• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Generation Legacy the Next Generation of OOC

Tokiwong

First Post
Shalimar said:
There isn't any intrusion for the system to react to. The systems would certainly counteract her powers as well as anyone who used mental powers on them, but they'd counter hers simply because the white noise would be cancelling or interfering with their involuntary movements. The system would only be able to give them info if it could tell whenever a person looked at someone with an implant, she just takes in more detail then normal people do with their eyes and interprets it better.

But I agree that he'd be able to flat out guess that she would have tried to read them.
I would say from now on you describe the ability as reading body language instead of reading surface thoughts.

Each act has very different imagery going on.

Agamon

Adventurer
Okay, let's see if I got this. Anika and Sami are in the main building with the baselines, Mark just left there to find Cassie, and Karen and Ryan are in the ruined tower checking out what's down the shaft? Who did Kiyana go with? Am I forgetting anyone? Do Ryan and Karen really want to go exploring right now? It's kinda like looking for seashells on the beach as a tidal wave looms... :p

Aenion

First Post
The goal was to find any clues as to what happened to James and/or anyone who can provide more information.

Besides who better to do so than the two more durable members of the team. However a orbital bombardement has even Karen worried for her safety.

Victim

First Post
Agamon said:
Okay, let's see if I got this. Anika and Sami are in the main building with the baselines, Mark just left there to find Cassie, and Karen and Ryan are in the ruined tower checking out what's down the shaft? Who did Kiyana go with? Am I forgetting anyone? Do Ryan and Karen really want to go exploring right now? It's kinda like looking for seashells on the beach as a tidal wave looms... :p

Who's gathering seashells again?

Besides, being in a bunker deep underground would likely be somewhat helpful if the PCs are caught in the orbital attack.

Victim said:
Who's gathering seashells again?

Besides, being in a bunker deep underground would likely be somewhat helpful if the PCs are caught in the orbital attack.

Depends.. an orbital laser/particle beam.. possibly.

An orbital Harpoon.. (ie.. massive spear of ceramics/depleted uranium and a rough guidance system) unlikely. An orbital penetrator like that..will go though most things like a blow torch though butter and most likely will be up to a dozen such at once.

What can I say.. I read up a lot on the concept of future weapons. (they are a scarey and CHEAP superweapon.. gravity gives them all they will ever need to hurt anything they hit)

Agamon

Adventurer
Wow, an orbital harpoon? Who'd do that to their own planet? I'm thinking particle beam, and Victim has a point, if they're deep underground, they'll probably be safe...assuming no cave-in...but even then they probably wouldn't die, neither of them needing air, food or water. Plus Ryan can disintigrate matter. Huh, I love it when a good plan unintentionally comes together.

Get my email, by the way, Toki...?

Remove ads