• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good rant on the news page

PlotDevice

First Post
My grandmas are both long dead, but you weren't to know.
My own comments are received back with the same humour with which they were sent. (wow, boomerang comments! irony everywhere!)
And snide away? The snide is gone, if ever it was here. If posting a joke, I aim to receive a joke on me with grace. So I laugh at my own inequities, and apologise for any offense.
Warm Regards,
Evan

Lichtenhart

First Post
PlotDevice said:
My grandmas are both long dead, but you weren't to know.

Plot device, he didn't want to offend you talking about grandma. She is in fact Eric Noah's grandma, mentioned in the rules. He explained the rules saying we should abstain from anything his grandma could find unconvenient.

Talrinys

First Post
After my first visit on EN World yesterday i read the rant, now first things first, i have never ever played a D&D game ever, for some reason im having a lot of trouble finding people to play with, i have bought a lot of products tho, as i like the rules sytems, and i will start DMing soon.
Now since christmas i have been buying Dragon, i have seen quite a few references to EN World already, and i have seen a lot more on some of the D20 websites i have been visiting. After my visit yesterday i thought this site rocked, i finally realized how much WOTC website sucks, and why there's so many people over here. From what i have seen the first 2 days, Morrus you have done an incredible jon in making this website, and building such a great community. If publishers aren't giving you credit, they should be shot, or they should be ordered by law to pay you royalties or something.
The whole WOTC skipping thing is just lame, i mean most people have one of their products which they just stinks, and a lot of alternative rules have been provided by D20 publishers for the rules that WOTC have created, they have no right in thinking that just because they own a license they are better than everyone else. WOTC themselves stated that D20 was intended to let people publish products to provide even more content for a great game, now if they can't accept when people are doing that, they need help, i mean come on.
I got so ***** mad when i read that line about them just making a PR guy respond to you, that is just stupid and lame, if they can't see how good a resource you are providing, honestly they shouldn't be making D&D.
Thanks a lot Morrus for a site which i will be using a lot the next months and maybe even years as i look for D20 products.

Remove ads