• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gimble Or Devis?

Which Iconic Bard Is Best?

• Gimble

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Devis

Votes: 144 57.8%

LuYangShih

First Post
A simple question. Which Iconic Bard do you prefer? Gimble has a goatee. Gimble has a coat. Gimble has a nice color scheme. Devis has nothing but yellow all over him. The choice is clear. Vote Gimble!

Belen

Adventurer
Devis, of course, who wants to sit around and watch a warty ol' gnome perform.

Of course, I think Lidda would make the best bard. She should think about a career change.

Melan

Explorer
Neither. If all iconics were suddenly killed in a freak whaling incident, I would say "Well done!" and smile. :D

Devis

First Post
LuYangShih said:
The choice is clear. Vote Gimble!

Ex-CUSE me? Not that I have anything against biasing a poll, dear Lu, but really... couldn't you have come up with a better form of competition for me than Stumpy over there? Let's review our qualifications:

- I'm handsome and lanky. Gimple is squat and filthy.. alas, an all-too-natural result of being so close to the ground. With no modern sewers in most towns, Gimple is all too close to the manure-laden streets for most people's taste. To give him credit, he does try to cover his unfortunate scent with any manner of grotesque perfumes and pomades. I can't speak for you, but I know who Vadania would rather be near when a monster with the scent ability comes calling.

- I am remarkably more able with any number of instruments and artistic expressions. My prodigious perform skill applies to all manner of song, instruments, and storytelling. Glimble's applies only to one. Sad to say, he's chosen "Perform: mime."

- I am vastly more experienced. Gimlet still thinks that he should be an illusionist, no doubt advised by the "talking badgers" he keeps going on about, and by his numerous red-hatted garden-dwelling friends. I've been a bard since day one, and have stood behind Mialee, Alhandra, Vadania, Naull, Ember, Lidda, and other beautiful women of adventure. And what has Thimble accomplished? Hmmm. I hear he's good at making shoes while the cobbler sleeps, but other than that, I must confess I'm at a loss.

So vote, good people, and vote true! Devis loves you, and he knows you love him. Now show me.

LuYangShih

First Post
Ember qualifies as a beautiful woman to you, Devis? Well, you are certainly the less, ah, discriminating Iconic Bard. Amazingly, the yellow faced blockhead is in the lead by five votes! It cannot be!

Henry

Autoexreginated
Sorry, Dev, I gotta go with Gimble. :)

Let's face it - you're chaotic neutral, and rumor says you'd dally with anything that a first edition Ranger's damage bonus would qualify for. I don't know if I'd necessarily believe it, but there looks like there's something awfully symbolic going on with that weapon of choice...

...then again, same could be said of gimble...

...but there's something to be said about a guy who can walk, chew gum, sing, dance, play a lute, AND apparaise a necklace - all at the same time.

Sorry!

Coik

First Post
Melan said:
Neither. If all iconics were suddenly killed in a freak whaling incident, I would say "Well done!" and smile. :D

Well, that goes without saying.

But despite the implicit wish for Devis' (and all the other Iconics') grisly death, I have to go with him over a gnome any day. At least half-elves don't slow the party down with their stumpy little legs.

Remove ads