• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting a little forgetful?

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
I use to know everyone's phone number. Now if I lose my cellphone I wouldn'T be able to call anyone.

Technology is evil!

Bullgrit

Adventurer
Especially #4:
http://www.cracked.com/article_19583_the-6-weirdest-things-that-are-ruining-your-memory.html

As a blogger, I know I'm expected to take pictures of everything I do, but I often forget to do my "duty." I'd rather live the moment than record it. I guess this means I'll actually remember the moments more than those moms and dads who photograph every event in their children's lives.

But I also regret not having more pictures of my youth. One advice that I want to give my kids as they have access to cameras is to take lots of pictures so they have photos of their friends and places. But reading that article, maybe it's bad advice.

Bullgrit

Janx

Hero
I suspect the effect happens because the photographer is so focussed on taking the shot, they aren't really paying attention to the subject. So in the same time, the non-shooter is actually staring at the art piece. Instead of thinking "I so gotta show my friends this proof I'm in a museum next to some famous dead dood's art"

My wife is a photography person. We have thousands of pics of flowers and pets. We don't even have wedding photos.

Remove ads