• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

GM's: what was your first module?

Aryoche

Explorer
Piratecat said:
Summer, 1981.

I tried to run S4, Expedition to the Barrier Peaks. As soon as the PCs saw their first robot they turned around and tried to flee the "dungeon." Uh oh! I wouldn't let them and said that the ship's door closed, so instead of exploring they sat next to the closed door for 12 hours. I tried to bribe them with a laser pistol. . . and they refused to touch it. I sent more wandering robots after them, and they tried to ignore them. Finally when they got outside, they walked away, and the players decided that they didn't want to play D&D that day. We went to the beach instead. I was appalled.

But it was a learning experience. :D

wouldn't that be S3 Expedition to the Barrier Peaks, followed by S4, the Lost Caverns of Tsojconth ? Those were the first two I ran, back to back. And had serious problems with the players trying to leave.

Markn

First Post
Keep on the Borderlands (like almost everyone else).

I really believe this module had it all. City, dungeon and a good story to enhance as needed. This was a real gem.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Wow, I feel kind of weird. I haven't actually run a premade adventure yet, though I've only been Dming for a couple of years. I've yoinked plenty of stuff, an occasional map, NPC, etc, but I haven't actually used the entirety of anything.

Whenever my group starts up again, I will be using several, Underdark adventures, the theme for my campaign.

DethStryke

Explorer
The first module I ran was Keep on the Borderlands as well. Now, as to what was my *second* module, i could not even begin to remember at all.

Bree-Yark!

Peter Gibbons

First Post
B1 In Search of the Unknown.

The first one I played in was C1 The Hidden Shrine of Tamoachan. I still remember how cool it was when the bat-statue bit down on someone's arm and drained blood to open the secret door.

Oryan77

Adventurer
It was the Planescape module Eternal Boundary 8 years ago. I just ran it again for a new player earlier this year. It was good both times.

Akrasia

Procrastinator
B2, like most folks here.

It came in my Holmes edited Basic Set (the one with the Sutherland cover).

I reran part of B2 a few months ago with C&C. I was surprised how good it still is! :)

wingnut_dc

Explorer
The first module I ran was Gamma World's Legion of Gold. Several friends and I went to the store and we all purchased a module (we had planned on doing a round robin DM). I didn't realize at the time I had gotten a Gamma World module. I just thought the cover looked cool. After reading it, I found out it wasn't for D&D and went out and bought the rule book. I was hooked on Gamma World ever since.

Remove ads