Give me your monster conversion request!

the Jester

Legend
Tortles & Tabaxi, bonus whatevs for PC versions!

Here's my quick and dirty race write up for the tabaxi:

Tabaxi

Tabaxi are an ancient race of feline humanoids with a proud history. Once driven almost to extinction, their numbers are slowly recovering. Tabaxi history includes experiments with life forms, as well as dangerous energies, and they tend to have many enemies.

TABAXI TRAITS

Your tabaxi character has the following racial traits.

Ability Score Increase. Your Dexterity score increases by 2. In addition, you increase either your Wisdom or your Charisma by 1.

Age. Tabaxi live to about 50 years of age, though most die far younger because of a mix of their curiosity and their many racial enemies.

Alignment. Tabaxi are often fickle and capricious. As a race, they are chaotic neutral, but there are many exceptions.

Size. Tabaxi are somewhat larger than humans, ranging from 6 to 7 feet in height. Their weight ranges from about 160 to 380 lbs.

Speed. Tabaxi walking speed is 30'

Natural Weapons: A tabaxi can use a claw as a light finesse natural weapon with which it is proficient. A tabaxi's claw deals 1d4 points of slashing damage. Some tabaxi employ two weapon fighting, using a one-handed weapon in one hand and a claw as an off-hand weapon. A tabaxi can use its claw as a monk weapon.

Catfall: A tabaxi that falls can spend its reaction to gain resistance to the falling damage and land on its feet.

Catlike Reflexes: Tabaxi get advantage on all Dexterity saving throws against threats that they are aware of while they can take actions.

Languages: You can speak, read, and write Common and Tabaxi. Tabaxi is a language full of purrs, yowls and other catlike noises. It is the descendant of Ancient Miloxi, a now-dead language still seen from time to time in places where their crumbling ruins remain accessible.

Last edited:

The_Gneech

Explorer
Here's my quick and dirty race write up for the tabaxi:

Tabaxi

snip

I would suggest making Catfall a reaction. Also, some indicator of how the claws interact with a monk's martial arts would be good. (My own suggestion is to say they can be used as monk weapons.)

-The Gneech :cool:

Remove ads