical and No Return is no exception. Besides we have some startling findings, that I think will be intriguing,” Dr. Hudabo tabs the table and a holographic image of Ryan Praloski appears, showing biological data, and statistics.

“Ryan, is not infected with Legacy. Not in the slightest, at first we figured it was a mistake and did further testing but there is no sign of any type of cellular alteration, at least by Legacy. On top of that, there is a second student that bears a second look. Cassandra Prophet, also is not infected, or perhaps the better statement would be that her body was engineered from the ground up. The technology involved is beyond anything I have seen, but she has a more customized and controlled version of Legacy, which is not contagious, not at all. These two have become the target of our research, perhaps understanding what makes them unique could be the key to perhaps the Legacy question. What we are asking is that we have increased funding to look into these new avenues of research in the meanwhile, it would be prudent to invest in the McKain Industries venture,” he finishes looking around the room for questions.

This is an interlude...

Tokiwong

First Post
Mudaba Adin Institute
July 13th, 2014 0740 Local Time

Mark

Light filters into Mark’s room, giving everything a strange gauzy glow, the light seems to dance from one surface to another, as filters in little beams of light. But it is the annoying sound of an incoming message that alerts Mark.

His monitor buzzes to life, when he finally answers the message. Only to be greeted by Mr. McCallister’s stern gaze. He adjusts his glasses and speaks, “Morning Mark, sorry to wake you so early, but we need to talk. Legacy business, I need a progress report on your investigation. Also I need to pass on some new information for you, you have ten minutes to be in my office.”

The message blanks out, and once again he is staring at his normal monitor desktop.

Kelly

It is early, but then again isn’t a high priority for Kelly. After finishing another workout at the gym, an intense workout to work off some stress she makes her way to her room. Only to find a thin older man standing outside her door holding a bouquet of flowers, “Excuse madam, would you be Kelly Mitchell?”

His features are almost etched, and his eyes are slim and dark. He wears a non descript suit of black, with a white shirt and a black tie. He seems to take immaculate care of his clothing and his manner is very formal. In his hands he holds a wonderful bouquet of red roses.

He takes a moment to observe Kelly, before speaking, “Ahh yes, you must be her, these are for you, madam. Congratulations are in order, I apologize but I have taken the liberty to deliver the rest of the roses into your room. I hope that was not too presumptuous,” he graciously bows, and gestures for Kelly to enter.

Inside the room are more roses, of varying colors, not too much but enough it seems. The thin man continues, “Mr. McKain would like to extend his thanks to you, and apologizes that he cannot be here at this time. He hopes that you will accept this small token of his thanks, and that perhaps you will join him for dinner this evening?”

The thin man extends an envelope, “He has a private aerodyne prepared for flight at 1600, where you will be whisked away to Venice for a lovely dinner at Mr. McKain’s expense. It would honor him greatly if you could join him, he is well aware of how busy your schedule is and is willing to adjust as need be. If you have any questions everything you will need is in the envelope.”

The thin man bows, “I bid you good morning madam,” he turns on his heels and exits.

John

Sarah spends the rest of the evening laying in a motionless slumber. She stirs only in the morning early, finally sitting up. She turns to John speaking mentally, “I am sorry about that, yesterday, something inside me snapped, my powers are growing I think, its like I can’t control them, and the things I see, I hear, its like two sides of a story, but I don’t know what that story is. It is too much information, it is like I know things I should not know. I am scared, I don’t know what it means John, and I don’t know what is happening to me.”

Ryan

*Whoosh*

Ryan ducks another spinning kick, as Charles regains his footing, the baseline, or at least enhanced baseline was quick on his feet. The two had been going at it for nearly two hours and had quite a crowd going of students, watching them fight back and forth.

Charles was much tougher then he looked and he could take some punishment, because his body instantly repairs itself, and even the most grievous of injuries was a minor inconvenience at best. He would flow from one fighting style to another keeping Ryan off-balance where Ryan had the raw power, Charles had experience and training to counter the raw talent and capabilities of the young elite.

“Your good, Ryan, you would make one hell of fighter one day,” Charles replies parrying attacks as needed. He catches Ryan’ arm and flips him forward onto the ground, he kneels, “Nice, real nice. In a straight up fight, this would be ugly, I have taken look at your file; you’re packing some serious power. By the way I think I got a bead on Strength, sources in INTERPOL, and otherwise have sighted him in Bangkok trying to lay low. The city is about as corrupt as one can get, but always great for a good time.”

He helps Ryan up, “Do me a favor and pass that on to Mark. Still no word on Honor though.”

Anika

Anika sniffs the air in her sleep, and smells the wonderful smell of pancakes, bacon and eggs. Before she realizes it, someone has placed a tray on her bed, as she blearily opens her eyes, she sees Star sitting next to her. Star smiles, “Morning, Anika, I tried something new this morning, I tried cooking. I can’t taste the food though, so I decided to share with you, I hope you like it,” she says with a wry smile.

Karen

For once, the evening was great, even though Kal turned in late that night to grab some sleep, the kiss goodnight was beautiful and poignant. It made the evening sweeter and the morning even more so.

In the morning Karen got message from Claire, asking Karen to join hr for breakfast. Even though Karen could not eat, she would like the company. Of course that was the norm for Claire, just wanting to have someone around, she didn’t like being alone.

Cassie

Perhaps its just another morning but it seems quite pleasant, after shopping with Yoshi, and the girls. Coming home and catching up with others that felt the same way she did about the current politics of the world, and then just trying to finish homework, it was enough to make a girl go crazy.

But at least nothing crazy was going on, it was just a pleasant morning. A lazy Sunday to just relax. At least hopefully it would be.

Last edited:

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
Anika sniffs the air in her sleep, and smells the wonderful smell of pancakes, bacon and eggs. Before she realizes it, someone has placed a tray on her bed, as she blearily opens her eyes, she sees Star sitting next to her. Star smiles, “Morning, Anika, I tried something new this morning, I tried cooking. I can’t taste the food though, so I decided to share with you, I hope you like it,” she says with a wry smile.

"Wow, what'd I do to deserve this?" Anika replies with a smile. She picks up and samples a piece of bacon. "Mmmm, it's good. Thanks, Star. You do realize that this going to go straight to my butt, though."

Anika continues to eat. "So, how did swimming go last night?" she asks with a sly grin. "He likes you, you know, Mark. Knowing him, he won't admit it in so many words, but I can tell."

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
"Wow, what'd I do to deserve this?" Anika replies with a smile. She picks up and samples a piece of bacon. "Mmmm, it's good. Thanks, Star. You do realize that this going to go straight to my butt, though."

"Some men like that," she says with a straight face, "maybe Ryan is one those type of guys?"

Agamon said:
Anika continues to eat. "So, how did swimming go last night?" she asks with a sly grin. "He likes you, you know, Mark. Knowing him, he won't admit it in so many words, but I can tell."

"It was very fun, I enjoyed it immensely. Mark is a very good swimmer," she pauses cocking her head, "I am not so sure, I can agree. Kelly seems to like him as well, and she is human, I am just a machine, it only stands to reason that he would go after someone of his own species," she says flatly.

"But I enjoyed his company, he is such a nice person," she finishes.

Last edited:

Shalimar

First Post
Kelly is returning from another late night, or perhaps it was an early morning work out? Shrugging, she wipes her brow with the monogrammed towel, its like it mattered to her anymore, when your awake 24 hours a day, time is rather irrelevant. Dropping the towel around her shoulders, she hums one of her hit songs, her pony tail bobbing to the sway of her head.

"Hi, uh, can I help you?" Kelly asks of the man she finds waiting at her door, at his question, she can only nod curiously, wondering about the beautiful boquet of Roses he is holding. When the well dressed gentleman asks his question she nods and smiles, "Yes I am." she replies.

As used to oppulence and expensive gifts as she is, Kelly cannot help but feel touched by Tommy's flowers, "Oh, wow." she says, breathing in the heady scent of the flowers, "Of course I'll go to dinner with him." she says, plucking out a single rose and smelling it by itself, closing her eyes in the pleasureable scent.

