• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Good semi intro one shot 5e adventiure

Hello. Wondering if anyone has an idea for a good one shot intro adventure to play with some quick pregens. 2 of my 3 players have played 5e before. One is very experienced with RPGs. The last one is new to tabletop games but a veteran of video games RPGs.

I'm basically wondering if there is a standout one shot adventure or couple session game that can get the group's feet wet with a great adventure. Any thoughts on 5e modules that might meet this? Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N920T using EN World mobile app

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
It's not that short by any means, but the adventure in the Starter Set is top notch and has pregens. Nothing says you have to run the whole thing, after all.

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
Just last week I asked this same question. See my thread here:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?533329-Best-1-shot-adventure-(low-level)

I ended up running an adventure from Kobald Press, Tomb of Tiberesh. My group really enjoyed it and it convinced the hold outs to give 5E a whirl. They managed to complete most of it in 5 hours (they had 2 puzzles and the boss fight to finish), but we did lose about an hour of that time due to dinner and telephone calls to worried kids during a tornado warning.

I recommend pregenerating their characters to save time.

MNblockhead

A Title Much Cooler Than Anything on the Old Site
The lost mines of phandelver adventure in the starter set is good, as Ath-kethin stated above.

Also, check out the Adventure's League collection of short one-shots "In Volo's Wake", available on the DM's Guild.

Remove ads