• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy Issue #7 "Innocence Lost" - Part 1

Hammerhead

Explorer
Tokiwong said:
Ryan

*Whoosh*

Ryan ducks another spinning kick, as Charles regains his footing, the baseline, or at least enhanced baseline was quick on his feet. The two had been going at it for nearly two hours and had quite a crowd going of students, watching them fight back and forth.

Charles was much tougher then he looked and he could take some punishment, because his body instantly repairs itself, and even the most grievous of injuries was a minor inconvenience at best. He would flow from one fighting style to another keeping Ryan off-balance where Ryan had the raw power, Charles had experience and training to counter the raw talent and capabilities of the young elite.

“Your good, Ryan, you would make one hell of fighter one day,” Charles replies parrying attacks as needed. He catches Ryan’ arm and flips him forward onto the ground, he kneels, “Nice, real nice. In a straight up fight, this would be ugly, I have taken look at your file; you’re packing some serious power. By the way I think I got a bead on Strength, sources in INTERPOL, and otherwise have sighted him in Bangkok trying to lay low. The city is about as corrupt as one can get, but always great for a good time.”

He helps Ryan up, “Do me a favor and pass that on to Mark. Still no word on Honor though.”

"Thanks Charles. You're not too bad for an aging merc yourself," he says tauntingly, smiling as he stands up from being thrown to the ground like a sack of meal. "Bangkok, eh? I'm not sure I want to know what your idea of a good time is." Dirty old man.

"Still, the tip is nice. I think we're getting closer and closer to Honor, with the safehouses and the tip we could get from Li. Now we could also try and get him to come out if we hit his brother, or just tie up lose ends by going on a little business trip too. I'll make sure Mark knows," Ryan replies, as his feet suddenly rise and hover a few inches off of the ground. I suppose I should go to Sarah, and apologize and stuff. Great. Maybe I can find out what the heck she was talking about too. And not get John mad at me. Then I guess we start looking for Mr. Assassin again.

"You want to try again, or are you getting tired out?" Ryan asks, a half smile on his face again.

Tokiwong

First Post
Hammerhead said:
"Thanks Charles. You're not too bad for an aging merc yourself," he says tauntingly, smiling as he stands up from being thrown to the ground like a sack of meal. "Bangkok, eh? I'm not sure I want to know what your idea of a good time is." Dirty old man.

"Cleaning up dissidents is always a fun time" Charles replies, "besides they have great forms of entertainment and relaxation, one of the reasons I stuck around there for about two years fighting in brush wars."

Hammerhead said:
"Still, the tip is nice. I think we're getting closer and closer to Honor, with the safehouses and the tip we could get from Li. Now we could also try and get him to come out if we hit his brother, or just tie up lose ends by going on a little business trip too. I'll make sure Mark knows," Ryan replies, as his feet suddenly rise and hover a few inches off of the ground.

"You want to try again, or are you getting tired out?" Ryan asks, a half smile on his face again.

"You know I would love to, but I have to check on her majesty, I am here on her dime, so to speak. Chances are if you strike at Strength, you might be able to lure Honor out for some vengeance, and if you got Li, you can always arrange something with th Brss Orchid, they are pretty hardcore, but they keep their word. Hitting Strength while the two are seperated increases your odds of success," he finishes.

"Well Ryan I need to shower, but we can do this again later," he lights up a cigarette and makes his way towards Kelly' room.

Aust Meliamne

First Post
Tokiwong[b said:
John[/b]

Sarah spends the rest of the evening laying in a motionless slumber. She stirs only in the morning early, finally sitting up. She turns to John speaking mentally, “I am sorry about that, yesterday, something inside me snapped, my powers are growing I think, its like I can’t control them, and the things I see, I hear, its like two sides of a story, but I don’t know what that story is. It is too much information, it is like I know things I should not know. I am scared, I don’t know what it means John, and I don’t know what is happening to me.”
John looks at Sarah with a warm smile, trying to comfort her, "Don't worry, Sarah. We'll figure it out. I'm here if you need me. If you need someone to talk to."

Tokiwong

First Post
Aust Meliamne said:
John looks at Sarah with a warm smile, trying to comfort her, "Don't worry, Sarah. We'll figure it out. I'm here if you need me. If you need someone to talk to."
Sarah smiles and pats him on the shoulder, and heads into the bathroom to get cleaned up. About ten minutes later she comes out with some sweat pants and a t-shirt on, "Let's get some breakfast John, I can't remember the last time I ate solid food..."

Shalimar

First Post
Tokiwong said:
To be short and to the point, the letter is congratulatory on behalf of the UNJE on acceptance to the Legacy team. They are pleased to have you aboard, and although you have been at the Institute a short team, feel you have the qualities and talents that could make you a successful member of the team. The UNJE hopes to incorporate your current image into the team, and provide a positive image of young lites for the building of a better tomorrow.

In short she got accepted.
Kelly's eyes widen, and her mouth drops, an acceptance letter was the last thing she thought she would get from the UNJE after she had told Jun Min what was going on with her. She just couldn't smile wide enough to express how happy the acceptance was making her, finally she was gonna get to do something good for other people, something that Neuro would never do.

"I...I have to tell everyone, to tell Charles, tell....Tommy... he knew, knew ahead of time, he really was able to get me on it, I don't know how, and I don't wanna know, I owe him, I'll make tonight his best date ever."

Agamon

Adventurer
Tokiwong said:
Star smiles, "Ryan is well, I don't think he is used to the kind of attention your trying to give him. He seems pretty focused on trying to figure who is trying to get him, an why. With good reason, I am just afraid of what that kind of a drive can do to a person. I have a feeling that Ryan can be a very scary person if he is not careful. Maybe you just need to be blunt, do something so unexpected he can't help but take notice of you?"

"Hmmm." is all Anika says to that.

Tokiwong said:
Star blushes, "I am sorry, I did not mean it like that. I understand Anika. He does enjoy swimming by himself, and I hope next time he goes, he will ask me to join him, it was refreshing just like cooking, this morning. I hope you enjoyed the meal, I tried very hard to follow the recipes as they were written." The food is actually quite good, all the way around.

Star smiles, "I really like trying new things. It is fun," she states.

"It was great, Star. Thank you for sharing. Just make sure you let me know when you're trying something new. It's even more fun to do with friends," she says with a smile. Moving the tray, she gets out of bed and heads for the bathroom. "Let me get cleaned up and we can go see if there's anything new on the Honor front."

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
"I...I have to tell everyone, to tell Charles, tell....Tommy... he knew, knew ahead of time, he really was able to get me on it, I don't know how, and I don't wanna know, I owe him, I'll make tonight his best date ever."

As if on cue, there is a knock at her door, "Hey Princess you in there, just checking in and seeing if you got anything else for me? I know you are awake in there it isn't like you need to sleep," Charles' voice filters into the room.

Anika

Agamon said:
"It was great, Star. Thank you for sharing. Just make sure you let me know when you're trying something new. It's even more fun to do with friends," she says with a smile. Moving the tray, she gets out of bed and heads for the bathroom. "Let me get cleaned up and we can go see if there's anything new on the Honor front."

Star nods, and waits for Anika to get cleaned, while she waits she cleans up the tray and food and disposes of it. She also gets changed into a sassy schoolgirl outfit, akin to something close to the school uniform. She smiles, "I did some shopping, I think it looks cute, right?" she models the outfit for Anika.

Aust Meliamne

First Post
Tokiwong said:
Sarah smiles and pats him on the shoulder, and heads into the bathroom to get cleaned up. About ten minutes later she comes out with some sweat pants and a t-shirt on, "Let's get some breakfast John, I can't remember the last time I ate solid food..."
"Sounds good to me," he says with a big smile. "Glad to see you're feeling better."

Shalimar

First Post
Grinning widely, Kelly pops over to the door and opens it before Charles is able to even finish his first sentence. She stands in the door frame, still sweaty and in her work out clothes, but positively glowing with a smile that reaches to her eyes, the first real smile that Charles has seen her have since Neuro came into her life.

"Charles, I have some really, reall,y really big news." she says positively bouncing from foot to foot, she points at the computer terminal and if anything her smile gets wider. "They accepted me, onto legacy, they really let me onto it, even with every thing Neuro did up here." she says tapping her temple. "I get to help people now, and I'm gonna just donate whatever it is that they pay people on Legacy...ooh, I just can't wait to tell everyone." she blurts out excitedly, hugging Charles.

Last edited:

Tokiwong

First Post
John

Sarah smiles, “I am feeling much better,” she says with a large smile, “I have never felt this good before, its like I woke up, and I am totally alive again. I feel everything, and it’s strange but I feel so much closer to everyone, now.”

Sarah pauses at the door to the Cafeteria, “I really messed things up with Ryan though last night. I told him what I knew but I didn’t say it right, and he got really upset with me. Then something deep inside me snapped, it was scary, it was a dark scary place… so cold… so powerful.”

Kelly

Shalimar said:
"Charles, I have some really, reall,y really big news." she says positively bouncing from foot to foot, she points at the computer terminal and if anything her smile gets wider. "They accepted me, onto legacy, they really let me onto it, even with every thing Neuro did up here." she says tapping her temple. "I get to help people now, and I'm gonna just donate whatever it is that they pay people on Legacy...ooh, I just can't wait to tell everyone." she blurts out excitedly, hugging Charles.

Charles looks confused, but finally wriggles out of the hug, “Well congrats princess, I hope you do the right thing,” he says with a shrug, “I know you have been looking forward to this for some time now. I am not good at this congratulatory stuff, so uh, yeah I am happy for you. Anyways, you got anything else for me, not to get all business like, but I am just trying to stay focused. Looks like your team may be heading to Bangkok soon, not sure, it all depends but we got a locale for Strength, which could lead to info on Honor. Of course if that does not pan out, then you got Li to fall back on. Personally I say use both of them, no reason to fly in blind, but that is just me. I got fewer scruples, and no moral complications,” he shrugs.

He finishes his cigarette and tosses it into the trash, “That is about all I got to report to yah.”

Remove ads