• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Getting older and low Constitution?

mzsylver

Explorer
Crothian said:

Good popint. So, a wizard would have HPs equal to his level. Would he still get three for toughness? That would really make this feat worth while. :D

dude. false life & vampiric touch just became your best friend.

it would be amusing if your familiar's hit points changed from half or yours to its own naturally, because it was more! :D

Al

First Post
Irrespective of the ruling in the PHB, I house-rule that if a stat reaches 0 through aging, you become bedridden (Str/Dex) or die (Con). Bear in mind that DnD characters do pretty well: they have an average life expectancy of 91 (!) if they don't get killed, eaten, turned to stone or disintegrated. At least some should probably go early.

PS Best way to assassinate someone: Con drain him to 1 just before his 35th birthday. Characters who die of old age cannot be resurrected ;)

Tiberius

Explorer
Al said:
PS Best way to assassinate someone: Con drain him to 1 just before his 35th birthday. Characters who die of old age cannot be resurrected ;)

But they can be Reincarnated. The Reincarnate spell makes no mention of the "no raising the elderly" clause, and Masters of the Wild points out that druids can even restore life and youth to those who have died of old age.

-Tiberius

Saint Brendan

First Post
But they can be Reincarnated. The Reincarnate spell makes no mention of the "no raising the elderly" clause, and Masters of the Wild points out that druids can even restore life and youth to those who have died of old age.

Reincarnate and a polymorph other will bring back the deceased; and he is good to go !

How would you end up with a character that old anyway?

My character's usually only adventure for a few weeks. By that time they have reached about seventh level ... and then my D&D group breaks up and I have to find a new group and get a new character. :rolleyes:

But seriously, does your character do a lot of non-adventuring activities . . . producing magic items, spending time with family, or maybe just taking long vacations. That's the only way I can see getting that old.

(I actually like the idea of downtime. It just never happens in my groups!)

Robbert Raets

Explorer
Saint Brendan said:

Reincarnate and a polymorph other will bring back the deceased; and he is good to go !

And if I'm correct, the spell description of Ressurection mentions that you can use Wish to restore the character to her original form.

Remove ads