• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Ghostbusters (trailer)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm not sure if that's only true for sci-fi movies, but it's clearly true for several of my all-time favorites: Bladerunner, Alien, 2001. I actually watched several movies and tv shows just because I was interested in the soundtrack or musical score, e.g. There Will Be Blood (Radiohead's Jonny Greenwood), Les revenants (Mogwai).

It's also the best part I remember about the first 'The Crow' movie - I don't know how often I've listened to that soundtrack. It even led me to discover several bands that are now favorites of mine.

Unfortunately, too many movies and tv shows overdo it in the musical department. I recently watched a movie which had background music or songs in every single second. This was incredibly annyoing after a while and actually distracted me from the movie. Another bad example, at least for me, are the Lord of the Rings movies. I. just. cannot. watch. them. anymore. And just because of the musical score: if I never hear 'Frodo's' Theme' again it will be too early!

"Sound" not "score". The score is half of it, but I was also talking about the wail of a TIE fighter, the sound of a proton pack powering up, the TARDIS materialising - sounds which become iconic on their own.

Ryujin

Legend
"Sound" not "score". The score is half of it, but I was also talking about the wail of a TIE fighter, the sound of a proton pack powering up, the TARDIS materialising - sounds which become iconic on their own.

Iconic. Or infamous. Know what the Wilhelm Scream is? ;)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Here's another trailer. Mainly the same for the first three-quarters, then some different stuff for the last quarter.

[video=youtube;qrtgJKDECI8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrtgJKDECI8[/video]

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
hmm that was better:) even if they are doing boob jokes

also does is say something that the US Trailer capped off with a loud black woman whereas the international focusses on boobs?

Last edited:

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
hmm that was better:) even if they are doing boob jokes

also does is say something that the US Trailer capped off with a loud black woman whereas the international focusses on boobs?

Not that I can think of. Unless the well-known country "International" has some kind of shared cultural character than the country "US" does not. That seems unlikely to me.

Remove ads