• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[GO:V] A Game of Opposites: Villains OOC (Heroes Stay out!)

Guilt Puppy

First Post
Timothy said:
Guilt puppy, because I want to keep this game serious (more or less) so Air Guitars and dire pinguins do not really fit into that, kiton mink can be done and normal mind flayers too.

*Guilt Puppy air guitars mournfully*

Kyton monk it is, then (or Monk/Assassin, depending on the Kyton's ECL... +12 according to the link posted here, which would leave just one class level)

BTW, If you do a game of demons at some point, I vote for a less serious tone :)

(I just realized... Are you going by ECL or CR? Doing ECL for both doesn't quite work out proper, as it's usually higher based on being played over many encounters, whereas this will probably be only a few encounters. Possibly average the two?)

Last edited:

Timothy

First Post
I'll go for a game of monsters with a very light tone after this, ok?

and about the CR's, The heroes have to take ECL's too, so I think I'll keep it that way. Remember that you're greatest strength is in your lair.

I like the suggestions I got via mail so far, although I won't be giving ideas. I will only prrove or disapprove.

Wippit Guud

First Post
Ok, again about the DC... someone said it's Cha mod + 1/2 HD.
I think you forgot the 10 added to that, a base mind flayer is DC 17.

Mine is a bit higher :)

Wraiths can't be thralls. Undead are immune to mind effecting may I remind you :) Sorry to trash your party. I seriously suggest taking very good thrall monsters or humans or dwarves with levels and certain good powers and spells to bring some diversity in.

I suggest that EVERYONE takes leadership and some great cohort or another mindflayer cohort with levels......

And cohorts can take cohorts.... I don't know how far we should take that but we could. I recommend everyones takes leadership and the cohort that comes with it, cohorts cohorts can get a bit lame so I suggest we drop that. But we'll need our numbers so...

And euhm yeah I didn't include the 10 base but that's considered normal IMHO :D.

There are items to boost your DC... 25.000 for a amulet that grants +5 to DC's of all inherent abilities and Spell Likes abilities...

A must have for everyone.

[It's from montecook]

I'll do the map but I'm waiting for a answer from creamsteak if I could use his map maker.

arwel

First Post
There are items to boost your DC... 25.000 for a amulet that grants +5 to DC's of all inherent abilities and Spell Likes abilities...

Just when I'd thought I'd finished along comes another thing to buy. What book is it from and can we use it? So far I've stuck with the core books and the BoVD. Are we able to take Leadership? Whilst we're ECL 13 we're still third level charachters and Leadership requires us to be 6th level.

Timothy

First Post
Leadership can be taken, but I'll not allow any cohorts with leadership. Followers are the slaves, so no extra ceatures in that. Also, one rule for leadership: Your cohort has to be at least 2 levels lower than you, no matter what your leadership score.

Thralls will go on ECL too Btw.

Remove ads