• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gfunk-JollyDoc Crossover Story Hour [Updated 4/30]

Hammerhead

Explorer
It would be just like Entropy to Shapechange into an undead lich queen, wouldn't it? Good thing Amal didn't try a last ditch spell attempt to bring her down.

Wait...didn't Amal still have True Seeing on? If that is the real Vlaakith, they're in trouble. But I doubt it's the real one.

Last edited:

JollyDoc

Explorer
Joachim said:
Wait until you try and explain the whole "Raising from the Dead" issue. That once caused my finance to raise an eybrow.

Of course, she also imagines us running around pretending to swing swords at each other, too.

I notice that you used the word Finance instead of Fiance...was that a Freudian slip?

Lela

First Post
Me, I find it amazing how quickly JollyDoc and Joachim start thinking about juices and orgies the moment they find out their good buddy is getting hitched.

Planning for the bachalor party already guys? And am I invited?

Last edited:

Joachim

First Post
JollyDoc said:
I notice that you used the word Finance instead of Fiance...was that a Freudian slip?

No slip. Girlfriends/Fiances are EXPENSIVE!! Good thing Michelle never reads these boards :)

EDIT: Michelle is worth it, though...

Last edited:

gfunk

First Post
Well, I'm pretty sure Amal's Wisdom score is 28.

Base 16 + 6 (enhancement) + 2 (inherent) + 4 (levels) = 28 (+9)

That would give his destructions a base DC of 26 (10+9+7) or 27 or 28 for 8th or 9th level heightened destructions.

I'm not sure if he has any other relevant modifiers like Spell Focus.

Lela

First Post
I think he also has major bonuses to Enchantment spells. Partly from the Domination Prestige Domain (Spell Focus (Enchantment) for free).

But that was before the 3.5 conversion. I'm not sure where he is now. And, of course, it wouldn't help much with Destructions.

Last edited:

Joachim

First Post
gfunk said:
Well, I'm pretty sure Amal's Wisdom score is 28.

Base 16 + 6 (enhancement) + 2 (inherent) + 4 (levels) = 28 (+9)

That would give his destructions a base DC of 26 (10+9+7) or 27 or 28 for 8th or 9th level heightened destructions.

I'm not sure if he has any other relevant modifiers like Spell Focus.

Wisdom is actually 31. Base 16 + 6 (enhancement) + 4 (inherent) + 5 (levels) = 31 (+10).

DC's for a 7th level Destruction are 29 [10 + 7(level) + 10 (WIS) + 1 (Spell Focus) + 1 (Greater Spell Focus).

Amal can heighten to 8th as well as cast through a Miracle, effectively heightening to 9th level, making DC's 30 and 31, respectively. And if they are within 100 feet of Noir (greater Aura of Despair), that DC is increased by 2.

With the demise of 3.0, Amal had to be adjusted. He lost classes of Contemplative, but replaced them with levels of Hierophant and Thaumaturgist. As a result, he is no longer a master of mind control like he once was. Spell Focus in Enchantment was replaced with Spell Focus in Transmutation (for Disintegrate and Disrupting Weapon).

I will post his stats before too long so y'all can see him in all his glory.

Remove ads