Gestalt 13th Level "Terror and Blasphemy"

Creamsteak

Explorer
Dalamar said:
I think I'll take a go at a hexblade/sorcerer, just to see how that turns out. Can I use the UA variant of changing my sorcerer familiar for an animal companion while keeping my hexblade familiar?

Erm... sorcerer familiar for animal companion? What page is it on?

Serpenteye said:
Hello Creamsteak, my old advesary ;), what's up?

I've never played a gestalt game before, it looks promising. I'm considering a Sorcerer/Paladin... Is the Paladin's ability to cast spells without penalty in armour a class-feature that would apply to the sorcerer's arcane spellcasting? Is the sorcerer's lack of alignment restrictions and ethos a feature that would apply to the paladin half of the character, without penalties?

--
edit: 3 posts in 1 minute, all with a similar idea. Great minds think alike, huh? :cool:

The Paladin casts spells as divine, but a Sorcerer casts spells arcanely. So the Paladin's ability is completely seperate, and you would suffer arcane spell failure for the sorcerer. However, there is at least two classes in Complete Warrior that would help by reducing Arcane Spell Failure. The sorcerer's alignment lacking a restriction does not affect the Paladin's alignment restriction and code. Any Paladin would retain a code and must still be lawful good.

Paxus Asclepius

First Post
If we're splitting into groups of four, I might suggest using those players who have played together in the past as one group; Dalamar, Brother Shatterstone, Serpenteye, and myself.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Dalamar, I'll allow the animal companion/familiar switch I guess.

Serpenteye said:
What range of alignments do we have to choose from? (all players in general, not specifically paladins)

Whatever you like. The adventure doesn't care. However, if we have really opposite alignments (paladin vs. blackguard) scenerios, we'll simplify things and slide them into seperate groups.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Creamsteak said:
Hey Uriel, look under your name real quick. Did you notice that yet?
speaking of which... Look under yours. :)

What's UMC?

We have always call it MU back home (KCMO) or if you’re going national Mizzu but I've never seen it listed as UMC.

Last edited:

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
I'm either going to recreate the character that made me love Gnomes way back in 1st Ed*:Gnome Fighter or Ranger /Wizard combo.

or a Fighter/Rogue-Master Thrower.

(when I played a Gnome on a dare, since they supossedly sucked, having -1 Comliness as their only stat mod and all...Showed those guys!)

, are we allowed to take Prestige Classes? The gnome Giant Killer was pretty much what he was anyways...

Uriel

Living EN World Judge
Creamsteak said:
Hey Uriel, look under your name real quick. Did you notice that yet?

Er...Gosh, just when I was about to step down, too...

Maybe you meant the Yahoo Messenger Icon.
:D

Last edited:

Remove ads