"But what is the congratulations for? I know he tried, but after I told Jun Min whats going on wih Neuro, they'd never let me on the team now." she says to herself with a sigh after Tommy's butler has shown himself out. "I can at least enjoy his company for dinner, I'm sure he tried his best to help."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"But what is the congratulations for? I know he tried, but after I told Jun Min whats going on wih Neuro, they'd never let me on the team now." she says to herself with a sigh after Tommy's butler has shown himself out. "I can at least enjoy his company for dinner, I'm sure he tried his best to help."

On Kelly's monitor is a beeping message from the UNJE, marked urgent.

Shalimar

First Post
Kelly sighs at the blipping, "What, now there going to make it official and say no to my face?" she wonders angrily. "Well, here goes." she murmurs to herself as she opens up the message.

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
Kelly sighs at the blipping, "What, now there going to make it official and say no to my face?" she wonders angrily. "Well, here goes." she murmurs to herself as she opens up the message.
To be short and to the point, the letter is congratulatory on behalf of the UNJE on acceptance to the Legacy team. They are pleased to have you aboard, and although you have been at the Institute a short team, feel you have the qualities and talents that could make you a successful member of the team. The UNJE hopes to incorporate your current image into the team, and provide a positive image of young lites for the building of a better tomorrow.

In short she got accepted.

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
"Some men like that," she says with a straight face, "maybe Ryan is one those type of guys?"

Anika blushes a bit as she giggles. "Yeah, that's easy for you to say, Miss Skinny Forever. As for Ryan," she adds, shrugging whistfully as she pauses to eat some pancake, "I'm not sure what he likes. He's not dumb, but can be a bit clueless, you know? I'm throwing out signals, and they're just kinda bouncing off his forehead. Maybe I should try something a little more obvious."

Tokiwong said:
"It was very fun, I enjoyed it immensely. Mark is a very good swimmer," she pauses cocking her head, "I am not so sure, I can agree. Kelly seems to like him as well, and she is human, I am just a machine, it only stands to reason that he would go after someone of his own species," she says flatly.

"But I enjoyed his company, he is such a nice person," she finishes.

"Hey, quit talking like that," Anika says sternly, wagging her fork at Star. "You are not 'just a machine'. He might have thought that at first, but he's gotten to know you, like I have. Besides, Kelly is so full of herself. Big pop star thinks she can have her pick of the boys. I"m telling you, he likes you. He usually swims by himself, doesn't he?"

Tokiwong

First Post
Agamon said:
Anika blushes a bit as she giggles. "Yeah, that's easy for you to say, Miss Skinny Forever. As for Ryan," she adds, shrugging whistfully as she pauses to eat some pancake, "I'm not sure what he likes. He's not dumb, but can be a bit clueless, you know? I'm throwing out signals, and they're just kinda bouncing off his forehead. Maybe I should try something a little more obvious."

Star smiles, "Ryan is well, I don't think he is used to the kind of attention your trying to give him. He seems pretty focused on trying to figure who is trying to get him, an why. With good reason, I am just afraid of what that kind of a drive can do to a person. I have a feeling that Ryan can be a very scary person if he is not careful. Maybe you just need to be blunt, do something so unexpected he can't help but take notice of you?"

Agamon said:
"Hey, quit talking like that," Anika says sternly, wagging her fork at Star. "You are not 'just a machine'. He might have thought that at first, but he's gotten to know you, like I have. Besides, Kelly is so full of herself. Big pop star thinks she can have her pick of the boys. I"m telling you, he likes you. He usually swims by himself, doesn't he?"

Star blushes, "I am sorry, I did not mean it like that. I understand Anika. He does enjoy swimming by himself, and I hope next time he goes, he will ask me to join him, it was refreshing just like cooking, this morning. I hope you enjoyed the meal, I tried very hard to follow the recipes as they were written." The food is actually quite good, all the way around.

Star smiles, "I really like trying new things. It is fun," she states.

Remove ads