• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gestalt 13th Level "Terror and Blasphemy"

Hammerhead

Explorer
Of course, I would hardly consider attacking someone because he's a twisted and disturbing undead ghost who dominates human slaves to be "no good reason." :)

Your character looks cool.

Serpenteye

First Post
Hammerhead said:
Of course, I would hardly consider attacking someone because he's a twisted and disturbing undead ghost who dominates human slaves to be "no good reason." :)

That might be a good reason if the twisted and disturbing ghost wasn't your companion on a quest to "save the world", fighting a much more agressive and dangerous evil enemy. ;)
If the Paladin's code of honour is interpreted strictly he might have a hard time keeping his paladinhood while associating with an evil companion. That's obviously up to Creamsteak to decide, but I would advise against entering a game where you will be more or less forced to execute a senior player's character.
Your character looks very cool, though, and I'm sure he could be a nice addition to the group. :)

Last edited:

Creamsteak

Explorer
Serpenteye said:
That might be a good reason if the twisted and disturbing ghost wasn't your companion on a quest to "save the world", fighting a much more agressive and dangerous evil enemy. ;)
If the Paladin's code of honour is interpreted strictly he might have a hard time keeping his paladinhood while associating with an evil companion. That's obviously up to Creamsteak to decide, but I would advise against entering a game where you will be more or less forced to execute a senior player's character.
Your character looks very cool, though, and I'm sure he could be a nice addition to the group. :)
Depends on your take. Exalted feats have the requirement that a character be played in an exalted manner. One of the many many many layers of examples they make in the book is that an Exalted character loses the feats for taking an evil action for the greater good. Even though "stabbing the paladin" (evil) is going to eliminate all demons for all of eternity (good, very good), it would cause the character to lose access to exalted feats. Even more directly, the book gives an example of a character sacrificing themselves for a higher good can end up being considered an evil action and result in them nolonger being considered exalted.

I'm possibly a bit lax on the latter, but I would understand it if a player running an exalted character would feel that the presence of a powerful undead that took steps to dominate people was an evil in need of destruction.

On another subject, I wanted to turn back to VoP and try and persuede my opinion onto everyone.

The text I'm referring to I'll quote:

To fulfill your vow, you must not own or use any material possessions, with the following exceptions: You may carry and use ordinary (neither magic nor masterwork) simple weapons, ***Omitted example***, wear simple clothes ***Omitted example***, with no magical properties. You may carry enough food to sustain you for one day in a simple (nonmagic) sack or bag. You may carry and use a spell component pouch. You may not use any magic item of any sort, though you can benefit from magic items used on your behalf...

What follows are examples of "magic items you recieve the benefit of, used on your behalf."

1)You can drink a potion of cure serious wounds a friend gives you
2) recieve a spell cast from a wand, scroll, or staff or ride your companion's ebony fly

Note the bold. What is the only way that you can drink a cure serious wounds potion that A) a friend gives you, B) is used on your behalf, C) You did not use (activate). I think the only example in the Player's handbook is the example of a character applying a potion to another character as a full-round-action.

Also, at the end there are notes such as (Paraphrased) "you may not, however, borrow any magic item from a companion for even a single round, nor may you cast a spell from a scroll, wand, or staff).

Creamsteak

Explorer
So, what's going to happen? You guys need to tell me (preferrably today or tomorrow).

I'll continue the game another post here in a few hours (after dinner and homework).

Creamsteak

Explorer
I meant about the new player. Although I know that it seems everyone is fine with it, I want to confirm that if things heat up (and it sounds like they might) everyone is ok with that.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
It really doesn't matter to me either way. Always interested in add'l players (especially for a dungeon crawl), but I also understand the issues for the group dynamic as well.

Keia

nameless

First Post
[Grrr, I typed a couple of paragraphs reply and my browser crashed]

I'm planning to play as more of a compassionate paladin than a righteous one. He holds himself to higher standards than everyone else (though he still doesn't tolerate evil to go unpunished. Not all punishments are violent, however). I feel that I have a pretty good grasp on what my character's code is (and I could write a sort of mission statement if you like), but feel free to smack me OOC if you think I inadvertently propose something inappropriate IC.

Remove ads