• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gimble Or Devis?

Which Iconic Bard Is Best?

• Gimble

Votes: 105 42.2%
  • Devis

Votes: 144 57.8%

MThibault

First Post
I'm no opposed to Gimble or the new, wee bards, on principle. I just like Devis better.

Never said I was a connosieur of bards, I just know what I like.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Devis is much better than gimble. When you have to sacrifice your most useless party member to the monster to escape you want the monster to be full and slow afterwards, not warmed up from apitizeres.

orbitalfreak

First Post
Obviously, Gimble is just craving attention. I mean, we already have an *Iconic* bard, and l'il G tries to get in on the act too (pun intended). Not only that, but he's doing all he can for the attention he wants, even the name-recogniton route: Gimble sounds similar to Gimli, don't it? Tryin' to cash in on JRRT's fame in addition to Devis's.

Besides, D got style!

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
I had to vote Gimble because, while Devis is a smooth muthafugga (watch my mouth!), he's also a tramp.

No offense, but Gimble is a family man. At least he respects that sacred bond he and his goat formed on their day of wedded bliss! She takes care of the kids, while he slays the orcs and brings home the gold, to by cans and laundry for her to eat.

Gimble cares for the ladies! Devis, you're just misogynistic. Which is cool, but not exactly PC in the NEW D&D.

Shard O'Glase

First Post
devis in a second.

I mean look at gimple his clothes are so busy it looks like a blind man dressed him and he's so lame he can't juggle a dagger without stabbing himself.

Devis at least has a sense of style and knows which way a weapon should be pointing. And besides devis is a much better performer and if you hang around with him you can score with some groupies that look decent, not so with gimple where the groupies would be lucky to score with you.

LuYangShih

First Post
Devis has taken a commanding lead with an extra ten votes. Can the Half-Elf nancy boy really be that much better than the Gnome nancy boy?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads