GNOgaming editable PDF character sheets

gnogamer

First Post
Greeting,

Last night we made an update to the 4th edition character section. We updated the 4.5.x version since there was a calculation issue for the total weight of the equipment.

In addition, we realize a lot of players have begun using power cards and even ritual cards for their games. This has eliminated the reason for a character sheet to list powers and rituals alltogether so we created a character sheet for this group of gamers. It is a basic single page sheet that just covers the character. No powers, rituals or magical items sheets were added. This sheet is also ideal for players who might be using a laptop with older hardware or limited resources. We are in the process of creating another version with the stat block as well, but no release date has been scheduled at this time.

Enjoy and happy gaming.

-The GNOgaming Team
Welcome to GNOgaming.com

BartD

First Post
Hi!

I really appreciate this last slimmed-down single-page sheet (4e is simple and the sheet should reflect that). However I have some suggestions:

1. Powers and rituals.
How about including space for listing (not describing) powers and rituals? Even if the player is using power cards or something like that, it is still very useful to have a record of such choices. It could be as simple as the feat/class/racial boxes or a table for listing level and name. And I don't think it would need to have room for all the powers and rituals a 30th level wizard can have...

2. Attacks & Powers.
- It would look better if the Basic Attack/At-Will/Enc/Daily check boxes for Attacks & Powers were replaced by a pull-down list for each attack or power. Then the whole thing could be on one line and become easier to read.
- A box for checking off encounter/dailies would be nice too.
- How about moving the "Damage" box so that it come right after "Defense" but before "Range" and calculations? Then the most important stuff is placed together and simple to use. (I'm not too keen on the forced division into "Damage" and "Damage Bonus" - this would also seperate the two)
- If there is need for more space, how about removing/reducing the plusses, they seem very large and make the boxes look less like connected. There might even be space for a larger Properties box at the end?

3. Minor stuff, based on using a printed version at the table
- I don't see what the pull-down conditions are useful for when using the paper sheet at the table?
- The "Current" HP/Surge/AP counters will be confusing as they will mostly show fixed incorrect values.
- - The Languages box seems very large (easily room for 15 languages) - maybe enlarge the skills-font instead?
- The "Other Valuables" area seems like a filler. Imo this would be a good place to record powers and rituals.

All these suggestions may sound harsh, but they are imho and meant in the best way - the sheet looks good and I want to use it but a few elements don't seem to be on par with the rest of the sheet.

Keep up the good work! :)

Last edited:

gnogamer

First Post
Hi!

I really appreciate this last slimmed-down single-page sheet (4e is simple and the sheet should reflect that). However I have some suggestions:

1. Powers and rituals.
How about including space for listing (not describing) powers and rituals? Even if the player is using power cards or something like that, it is still very useful to have a record of such choices. It could be as simple as the feat/class/racial boxes or a table for listing level and name. And I don't think it would need to have room for all the powers and rituals a 30th level wizard can have...

2. Attacks & Powers.
- It would look better if the Basic Attack/At-Will/Enc/Daily check boxes for Attacks & Powers were replaced by a pull-down list for each attack or power. Then the whole thing could be on one line and become easier to read.
- A box for checking off encounter/dailies would be nice too.
- How about moving the "Damage" box so that it come right after "Defense" but before "Range" and calculations? Then the most important stuff is placed together and simple to use. (I'm not too keen on the forced division into "Damage" and "Damage Bonus" - this would also seperate the two)
- If there is need for more space, how about removing/reducing the plusses, they seem very large and make the boxes look less like connected. There might even be space for a larger Properties box at the end?

3. Minor stuff, based on using a printed version at the table
- I don't see what the pull-down conditions are useful for when using the paper sheet at the table?
- The "Current" HP/Surge/AP counters will be confusing as they will mostly show fixed incorrect values.
- - The Languages box seems very large (easily room for 15 languages) - maybe enlarge the skills-font instead?
- The "Other Valuables" area seems like a filler. Imo this would be a good place to record powers and rituals.

All these suggestions may sound harsh, but they are imho and meant in the best way - the sheet looks good and I want to use it but a few elements don't seem to be on par with the rest of the sheet.

Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks BartD. Your comments are appreciated. This and the other versions are designed to be used on the laptop or PC of the player as a living document during game play. They can be printed of course, but you are right that some of the functions become void when this is done. We have thought about creating a print only version, but have not escalated it in our priorities for a released product, so it will not be available any time soon.
Your suggestions are good for the single sheet and this was a first run version of a single sheet created from one of the more exhaustive sheets. There is a lot of room for improvement and you have been kind enough to point out some great options for those improvement to take place. We will discuss your suggestions at our next meeting and decide the priority and target release date for the new version. Thank you so much for the suggestions. It is a great help and very important for us so we can make something that can be used by as many players as possible. I will update everyone on this progress as the new versions become available. Thanks again and happy gaming.

-The GNOgaming Team
Welcome to GNOgaming.com

gnogamer

First Post
We wanted to make a quick announcement. Tomorrow we will be releasing the latest versions of the character sheets. All character sheets will have been effected by the latest changes, and we even completed the simplified version with the stat block as we hoped. The full announcement will be posted tomorrow after the files are successfully uploaded. Many of the changes were aesthetic, but a few major ones were added as well. We were able to implement many of the suggestions from BartD in these versions. Thanks BartD for the suggestions and we hope you and everyone likes the new sheets. Watch for our announcement of the official release tomorrow.

gnogamer

First Post
Its official. We have updated the site with the latest versions of character sheets. Thanks again to BartD for the many suggestions. The updates include:

• Added usage dropdown for weapons and powers.​
  • Usage dropdown selection is now reflected in the power name field by a change in the background color to match the usage.​
  • Increased the field size and character limit for Weapon and Power Name fields and Properties fields.​
  • Changed Astral Diamond font.​
  • Increased font for Weapon and Power Name field.​
  • Removed "+" from Attack Forms section.​
  • Increased the character limit for Defenses field.​
  • Changed the Conditions section to begin with empty fields.​
  • Fixed Current HP calculation (only broken on some sheets).​
  • Added Areas to list powers (At-Will, Encounter, and Daily) on all non-Stat Block character sheets.​
  • Added "Used" checkbox on stat block page for powers (to be used when character users encounter or daily power).​
Enjoy and happy gaming.

cieje

First Post
I know this thread is old, but it seemed like the primary thread for these PDF character sheets.

I have the newest files that seem to do everything I need (Thanks by the way they're awesome).

Something I don't understand is what the brown box under "Attack" vs "Defense" (blue box) is for. I try to put in my weapon or at will bonus to hit... like +7, or 7, I tried putting in the attack's attribute... like STR etc but it always seems to go back to 0.

Here's my sheet:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/31575582/Elzaneth.PDF

-cj

sniggles

First Post
One little quirk I noticed. At least on the 5 sheet version, the af_damage_field_01 (The damage dice category for the first line in Attacks & Powers) is in 10 point font, and the subsequent lines (af_damage_field_02-06) have 8.6 point font.

Remove ads