• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gnoll Resolution

BSF

Explorer
Tormal said:
(OOC: Dave, I'm wondering if there would be any support to be found from Gobadan's academy?)

Sail there and present your case as best as you are able. As I recall, nobody wanted to use character generation points to buy contacts. so the only contacts you guys have are whatever you have developed through the game.

injuredwyvern

First Post
Um, I realize that I am probably the minority here, but I don't think there is anything we can do right now to stop the gnolls. Gathering a big army to go take care of them is a great idea, but completely unrealistic. As well, we won't be able to deal with the gnolls on our own. Here is what I propose:
First, we head to Delve since it is the closest city to the gnoll threat and tell them what is going on. We tell them that it seems like the gnolls are managing to poison entire towns before taking them over, and that they are far more organized than would be assumed. Then we suggest that they send out word to the villages that have not yet been attacked by gnolls and warn them. The city will listen or it won't, it's not like we have any credibility as a group or as individuals. Let's just tell them what we know so the people can be better prepared. From there we'll all go to Greerson. We can get the refugees set up, report back to Tannerson, and be able to train with decent resources. After that, unless Tannerson suggests otherwise, we should evaluate our options. If we still want to go after the gnolls, we might, if not, then we can choose to go elsewhere. It just seems like you all have one track minds. Try to expand your horizons and see who else in this world might need our help.

BSF

Explorer
I am going to be out of state for a couple of days. See if you guys can figure ou when you want to leave your current area and where you are going/what you are doing. If you hae that straightened out by then, I will try to move forward with some narration. So far we have 1 vote to go pick up the woman and child then start moving toward Delve. But I am not sure you guys are accepting Tyrm's directives for the entire group. There is a lot of discussion about what you may or may not do later on, but it would be nice to actually move toward that eventuality.

Ayla131

First Post
I have been telling you guys for how long that we need to go get the woman and child and go back to Greerson and maybe think of other things! So I guess that IS what i want to do, lets go to that city on the way back the Greerson and then tell tannerson what we have found out, but we also have to pick up the woman and child on the way.

injuredwyvern

First Post
This might shock all of you - it certainly shocks me - but I agree with Ayla! Let's get the girl and her kid, stop by Delve, then head back to Greerson.

Macbeth

First Post
All of us? It seems like, if we still want to deal with the gnolls we should leave some of us in Delve to rally support. However, I do like the idea of some of us going to Greerson, maybe even all of us.

Kultar

First Post
Oceas agrees that some should stay in Delve to tell the story and recruit help if possible. The woman and child need to be picked up and the people taken to greerson that choose to go. Some may choose to stay at Delve as well but we may be able to convince them that they would be much safer on the other side of the river. I would volunteer to stay in Delve and try to accumulate information and help if possible. I believe Tyrm was thinking of staying also. Those that continue on to greerson should be able to either catch a boat travelling upriver or at least cross over. Perhaps some horses could be acquired to speed the journey.

injuredwyvern

First Post
Saying you want to go to Delve to recruit help is one thing. Actually finding people randomly willing to help out a group of random adventurers is certainly another. I did suggest we stop by Delve and let them know what is going on, but we can't expect them to throw together an army for our sake. Even if they did form an army, or even a small band to help with the situation, what makes you think that we would be in charge of them? The idea is great, but we need to be realistic. I still think the plan should be to stop in Delve to give them info, then we all continue to Greerson.

Macbeth

First Post
Realisticly, with the diplomatic skills in this group, I think we have a chance of at least getting some force from Delve. Some things to consider:

1. They may not send a force with us, but even if they're not under out command, they're still helping us by hurting the gnolls. I agree that they may not put them under our command, but even if we don't have power over them they're still helping us.

2. We need to present them with a plan if we want help. Just saying "hey, there's some gnolls. You might want to stop them." Isn't going to help much. We need to give them a plan. Outline what the force would need to do, who would lead it, what they would get out of it, etc. and negotiate from there.

Given that Oceas and Tyrm already want to stay in Delve, and that a lot of us don't want to abandon the gnoll problem, I say we leave Oceas, Tyrm, and any others who want to here, while Li, Ayla, the survivors, and anybody else who wants to stop by Greerson. After roughly 2 months in Greerson, we head back. Round trip that gives us roughly 4 months, say 5 to be safe. That gives plenty of time for the group in Delve to rally support, and we could come back stronger, with a bigger force, then before.

BSF

Explorer
OK, I see Tyrm, Ayla, Ceru & Oceas all openly advocating going to get the woman and the boy. That is a simple majority, so I will start working from there.

Remove ads