• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Giant Monster Mayhem!!

Yellow Sign

Explorer
I have had a idea for a PBP game floating in my head for a few days now. I want to see if anyone would be interested in it. Players would come up with a Giant Movie Monster like a Godzilla or Rodan. Once a good discription of the monster and it's powers were posted, the monster would be set loose to bring destruction and mayhem to the world at large. The object of the game would to stylishly destroy cities, defeat armies, and do battle with other monsters. I the GM would award Style Points for such victories. If destruction was not your bag, then you could run a "Good Monster" who would get Style Point for helping people and driving off the "Bad Monsters". Or you could be a Alien race who is trying to conquer the planet with your Giant Robot Monster and you get points for subjugating cities and nations to your will. Etc..Etc....What every motivation you could come up with would be great. And if a player didn't want to play anymore then the monster goes back to the sea, flys off into space, or is killed by some Scientific Agency that's goal is to protect humanity.

Any comments or suggestions?

GWolf

First Post
(Little Asain Men Pointing to Sky)

"GODZILA! GODZILA! [asian/words screams]"

Loving the idea. Count me in as a Good Scientist who invents a kick ass vehicle/robot, bent on driving away aliens and monsters, but is freelance (i.e. not involved in gov't).

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Yep I'm in I want to be a Gargantuan Fiendish Dire Green Slime that oozes its way through the city streets and dissolves everything in its path!

Return of the Blob

Actually A Gargantuan Fiendish Dire Aardvark might be just as much fun

The Blob Meets King Kong in the Valley of the Giant Ants

If you don't have anything particular in mind, I would suggest using the Kaiju template from the OA edition of Dragon, or, if you don't have that I *suppose* you could use the Titanic template from the MM II, but the Kaiju template is much better.

Yellow Sign

Explorer
I was not planning on using 3e rules. Though a Kaiju template sounds interesting. I will have to check them out. At the moment, I am testing the waters and getting ideas.

Last edited:

Remove ads