GHOSTBUSTERS: FROZEN EMPIRE - Official Teaser Trailer (HD)

I'm kind of hyped, are you?

I mean, it looks like it has some potential in a Ghostbusters 2 kind of way but two things scare me and neither of them is a ghost - Patton Oswalt and Kumail Nanjiani, two of the reliably least-funny funny guys in movies.

And they're double-teaming us here. I know that Patton is an absolutely lovely person in every interview I've seen and account I've read of his behaviour, and Kumail seems very nice too, and but man I've never seen a film and rarely seen a TV show that Patton Oswalt improved with his presence. Yet I have seen many where he broke the tone in a bad way, or just was supposed to be funny but wasn't, and Kumail has been really variable and almost never funny in movies/shows (the more serious a role he's in, the better, honestly).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
I need to watch the reboot that came last year(?)

Last years sequel-boot might help to identify who the new crew is, but as this seems to be a ‘new’ threat and has the original team giving guidance to the younglings I’d say you could probably just watch it on its own terms as another sequel of the original movie.

its gives me vibes of the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, upgraded to modern live action movie - thats generally a good thing

I mean, it looks like it has some potential in a Ghostbusters 2 kind of way but two things scare me and neither of them is a ghost - Patton Oswalt and Kumail Nanjiani, two of the reliably least-funny funny guys in movies.

And they're double-teaming us here. I know that Patton is an absolutely lovely person in every interview I've seen and account I've read of his behaviour, and Kumail seems very nice too, and but man I've never seen a film and rarely seen a TV show that Patton Oswalt improved with his presence. Yet I have seen many where he broke the tone in a bad way, or just was supposed to be funny but wasn't, and Kumail has been really variable and almost never funny in movies/shows (the more serious a role he's in, the better, honestly).

Patton Oswalt was one of the better things about Agents of SHIELD.

Jack Daniel

dice-universe.blogspot.com
its gives me vibes of the Real Ghostbusters cartoon, upgraded to modern live action movie - thats generally a good thing

I'm hearing that sentiment from a lot of places, and I wholeheartedly agree.

I'll just be happy as long as the villain isn't related to either Gozer or Vigo in any way.

I don't mind more Ghostbusters wackiness, I guess.

For something truly ghastly, if we give them a few years, we'll get a reboot with AI versions of the original cast.

Remove ads