• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

German shop for 4.0

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Jhaelen said:
Hat irgendeiner der deutschsprachigen Forenbesucher vor, DDI zu abonnieren und via Internet zu spielen? Ich fände das ja theoretisch interessant, fürchte aber, dass es nicht genügend deutsche Spieler geben wird, die diese Option nutzen werden...
Perhaps. That will mainly depend on the added value of DDI besides the game table. The game table would be a godsend for me and my group (I'm studying in the UK, but my group is still back home) - but I'm probably the only one committed enough to D&D to pay for the DDI.

Because the game table... well, my players would rather use MapTools because it is free. And they're not very interested in the other applications of the DDI.

Cheers, LT.

hong

WotC's bitch
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Vielleicht. ;)
I'll probably have to get the DDI anyway, so that someone in our group has access to all the rules and especially adventures.
Ob ich darüber auch spielen werde, weiß ich noch nicht. Möglich ist es. Ich habe gerade eine Neverwinter Nights 2 Gruppe, mit der wir montags spielen. "Richtiges" D&D wäre auch nicht schlecht...
I am still wondering on whether I have to get a credit card for the DDI, and where to get it. (Eventuell steht auch mal ein Bankwechsel an. Ich zahle immer noch Kontoführungsgebühren und mach nur Online-Banking!)
Ouch, my eyes.

Keefe the Thief

Adventurer
We´ll see - i play The Dark Eye on Saturday and DM my Moonsea sandbox online campaign (via Skype & Maptool) on Tuesday. That´s already a lot of gaming for my time budget.
I´m normally not the person for playing games with strangers on the net, but fora like this one give you a pool of potential players / DMs you "know" already. We´ll see. On of my friends is moving to America for a couple of years to get his PhD - i´m really tempted to try to get a DDI game going with him - timezone problems nonwithstanding. ;)

B4cchus

Explorer
Would be something if we europeans would start writing in our native languages here :)
Zoals in het Nederlands, auf Deutsch, en Francais, etc..
But anyhow.. I recommend my fellow europeans to order from bookdepository. hey have free shipping all across europe. On average, they are about 30% below amazon prices (did I mention free shipping?)

B4cchus said:
Would be something if we europeans would start writing in our native languages here :)
Zoals in het Nederlands, auf Deutsch, en Francais, etc..
But anyhow.. I recommend my fellow europeans to order from bookdepository. hey have free shipping all across europe. On average, they are about 30% below amazon prices (did I mention free shipping?)
Interesting idea. Maybe we should have a special Off-Topic forum thread for "Discuss in your native tongue", where all discuss the same topic, but each posting his thoughts in his own language? ;)
(But how do we find a topic interesting enough people?)

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
Interesting idea. Maybe we should have a special Off-Topic forum thread for "Discuss in your native tongue", where all discuss the same topic, but each posting his thoughts in his own language? ;)
(But how do we find a topic interesting enough people?)
Heb je enig idee hoe banaal nederlands klinkt? En hoe ga je al die engelse fantasie termen vertalen naar m'n moers taal? Dwerg, Elf en Draak zijn prima te doen, maar hoe zit het met verschrikkingen zoals een 'Ogre'? MB heeft dat een keer geprobeerd met Ridderstrijd en HeroQuest, en dat klonk echt voor geen meter.

En laten we heel eerlijk zijn, niet nederlanders hebben grote moeite met nederlandse woorden uit te spreken. Zelfs 'simpele' woorden zoals 'bekijk' hebben mensen moeite mee. Bewijs!

In other words, let's stick to English on ENworld ;-)

Cergorach said:
Heb je enig idee hoe banaal nederlands klinkt? En hoe ga je al die engelse fantasie termen vertalen naar m'n moers taal? Dwerg, Elf en Draak zijn prima te doen, maar hoe zit het met verschrikkingen zoals een 'Ogre'? MB heeft dat een keer geprobeerd met Ridderstrijd en HeroQuest, en dat klonk echt voor geen meter.

En laten we heel eerlijk zijn, niet nederlanders hebben grote moeite met nederlandse woorden uit te spreken. Zelfs 'simpele' woorden zoals 'bekijk' hebben mensen moeite mee. Bewijs!

In other words, let's stick to English on ENworld ;-)
In hindsight, maybe my idea wasn't good. Being familiar with plattdeutsch, I almost, but not really understood what you wrote. :)

I think I got one part of your message and want to supplement an example:
Gnomes in German are not lawn ornaments. That "honor" is reserved for Dwarves!

Cergorach

The Laughing One
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
In hindsight, maybe my idea wasn't good. Being familiar with plattdeutsch, I almost, but not really understood what you wrote. :)

I think I got one part of your message and want to supplement an example:
Gnomes in German are not lawn ornaments. That "honor" is reserved for Dwarves!
Yeah, I was having trouble with translating Gnome to 'tuin kabouter' ;-)

I still want to do a proper english to dutch 'D&D' dictionary, maybe even translate the core OGL rules over to dutch. It might draw in some of the really 'young' and the really 'old' (or just those that don't have any aptitude for english)...

Cergorach said:
Yeah, I was having trouble with translating Gnome to 'tuin kabouter' ;-)

I still want to do a proper english to dutch 'D&D' dictionary, maybe even translate the core OGL rules over to dutch. It might draw in some of the really 'young' and the really 'old' (or just those that don't have any aptitude for english)...
"Kabouter" sounds like "Klabautermann" in German... IIRC, it's a kind of fey/spirt/creature that "haunts" ships... Is there something like that in English? (it should be, unless British sailors where very different from German ones?) Or is this just a Kobold in English?

hong

WotC's bitch
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
"Kabouter" sounds like "Klabautermann" in German... IIRC, it's a kind of fey/spirt/creature that "haunts" ships... Is there something like that in English?

"Prostitute"

Remove ads