• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Good 4e Stuff from 3rd Party Publishers?

Spinachcat

First Post
I know WotC shot down the 3PP aspect of 4e. I would have rather seen another D20 deluge where we could sift the gems from the dreck, but on DriveThru there appears to be some people still publishing 4e stuff.

Have you bought any? Is any of it good? Anything great?

I am particularly interested in Monster books and Settings. Anything interesting on that front for 4e?

Ferdil

First Post
I highly recommend Amethyst from Dias ex Machina games. It's a modern crossover fantasy setting, very original and has rules for guns.

Kirnon_Bhale

Explorer
Another vote for Amethyst. It is well done and they are coming out with what looks like a great Essentialised version too.

Neuroglyph Enworlds own Reviewer rates the setting quite highly.

dangerous jack

First Post
Death Dealer from Goodman Games. It's an adventure, but also has an implied setting with a few details (and some vicious critical hit tables). I really like it for the different style of running-encounters and creepy atmosphere.

SteveC

Doing the best imitation of myself
I'll echo all of the products that have been mentioned, and also include the Punjar adventures from Goodman Games. Very Fafhrd and Mouser type adventures.

I also liked the One Bad Egg line, and wish more people would have picked it up.

SabreCat

First Post
I'll second the vote for One Bad Egg. They have some quality stuff, and it's a shame they disbanded due to poor sales. I would have paid dearly for the planned follow-on book to the Codex Venenorum or to see more of the "Shroud" setting.

I've had a lot of fun with material by Nosfecatu Publishing, too. Character and monster supplements based on Filipino folklore, they're really well crafted and affordable.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I've been impressed with the 4e stuff Open Design has done. Courts of the Shadow Fey is out and Lost City is coming soon. They also include a good chunk of 4e stuff in their magazine Kobold Quarterly. I haven't picked up Soldiers of Fortune yet, but it's on my list of things to check out.

Also I'd like to give a brief plug for my little company Sneak Attack Press. So far we've just done adventures, but they all include new monsters that you are free to use for other purposes. You can check out the EN World Official reviews for our latest two products Hunting Deathcloud and Good Little Children Never Grow Up.

OnlineDM

Adventurer
I can't believe no one has mentioned this yet, but the War of the Burning Sky campaign from our own EN World is quite good (the party I'm running through it is at 10th level at the moment, and we're having a lot of fun). I'm also very excited about EN World's upcoming ZEITGEIST campaign - I was fortunate to be involved in some play testing, and I think it's going to be another great campaign.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads